Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

3 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I see why people are saying the Bears robbed the raiders, but if you look at it do you think this could be a semi development year for Gruden. 

They hopefully already have their QB for the future. Next year they would have 2 probably top 10-15 picks in a draft that's loaded with dline talent. They also will have crazy money come free agency to aquire more. They also have their own 2nd. Then in 2020  they can continue to build through draft without damaging cap space.

I know Mack is a Beast but he's not going to push the Bears above the Vikings or Packers. So if the Raiders hit on their draft picks it could be a win for the Radiers

44 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Solid career. 

You know, I am even more bitter about the Cowboys releasing Newman then I was about them releasing Ware.

He should have retired a Cowboy, and with all of our woes in the secondary and him finding success on not just one but 2 other teams screams that his departure and under performance came down to piss poor management. Heres hoping Richards has sustained success with Cheeto and Jones on the outside. But Newman should have been here with us.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

You know if Gregory gets going and we can't keep DLaw. That wouldn't be bad compensation for him.

There was only 1 team willing to do that for Mack apparently. I love DLaw, but he is certainly a tier lower than Mack. Also we'd have to trade Law now. Never getting to see him with RG. We won't have ability to trade him after his contract is up.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@WizardHawk

I would literally trade any player on our team for that, excluding Dak. 

Raiders get: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 6th + $23.5m/year for the next 6 years

Bears get: Mack, 2nd, 5th

The raiders made the right choice. 

Finding passer rushers the caliber of Mack is like hitting the jackpot. You just don't get rid of them. especially when they're young and you have a ton ($130m+) of cap space in the coming years. I understand the picks are nice on paper, but odds are probably better that 3/4 of those flame out within a couple of years than end up anywhere close to the player that got rid of. 

Archived