2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

C'mon, Kansas City.  Do what you do.  Change your mind, send Peters to us for the higher pick in the same round as you would have gotten from the Rams.  Then change your mind on Alex Smith and trade him to New York Jets instead so that the AFC doesn't lose one of its best quarterbacks (which isn't saying much). 

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

Rap sheet doesn’t list packers as in on the trade, gutey sits on his hands like TT ;)

I know you're joking, but it really isn't going to be long before this starts to happen.  There's so much more that goes into roster moves than people here or fans across the country seem to think.  For a team to pull a trade like this, they're going to make damn sure that the player they're trading for wants to sign for more than just a year, or at least that they would consider it.  Regardless of what anybody says, and in spite of the fact that maybe one player has openly stated he wanted to sign with us, players do not want to play in Green Bay. 

You're talking about a 25-year-old kid with millions of dollars and you expect him to choose Green Bay, Wisconsin over Miami/Jacksonville, Florida, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Houston...? 

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

I don't want to poke the bear but Jakuvious was pretty adamant against me when I even mentioned Peters being traded as a rumor lol

Don't just poke.

poke-the-bear-you-get-the-hulk.gif

In the NFL, where there's smoke, there's fire.  There was a lot of smoke.  The reports, the incident, trading Smith for a corner...

47 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I know you're joking, but it really isn't going to be long before this starts to happen.  There's so much more that goes into roster moves than people here or fans across the country seem to think.  For a team to pull a trade like this, they're going to make damn sure that the player they're trading for wants to sign for more than just a year, or at least that they would consider it.  Regardless of what anybody says, and in spite of the fact that maybe one player has openly stated he wanted to sign with us, players do not want to play in Green Bay. 

You're talking about a 25-year-old kid with millions of dollars and you expect him to choose Green Bay, Wisconsin over Miami/Jacksonville, Florida, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Houston...? 

except that they could have him for 3 years 30 million by using his 5th year option and a franchise tag.

It isn't his choice where he plays; it's KC's choice.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

except that they could have him for 3 years 30 million by using his 5th year option and a franchise tag.

It isn't his choice where he plays; it's KC's choice.

The dude just got suspended for a game by getting into an argument with a head coach and you don't think a GM/coach is going to do their due diligence to see if the player wants to play for them at all, much less into the future? 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

The dude just got suspended for a game by getting into an argument with a head coach and you don't think a GM/coach is going to do their due diligence to see if the player wants to play for them at all, much less into the future? 

I get that, but read the comments from the chiefs guy in this thread for a discussion on what went down, and you were talking about wanting to sign here for more than a year.

The very very unique thing about this trade is it's a very young player who has already proven himself an NFL star, who is NOT in the last year of his deal.  Young stars in the last year of their deal get moved all the time.  This is a very different situation. 

I guess Brandin Cooks got traded in a similar situation last year to NE, but Peters is way above where Cooks was in terms of raw value.

Archived