Close this thread

Dashing202

25 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

If you lied on an application you already have.

If you’re smoking recreationally and trying to get into a field that has a 0 tolerance policy, once again you already have.

Yea, lying on the application definitely sinks him. I know people who have gotten hired despite smoking weed in the past (although, the keyword is the past) because they were honest about it. But yea, if you lie on the application, you're done. I don't know if they polygraph you (I know the feds do), but if they do, you're in trouble.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I know people who have gotten hired despite smoking weed in the past (although, the keyword is the past) because they were honest about it.

Most places I looked at applying had anywhere from 2.5-10 years they wanted you to be free of any weed use.

oddly enough the agency that allowed 0 tobacco use had the most relaxed policy on weed (2.5 years)

If you continue to lie, you will get DQ’d from the current agency you are applying to. You can forget about any other agencies, because they will do their due diligence and communicate with any agency you ever applied for and once they find out why you were DQ’d, well you guessed it, you’ll also be DQ’d again. 

Dishonesty is not taken lightly, you should let your BI know immediately if you’re “serious” about being a first responder.

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yea, lying on the application definitely sinks him. I know people who have gotten hired despite smoking weed in the past (although, the keyword is the past) because they were honest about it. But yea, if you lie on the application, you're done. I don't know if they polygraph you (I know the feds do), but if they do, you're in trouble.

The guys I knew who got in with a history of use usually had one (or some) of these things to offset:

- A good (or great) record in the Armed Forces, with deployment experience in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc

- A Bachelor's degree with a 3.5 GPA or higher.

- Well above average scoring in physical and mental acumen (you're doing 150 pushups in under a minute, while getting a perfect score in any written exams).

THEN, they might overlook the lying. And even then I highly doubt it.

13 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

If you lied on an application you already have.

If you’re smoking recreationally and trying to get into a field that has a 0 tolerance policy, once again you already have.

Alright let me pass the test first lol.

Like I might fail it for all I know . 

4 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

If you continue to lie, you will get DQ’d from the current agency you are applying to. You can forget about any other agencies, because they will do their due diligence and communicate with any agency you ever applied for and once they find out why you were DQ’d, well you guessed it, you’ll also be DQ’d again. 

Dishonesty is not taken lightly, you should let your BI know immediately if you’re “serious” about being a first responder.

Thanks for the info 

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'll be okay tbh I'm way more concern about my upper body strength .

4 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Most places I looked at applying had anywhere from 2.5-10 years they wanted you to be free of any weed use.

oddly enough the agency that allowed 0 tobacco use had the most relaxed policy on weed (2.5 years)

What state is this at ?

5 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The guys I knew who got in with a history of use usually had one (or some) of these things to offset:

- A good (or great) record in the Armed Forces, with deployment experience in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc

- A Bachelor's degree with a 3.5 GPA or higher.

- Well above average scoring in physical and mental acumen (you're doing 150 pushups in under a minute, while getting a perfect score in any written exams).

THEN, they might overlook the lying. And even then I highly doubt it.

Just read a post from an officer and he saids You'll fail even if your honest .

i should accept my lie and go with it although I will regret it 

7 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Washington State 

Ahh ok

its already to late for me to admit I've smoked weed .

i just read from a post on another site from a retire officer who's done interviews etc . I'm gonna have to be relaxed and calm which is what I'll need to do either way .

from what I can understand people who are even 100 percent honest including applications fail .

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

from what I can understand people who are even 100 percent honest including applications fail .

Yeah I think registering any deceit on the polygraph will be an auto DQ as well.

theyll ask you crazy questions too. One just to see how you react to a curveball, but also to see how you react to something really unsettling or angering. Kinda like the NFL combine interviews from what I’ve heard

So be ready for that.

4 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah I think registering any deceit on the polygraph will be an auto DQ as well.

theyll ask you crazy questions too. One just to see how you react to a curveball, but also to see how you react to something really unsettling or angering. Kinda like the NFL combine interviews from what I’ve heard

So be ready for that.

That's true . Anyway thank u for the helpd

god bless . I'll update if I even pass the written/agility test!

Archived