2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I guess I'll have to get started...

There is no way Gute signs Mathieu.  I will personally apologize to every single person I've yelled at on this site for the past three years if Gute signs Mathieu.  Don't expect any apologies because it ain't happening. 

You're probably right. I mean he did say they are looking at CB heavily right now but it doesn't they plan to address it through Free Agency. Packers could absolutely afford him if they wanted him but I just think his price range is going to be absurd once these teams start calling him.

We went over this already.  We're not trading FOR a cornerback that had attitude issues and yelled at coaches and lost the support of teammates when we just TRADED one.  Apple's problems were significantly worse than Randall's. 

From my understanding though that Locker room has said that relationship is salvageable and a lot of his problems actually stemmed from some **** going on with his family that he couldn't separate real life from work life. If that's the case... ?

Just now, Nick_gb said:

From my understanding though that Locker room has said that relationship is salvageable and a lot of his problems actually stemmed from some **** going on with his family that he couldn't separate real life from work life. If that's the case... ?

Giants don't suspend him for a game if it's due to family stuff, and teammates don't publicly speak out against him in the first place if it's salvageable. 

Giants don't suspend him for a game if it's due to family stuff, and teammates don't publicly speak out against him in the first place if it's salvageable. 

All fair and valid points.

If we don't sign Mathieu, I want the Jets to.  If the Jets land him after landing Johnson and if they manage to get one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the draft, maybe they won't be a cupcake team for the Patriots anymore. 

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

Forgot he’s 5’9”

Shouldn't matter, there's a difference between not drafting those guys because of their low hit rate and this. If Gute looks at Mathieu and doesn't want him because he's 5'9, he sucks at his job. There can be plenty of reasons why he doesn't want him, but if you're a proven all Pro in the NFL, all these "measurable" requirements need to go out the window. He's shown he's a stud at this level.

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

Bettcher + Odell for the giants, Bowles with the jets, Landry in Cleveland. I dunno about our chances at Mathieu 

As an LSU fan (my non in state team) with Mathieu probably one of my all time favorites please don't sign at any of these three places.

ARI was good for him, don't go to these crap franchises. I want to see him in the playoffs again. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

As an LSU fan (my non in state team) with Mathieu probably one of my all time favorites please don't sign at any of these three places.

ARI was good for him, don't go to these crap franchises. I want to see him in the playoffs again. 

What if he signs in Minnesota.... 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Shouldn't matter, there's a difference between not drafting those guys because of their low hit rate and this. If Gute looks at Mathieu and doesn't want him because he's 5'9, he sucks at his job. There can be plenty of reasons why he doesn't want him, but if you're a proven all Pro in the NFL, all these "measurable" requirements need to go out the window. He's shown he's a stud at this level.

Not saying it does. But when looking at Packer DBs hard not to make note of that.

Archived