BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

at the very least limiting his scoring

No I assumed he'd throw 4-5 TD's every week.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Advantage Watts clearly

Watt won't win you games in BDL, Mahomes will. I tried telling you that. Advantage, any good QB forever.

32 minutes ago, Jlash said:

No I assumed he'd throw 4-5 TD's every week.

Watt won't win you games in BDL, Mahomes will. I tried telling you that. Advantage, any good QB forever.

So the only position that matters in bdl is qb...thats stupid.

Whats yhe point in game planning if you favor qb over everything else.

I hope the rest of you guys dont see it that way.

On 9/24/2018 at 4:58 PM, ny92mike said:

Long Beach Leprechauns @ Cuba Smugglers

Jesus Christ the one week that Cuba starts Kirk Cousins, he lays an egg and Watson passes for nearly 400 yards granted that was against a Giants defense that I know all too well.

Cuba brings a powerful defensive front and while I’m not as impressed with their linebacker or cornerbacks, I do believe that they come in with a solid game plan to limit Rogers and quite possibly get some sacks when it’s all said and done.  On the flip side and as much as it pains me, it’s the lack of depth at running back that I believe allows Long Beach to focus their attention on the passing game.

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Never forget.

32 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

QB in BDL like in the NFL is overrated but without a good QB or good QB play you're usually just stuck trying to drive forward in quick sand.

It's obviously not the only position that matters but if you have a great one like I do, it masks a lot of issues.

15 minutes ago, MD4L said:
On 9/24/2018 at 3:58 PM, ny92mike said:

Long Beach Leprechauns @ Cuba Smugglers

Jesus Christ the one week that Cuba starts Kirk Cousins, he lays an egg and Watson passes for nearly 400 yards granted that was against a Giants defense that I know all too well.

Cuba brings a powerful defensive front and while I’m not as impressed with their linebacker or cornerbacks, I do believe that they come in with a solid game plan to limit Rogers and quite possibly get some sacks when it’s all said and done.  On the flip side and as much as it pains me, it’s the lack of depth at running back that I believe allows Long Beach to focus their attention on the passing game.

32 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Never forget.

What are you attempting to say?  

38 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I don't see it that way, but I've seen enough of BDL to know this. Hell, recently someone just said "Camden has the perfect game plan, but I can't vote for Alex Smith". See what I'm saying?

For example:

Oh man Camden's gameplan is perfect.....I still can't see Alex Smith doing enough to the job done but this is really really close. Hawaii 23-20

Going Long Beach. I dont trust Smith even with those weapons.

See? I've seen it plenty. Even with the "perfect" game plan for an opponent, lots of people here won't vote for a team without a 'star' QB. No matter how good the weapons or game plan. 

12 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

What are you attempting to say?  

You will clearly factor QB (and perhaps heavily) into your decision making. So you’re just like most of the individuals here when not evaluating your own team and apparently Patrick Mahomes.

Edited by MD4L

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Just run the spread dude. Unstoppable.

Or the vaunted 2 RB backfield, because that other RB can't be stopped in the passing game. Especially Royce Freeman, who is such an incredible receiver. 

Just now, MD4L said:

You will clearly factor QB (and perhaps heavily) into you’re decision making. So you’re just like most of the individuals here.

That's what I thought you were saying.

You pulled two quotes of me saying you were starting the wrong qb and that a powerful defensive front, even though I'm not impressed with the linebackers or cornerbacks, that it was enough to limit Rogers and get some sacks. 

How does this have me saying that QB is the end all be all to game planning?