2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

honestly people like kirk cousins who lives in his parents basement in the offseason and drives a beater is more cringey to me than hawkins enjoying his money a bit (who's definitely leasing). 

cousins' moves are solid for the average joe, but when youre a millionaire how many times over, it's like come on.

there's room to save/invest and have fun. live a little. 

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're not relegating Kevin King to be our 4th CB.

What? If we bring in another QB are we relegating Rodgers to be our 4th QB?

Kevin King is our #1 CB no matter who we bring in at this point. Outside a crazy trade for one of the league's best.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What? If we bring in another QB are we relegating Rodgers to be our 4th QB?

Kevin King is our #1 CB no matter who we bring in at this point. Outside a crazy trade for one of the league's best.

No.  Comparing Kevin King to Aaron Rodgers is laughable at best.  I really don't know what you're getting at with your analogy.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

No.  Comparing Kevin King to Aaron Rodgers is laughable at best.  I really don't know what you're getting at with your analogy.

Kevin King is our #1 CB. Why on earth would we bench him for Tramon, House and a rookie? He's our #1 CB over Breeland, DRC, basically anyone available at this point. 

Only way that changes is if we see a deal for a premier CB. 

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're not relegating Kevin King to be our 4th CB.

This is why I want one more FA, preferably a soon to be healthy Breeland or DRC. Call King your No. 1 CB (which is kinda scary but oh well). Ideally, Tramon would be your 3 guy and top backup on the boundary if an injury happens. Ideally, a 2nd or 3rd round pick is your 4 guy at least at first and maybe if you hit a rookie gem he pushes for a larger role early on, etc. Then back fill the 5 and 6 spots with the guys left on the roster. 

We still need that No. 2 guy. Hopefully that isnt Davon House. Hopefully it's a Breeland or DRC. Worst case scenario, you bring back House to be your 3 guy and Tramon starts off as your 2. If that's the case, I'm looking for a CB in rd 2 at the latest. 

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kevin King is our #1 CB. Why on earth would we bench him for Tramon, House and a rookie? He's our #1 CB over Breeland, DRC, basically anyone available at this point. 

Only way that changes is if we see a deal for a premier CB. 

Has anyone really put themselves as the clear #1 CB?  No.

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is why I want one more FA, preferably a soon to be healthy Breeland or DRC. Call King your No. 1 CB (which is kinda scary but oh well). Ideally, Tramon would be your 3 guy and top backup on the boundary if an injury happens. Ideally, a 2nd or 3rd round pick is your 4 guy at least at first and maybe if you hit a rookie gem he pushes for a larger role early on, etc. Then back fill the 5 and 6 spots with the guys left on the roster. 

We still need that No. 2 guy. Hopefully that isnt Davon House. Hopefully it's a Breeland or DRC. Worst case scenario, you bring back House to be your 3 guy and Tramon starts off as your 2. If that's the case, I'm looking for a CB in rd 2 at the latest. 

We didn't just pay Tramon Williams $10M over 2 years to be a backup.  He'll be one of the starting CBs, you can pencil that in right now.

Just now, IrishGreen said:

honestly people like kirk cousins who lives in his parents basement in the offseason and drives a beater is more cringey to me than hawkins enjoying his money a bit (who's definitely leasing). 

cousins' moves are solid for the average joe, but when youre a millionaire how many times over, it's like come on.

there's room to save/invest and have fun. live a little. 

I'd rather live a little and be able to stop working at 50 than live a lot less and have to work until i'm 65.  I'm lucky though.  I don't like cars or anything expensive and I like to drink alone and the only thing I spend my money on is sustenance, shelter and movie stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You are the only person on any of the Packers boards this off-season suggest that King isn't #1. So it's pretty clear cut to me.

So you're telling me, that you're comfortable with him lining up across from the opposing team's #1 WR all next year?

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Versus Tramon, House, Rollins and a draft pick? Damn right. That's what we used our first pick on him for.

How much of that is based on hope?  Right now, that list consists of a bunch of #2s nobody of which has really created any real separation.

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We didn't just pay Tramon Williams $10M over 2 years to be a backup.  He'll be one of the starting CBs, you can pencil that in right now.

These days a No. 3 CB is a starter. Plus we don't know how much we paid Tramon. Could be a 1-year deal type of structure. 

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So you're telling me, that you're comfortable with him lining up across from the opposing team's #1 WR all next year?

That is what essentially happened in 2017.

Randall is gone and House is a FA currently.

If GB is expecting Tramon Williams to be a #1 CB, I am not sure the thinking behind that.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

These days a No. 3 CB is a starter. Plus we don't know how much we paid Tramon. Could be a 1-year deal type of structure. 

Even if it's a 1 year structure, I'd bet that Tramon Williams will be one of the starting CBs.  The only way he's relegated to your 3rd corner is if your young corners are balling out.

Archived