aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

Well, that shouldn't come as a surprise.  If anyone ever believed that it wasn't possible then they were pretty ignorant.  Also, the fact that that was ever held from the public was pretty ridiculous as well...

IF this is true, by far the most shocking thing is that a very large group of people were able to keep it secret for so long. That alone is the most unbelievable part to me.

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

you'd like to think that they'd have more faith in people to handle it than that

Bro there are huge parts of the population that can't even handle evolution, or vaccines, or climate change, or a round earth. You think they could handle ALIENS? 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Bro there are huge parts of the population that can't even handle evolution, or vaccines, or climate change, or a round earth. You think they could handle ALIENS? 

hey c'mon man, it's round alright. i mean, it's flat, but it's also round.

everyone knows that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

that is incorrect. what they said was "non-human biologics."

keep in mind a dog has non-human biologics.

Ok, but that wasn’t the context of the question “do we have the bodies of the pilots who piloted this craft?”

to which he responds “recovered biologics, yeah” and the confirms non-human biologics.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Ok, but that wasn’t the context of the question “do we have the bodies of the pilots who piloted this craft?”

to which he responds “recovered biologics, yeah” and the confirms non-human biologics.

welllllll... what about if the pilots burned up? and what they have is DNA traces (if these aliens even have DNA...) and maybe a part or two....?

all i'm saying is the guy never said we have bodies. lol

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I know...and it's unfortunate.  I'm confounded by some of the viewpoints of the people that also grew up Gen X like I did, especially those of us that grew up in the Midwest. 

Hell, a good portion of us have all watched Roland Emmerich films, so we should be prepared for climate change (The Day After Tomorrow), evolution (10,000 BC), and aliens (Stargate, Independence Day)...the only thing he didn't direct was a contagious disease movie, but I imagine many of us have also seen Outbreak, Contagion or even the Last Stand.  We all should be more than prepared to handle aliens.  😂

• Like 1

1.  I didn't really know or even think he was that old. 

2.  Was never a fan.  While I respected his ability, I put his show in the same category as Teletubbies and Barney...a complete and utter waste of time for any child and nothing was ever learned by watching it.  In fact, a child was dumber after watching it.  

3.  With that said, RIP, Paul.  You had a good life.    

Edited by swede700

It was a seriously close call, but the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team advanced to the knockout stages of the 2023 Women’s World Cup on Tuesday.

Portugal held the U.S. to a 0-0 tie at Eden Park in Auckland, New Zealand.

Only Portugal’s Ana Capeta hitting the post in stoppage time prevented the tournament favorites from a historically early exit from the competition.

@Heimdallr , can you explain what happened here? why is hitting the post a game decider? thanks.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

It was a seriously close call, but the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team advanced to the knockout stages of the 2023 Women’s World Cup on Tuesday.

Portugal held the U.S. to a 0-0 tie at Eden Park in Auckland, New Zealand.

Only Portugal’s Ana Capeta hitting the post in stoppage time prevented the tournament favorites from a historically early exit from the competition.

@Heimdallr , can you explain what happened here? why is hitting the post a game decider? thanks.

Just because if that shot would have gone in, Portugal would have won and the US would have been knocked out of the tournament. Close call. 

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Just because if that shot would have gone in, Portugal would have won and the US would have been knocked out of the tournament. Close call. 

oh, i get it now. the BALL hit the post and didn't go in, resulting in a tie score that helped the US.

i interpreted it as the PLAYER hit the post, as if that's a rule infraction or something. lol

Only Portugal’s Ana Capeta hitting the post in stoppage time....

Edited by vike daddy