2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.  I was more referencing that getting someone in at CB would be nice.  I just do not want to go into the draft in a situation that almost forces the picks in rounds 1-3 to have to be at certain positions.  Keeping to the best value/player concept vs purely for need would be best.  

I think we get at least 2 in FA before it's all said and done (that number may include re-signing House). 

Heck, I'd take flyers on a bunch of upside guys at the CB position. Bring in 2-3 and don't spend more than 6 million towards '18 cap on them. 

Remember... Robinson and Melvin weren't worth diddly this time last year. 

I just listened to Brett veach's  presser today... Whew. That dude is a total football nerd. 8 could listen to him talk for hours.. On the chiefs website for anyone interested, 25 mins long. He is open and honestly refreshing. Total opposite of Ted with the media

Didn't realize Mike Wallace still had "that" type of elite speed. 

Hit 21.42 mph last year on a 66 yard TD. 

Only 4 WRs in the NFL were faster as ball carriers last season.... Tyreek Hill,  Marquise Goodwin, Martavis Bryant and Taywan Taylor. 

I wouldn't hate that move depending on the price, he definitely shouldn't be overly expensive. 

Just now, Siman08/OH said:

Martavis is that fast and 6’4”?

Lets do it!

Martavis is one drug incident away from being out of the NFL.  Let's not. 

If he's cut, that's a different story.  I'm not sending a pick higher than a 5th for a player who might be out of the NFL for a simple slip.  Considering how stupid some NFL players are, I never trust anyone who has had more than one drug violation.  If you get caught the first time, tough luck.  If you get caught a second time, you're a moron.  Bryant has gone beyond moron. 

“It’s not all about money for me,” he said. “I want to go somewhere where I can be completely immersed in football, and it’s not too much about anything but winning. I want to be a part of winning culture, where you feel that all the time. That’s all I want.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/15/tyrann-mathieu-a-winning-culture-matters-more-to-me-than-money/

Mathieu is going to be a Brown or a Jet after saying this.  Lol. 

8 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Totally okay and normal. No big deal. Just take an 85% pay cut. WE ALREADY PAID YOU DOUBLE YOUR GUARANTEED MONEY... You don't deserve anything else!!

Since the font isn't green it isn't sarcasm therefore I agree with you.  

11 hours ago, cannondale said:

When falling down a Wonderlic black hole while researching Pettine safeties, I stumbled across Janis' Wonderlic. He scored a 30 ! How the hell can you score a 30 but can't run routes ? That whole situation makes no sense

Book smart but not football smart?

Archived