Close this thread

Dashing202

39 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I don't smoke every day I smoked every once or so in dc which is legal .

This is tremendous. 

"Every once or so" is beautiful, the irony of a would-be cop taking a written test arguing that weed is legal when it isn't federally, then there's "I smoke tree" (singular).

Well done.

44 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Well better lay it all out for them, I doubt they’ll understand but any deceit or misleading throughout the process is an automatic disqualifier for most agencies.

some agencies don’t even let their officers use tobacco products, so good luck convincing them recreational tree use is no big deal

41 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Well better lay it all out for them, I doubt they’ll understand but any deceit or misleading throughout the process is an automatic disqualifier for most agencies.

some agencies don’t even let their officers use tobacco products, so good luck convincing them recreational tree use is no big deal

No it's fine lol I don't smoke every day .

i smoke every like 3 months ? I'm much more of a drinker than a smoker .

actually tired of smoking a J 

9 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

No it's fine lol I don't smoke every day .

i smoke every like 3 months ? I'm much more of a drinker than a smoker .

actually tired of smoking a J 

Once every three months is probably about once every three months MORE than what they're going to allow. Just a heads up. 

12 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Ok... it's not about it being legal. Any organization can made hiring decisions based on their own standards.

My company has corporate offices in Seattle, another area where it's legal. Despite it being legal - or better stated, BECAUSE it is legal - they have a very specific zero tolerance policy and random drug testing through the year. 

At the very least, disclose it completely - but expect them to not consider you as a serious candidate.

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ok... it's not about it being legal. Any organization can made hiring decisions based on their own standards.

My company has corporate offices in Seattle, another area where it's legal. Despite it being legal - or better stated, BECAUSE it is legal - they have a very specific zero tolerance policy and random drug testing through the year. 

At the very least, disclose it completely - but expect them to not consider you as a serious candidate.

That sucks . Tbh I already put " never smoke weed " . 

I don't smoke like that at all tbh . Idk why I even brought it up. I'll let u know what happens tho.

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

That sucks . Tbh I already put " never smoke weed "

Yup. Good luck explaining this during your polygraph. Lying on the application is an immediate DQ. 

If I may suggest two alternate paths:

- Become a Prison Guard/Jailer. Get some experience in a similar field, and (in Texas) you can work your way up to a Sheriff/Constable. It's a 10+ year process, but it's doable.

- Join the Army. Not joking, tell your recruiter you want to eventually join the Military Police (MP). 

If you want to do this, you've got to prepare yourself for a while before you even complete an application. Work out, quit smoking AND drinking for a while, eat clean and get yourself mentally ready. 

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yup. Good luck explaining this during your polygraph. Lying on the application is an immediate DQ. 

- Become a Prison Guard/Jailer. Get some experience in a similar field, and (in Texas) you can work your way up to a Sheriff/Constable. It's a 10+ year process, but it's doable.

- Join the Army. Not joking, tell your recruiter you want to eventually join the Military Police (MP). 

If you want to do this, you've got to prepare yourself for a while before you even complete an application. Work out, quit smoking AND drinking for a while, eat clean and get yourself mentally ready. 

Alright thanks A lot for the info !

22 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm gonna just be honest with them dude . Man to man if I pass the written test I'll be straight up.

cause I don't wanna waste my time . I'm not a criminal I'm a good dude I'm not soft either u know ?.

i believe in helping the community and I also believing in protecting people . Im older now I'm not young anymore . I did drugs because I love life a lot . But I don't need it . You know I'm sure you drink sometimes or did . 

But ive never done cocaine or pills or anything hetic.

58 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I'm gonna just be honest with them dude . Man to man if I pass the written test I'll be straight up.

cause I don't wanna waste my time . I'm not a criminal I'm a good dude I'm not soft either u know ?.

i believe in helping the community and I also believing in protecting people . Im older now I'm not young anymore . I did drugs because I love life a lot . But I don't need it . You know I'm sure you drink sometimes or did . 

But ive never done cocaine or pills or anything hetic.

tenor.gif

OK. Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

cause I don't wanna waste my time . 

If you lied on an application you already have.

If you’re smoking recreationally and trying to get into a field that has a 0 tolerance policy, once again you already have.

Archived