2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd pull the trigger, have him have a 300 yard receiving game with Rodgers, then trade him to another team for a higher pick.  I can't stand Beckham.  You look at his face and you can see entitlement dripping out of his nose. 

He's certainly eccentric....but he's also one of the top WRs in the NFL.

For a fourth? I'll take the TDs and yardage and put up with eccentric.

In a heart beat.

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd pull the trigger, have him have a 300 yard receiving game with Rodgers, then trade him to another team for a higher pick.  I can't stand Beckham.  You look at his face and you can see entitlement dripping out of his nose. 

Judging by his recent video, I don't think that's entitlement coming out of his nose.

The guy is a headcase.  Toxic.  Pass want no part of him.  Wanting to be the highest paid WR?  Really?  Good luck with that.  Even if you trade for him a contract would have to be worked out.  Otherwise he'll sit out.  Giants are in a real pickle here.  How do you even trade for a guy like that?  Bad enough the video surfaced but then to make outrageous salary demands right after?  Ughhh...He'll miss the first part of the season pouting in front of his TV.  Then the realization will strike oh I have bills to pay.  What an idiot...

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is this a real thing? I thought it was just made up for discussion purposes.

Mara made some comments the other day saying basically nobody is irreplaceable, then Beckham said the day after he isn't taking the field again until he gets a new contract. Then reports everywhere that the Giants would perhaps listen to offers for him.

The Mara/Beckham thing has been running for a while, this was from last year:

Beckham turned some heads Thursday when a video posted to UNINTERRUPTED showed him saying: “I believe that I will be hopefully not just the highest-paid receiver in the league, but the highest paid, period.”

Mara said he appreciated Beckham’s goal to be the highest-paid player but couldn’t think of a realistic scenario in which he would reach that.

The quarterback is always going to be the highest-paid player,” Mara said.

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/giants/2017/07/28/giants-owner-john-mara-odell-beckham-were-going-pay-him-contract-new-york/521642001/

Just now, Scoremore said:

He needs a healthy serving of humble pie.  Wonder if the league will investigate the video.  He could be suspended if drugs are found in his system.  Total fool...

Eeezzzzzy-peezzzzzy. Tell the league the white stuff lined up was extra cheese for the pizza  :)

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is this a real thing? I thought it was just made up for discussion purposes.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.  OBJ is not even worth a 4th rounder at this point.  A headcase who wants to be the highest paid player in the league who just got caught on video smoking a joint and doing blow.  He is TOXIC.  Troubles ahead for him...

ODB and Rodgers would break the league. If we tried to pay Robinson $14 million, I think we can afford a few extra for him. I am sure all of you guys talking about how bad of a guy he is were on board with trading for Moss, who has actually been arrested.

Who doesn't want to be the highest paid at their job? I mean c'mon guys...

Sure it would be great to pair Rodgers with OBJ.  Couple of problems.  First a possible suspension is coming down the line for him.  Second even if he doesn't get suspended his contract demands are ridiculous.  So good luck trying to negotiate with him.  Not talking a couple of million this kid wants much more than that.  The fact that he came out saying he wants to be the highest paid player after getting caught smoking dope and doing blow tells me he is completely ignorant.  You really want to pay 20+ mil/yr for him?  In light of the video and his statements leads me to believe either he'll be suspended or sit out for a good portion of next season.  

Archived