UPDATE: Reich & Colts AGREE TO TERMS, will be Colts HC

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Weak. 

Good luck to Frank. I don't like losing both guys but I imagine Duce is up for the promotion now. Hope we hire some bright, young minds to replace these guys. Need to keep this thing on dynasty potential. 

will be really interesting to see if they give Duce the job, which does have a certain level of risk to it or get a vet.

2 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Sucks to lose Flip and Reich in the same offseason

This. 

Thank you Frank and John for all you’ve done in year 2 for Carson’s development. As mentioned already, I expect to have Duce to at the very least get interviewed for the OC position. He’s had the same position through 3 different HC’s.

We should be ok though, Doug calls most plays. We have to just trust the organization will again come through with another great hire.

3 minutes ago, stallyns said:

Colts hired a D Coor already, Matt Eberflus from Dallas and a DL coach. Those are two you don’t have to worry about

ah yea forgot about the wonky situation there

Good luck with Frank, was a great guy and good coach for us

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

jim caldwell is an awful head coach but wouldn't be a bad OC choice. 

yea he'll never get another HC job if anything cause he's 63 and they don't hire head coaches that old typically but especially in this hiring environment.

But yea he'd be a great guy to add to the room where he can stay in his lane as a OC/positional coach

I think the pitch for Duce is he would take over the redzone stuff that Flip did, get more responsibilities..even though he wouldn't get a promotion if they hired Caldwell as OC
But I think he could also not be above taking the QB coach job if they weren't ready to promote Press.

4 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

What makes everyone think that Duce can be a OC?? I’m opposed to it. 

I think for most it's A) He's the most senior guy left and internal hires usually are better to not upset things
B) how much people love him

But I agree it shouldn't be a default and obvious choice.
We have an incredible window here...and hiring a guy who's never had that level of responsibility and has honestly had a mixed bag at RB as far as developing guys could hurt it..at least while he gets into it.

But I think he can do it, but that doesn't mean it's the best decision necessarily yea

Just now, Kiltman said:

I think for most it's A) He's the most senior guy left and internal hires usually are better to not upset things
B) how much people love him

But I agree it shouldn't be a default and obvious choice.
We have an incredible window here...and hiring a guy who's never had that level of responsibility and has honestly had a mixed bag at RB as far as developing guys could hurt it..at least while he gets into it.

But I think he can do it, but that doesn't mean it's the best decision necessarily yea

He has done great with running backs but coaching Rb's how to be patient, pick up blocks,  run through lanes is not the same as play designing. I think if he was talented like that he would've been promoted long ago. He's been on the staff for years.

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

He has done great with running backs but coaching Rb's how to be patient, pick up blocks,  run through lanes is not the same as play designing. I think if he was talented like that he would've been promoted long ago. He's been on the staff for years.

yea he's done well...could be a little better squeezing out talent...but one of the better RB coaches for sure.

Eh the timing didn't really match up all that well for a promotion. And he hasn't been coaching all that long...so I wouldn't hold that against him

Archived