BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

5 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Eh. You have a vertical offense but it doesn't really stop him from coming up short in big matches. He's the king of garbage time stats. What does Kirk do much better than Andy Dalton then? 

You making the final 4 is more about how good the team you built was than Cousins.

We couldn’t replicate the same level of success with Andy Dalton. Plain and simple.

37 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Is Cousins really valuable in the BDL? He beats up on crap teams in the NFL and comes up short against good teams, where for NFL purposes every BDL team would be a good D. Truth be told he's not a great deal better than Alex Smith, who Jlash already has. 

His record against teams above .500 is horrendous. Something like 5-25.

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

No need to read the write-up for Louisiana @ Rome this week guys. Just watch Steelers-Saints. 

Michael Thomas scores the game winning touchdown.

Juju Smith-Schuster has the game losing fumble.

Lol you're really getting desperate now 

22 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'd have to get stats and info to look it up, but I'd think quite a bit better than Cousins.

Team # of Games Against Over 500 Teams # of Wins Against Over 500 teams Percentage
NO 6 5 83%
CHI 4 3 75%
NE 7 5 71%
LAR 8 5 63%
LAC 7 4 57%
TEN 8 4 50%
IND 6 3 50%
BAL 6 3 50%
CAR 6 3 50%
HOU 7 3 43%
KC 7 3 43%
DAL 7 3 43%
MIA 7 3 43%
SEA 7 3 43%
PHI 8 3 38%
DEN 8 3 38%
PIT 6 2 33%
TB 7 2 29%
CLE 7 2 29%
GB 7 2 29%
CIN 7 2 29%
NYG 8 2 25%
BUF 9 2 22%
JAX 10 2 20%
MIN 6 1 17%
NYJ 6 1 17%
SF 7 1 14%
WSH 7 1 14%
OAK 8 1 13%
DET 8 1 13%
ARI 7 0 0%
ATL 6 0 0%

Edit:  First showing was including 500 teams, this one is over 500, sorry about that.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Rivers has 4 playoff victories in 13 NFL seasons. The sample size this year is nice but not outwardly better than what Cousins can do. 

keep moving the goal post...haha.

I think Cousins is a solid football player but Rivers lands near the top for me.

Just now, MD4L said:

4.9 YPA, 0 TD/2 INTs in arguably their biggest game of the year. 

You asked what his record was against teams over 500.

7 teams they played against with records over 500 and he and his team won 4 of those.  Ranking LAC 5th.  

I didn't watch that game so I can't comment on what happened in that game, but I'd still take Rivers over Cousins any day of the week and you would too.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

You asked what his record was against teams over 500.

7 teams they played against with records over 500 and he and his team won 4 of those.  Ranking LAC 5th.  

I didn't watch that game so I can't comment on what happened in that game, but I'd still take Rivers over Cousins any day of the week and you would too.

Sure. He was my original BDL QB. Still Rivers is near or top 5, and Cousins is near or top 10. There’s a difference but the biggest difference will usually be the supporting cast.