Close this thread

Dashing202

31 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

This was the program I was in before I switched. There were some very fun classes, and a lot of interesting ones as well. I really enjoyed the school side of things, just realized I didn’t want to be a cop lol

I mean I'm not a big school person in general (mostly because i didn't know what i wanted out of it) but I'm really enjoying the classes I'm in now.

As for the written exam, I don't remember if it asked about prior drug use on mine? Even if it did I forget what I put (not to hijack the thread but its been years since I used marijuana. That was the only thing I did and only on the very rare occasion). I don't think I would have put "I never used drugs before" though.

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

first hint on applying for a professional position, and grooming yourself to be one:

stop writing stuff like wanna and gonna. take the time to push yourself to be correct in all things, even the little things.

Hey you stop starting these sentences with them little letters. They ain't gonna hire you for nuthin'! Haha

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

first hint on applying for a professional position, and grooming yourself to be one:

stop writing stuff like wanna and gonna. take the time to push yourself to be correct in all things, even the little things.

"Want to" and "Going to" aren't exactly great professional communication either, especially in the 'get to know you' phase.

But this thread is getting too serious tbh.

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I mean I'm not a big school person in general (mostly because i didn't know what i wanted out of it) but I'm really enjoying the classes I'm in now.

As for the written exam, I don't remember if it asked about prior drug use on mine? Even if it did I forget what I put (not to hijack the thread but its been years since I used marijuana. That was the only thing I did and only on the very rare occasion). I don't think I would have put "I never used drugs before" though.

Typically there is a pre-screening following the written test, that is if you passed the written. During the pre-screening, they'll have you fill out a short version of a PHS (personal history statement) which will be used to cross check with your background packet during poly or CVSA.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"Want to" and "Going to" aren't exactly great professional communication either, especially in the 'get to know you' phase.

LOL. Seriously though, way too many people say "I want to" or "I believe".. and from my experience as a sheriff deputy, you have to sound confident when speaking especially during the hiring process.

3 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

Typically there is a pre-screening following the written test, that is if you passed the written. During the pre-screening, they'll have you fill out a short version of a PHS (personal history statement) which will be used to cross check with your background packet during poly or CVSA.

Ah okay. Thanks! Are you law enforcement?

Edit: nevermind. I replied to your comment before reading the thread. 

15 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This thread was ment for me to understand more of what the written test would be. But it's pointless at the moment because different districts do different types of tests .

20 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

It's all good.

How far along are you in the process?

I completed the written test for the city. I finished 28th without veteran preference.

They're stuck in processing people for March 2017. 

Does the processing for one group take a whole month? If so I might just go municipal.

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Did you take the written exam on Saturday?

Hey dude !, it's gonna be this Saturday . It's for park police but from what three people I know have told me the test isn't that hard .

Im also taking correctional officer test next Tuesday which seems easier from what I herd .

as for your test ? Which did you do.

6 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Hey dude !, it's gonna be this Saturday . It's for park police but from what three people I know have told me the test isn't that hard .

Im also taking correctional officer test next Tuesday which seems easier from what I herd .

as for your test ? Which did you do.

I see.

Look up 2 posts. 

Good luck!

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I completed the written test for the city. I finished 28th without veteran preference.

They're stuck in processing people for March 2017. 

Does the processing for one group take a whole month? If so I might just go municipal.

Wow, that is really slow. I'd hate to go through that, I'd definitely apply with other agencies in the meantime. From written test to Med/Psych Eval (saved at the end), it took 5 months then I was offered the job.

Archived