2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, Leader said:

No, no....I'm not ragging on him. Mentioned a day or so ago - somewhere around here - that while a good NFL WR (and thats a rare breed) he lacked separation speed. Outside that blurb (which I readily admit is not much) I dont know much else about his game i.e. route running, catching skills.....and such.

I just remember he was pretty highly rated coming out of college. Wasn't he in the same draft class as Moncrief and Adams?

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I just remember he was pretty highly rated coming out of college. Wasn't he in the same draft class as Moncrief and Adams?

Couldnt say. I do think he was Philly's #1 WR at the time. Dont know much about him honestly.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

What's his 40 time? GB needs skilled receivers with speed.

I think he was a sub 4.5 guy out of college, but he lacks the explosiveness to separate. He's been used in the slot mainly. Not that he couldn't change, but for what he's done in the league I think GB has plenty of already. They're in dire need of someone to separate and stretch the field. 

Just now, Kepler said:

I think he was a sub 4.5 guy out of college, but he lacks the explosiveness to separate. He's been used in the slot mainly. Not that he couldn't change, but for what he's done in the league I think GB has plenty of already. They're in dire need of someone to separate and stretch the field. 

You can look that stuff up. 4.46

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jordan-matthews?id=2543500

Anyway, I want a 2nd round WR. Get young, talented, and cheaper there.

10 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Signing someone like Breeland ( if healthy enough to play) could reaaaaaly open things up in the draft.

That goes without saying.  But we're also not necessarily in a position where we have to go CB in the 1st round.

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

I didn't mention the 1st round, and wasn't referring to it, so apparently it doesn't go without saying. :D

Even if we sign another veteran CB, I still think we're going to take a CB on Day 1 or Day 2.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Even if we sign another veteran CB, I still think we're going to take a CB on Day 1 or Day 2.

I do too. But if you had Tramon and Breeland or someone like it, you could now wait until the 3rd or trade up after you got a EDGE/TE/WR, BPA ect in round 1 or 2.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Why? Don't we need somebody who can take the top off a defense?

Because if I have to explain one more time that a 40 yard dash has very little do with ability to threaten deep, I might lose it.  And I'm trying not to come off sounding like an arse about this.  Look at the average 40 times for the Packers' WRs over the past few years.  We've gotten really good production despite pedestrian 40 yard dash.  I'll take an elite route runner who runs a 4.5 over a mediocre route runner who runs a 4.3 40.

Archived