Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

now after these trades, who do you think they target at QB in the draft.

For some reason, I feel like their QB of choice might be Baker. I feel like Tygod and Baker could be used very similarly. So it could lead to a seamless transition from one QB to the next

I agree. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

To me baker or to a lesser extent Rosen are not guys you draft to let them wait a couple of years. 

If you draft Allen he is sitting two years darnold the same.

Probably. But Tyrod is on a one year deal, and Dorsey was there when they drafted Rogers. He might be of the "you always sit them a year if you can" mentality.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I agree. 

I honestly think it is Josh Allen. I feel like the first thing Dorsey looks at and his ultimate tie breaker is supreme physical talent. Look at his picks and successes in Kansas City. Eric Fisher for his early struggles was a freakish athlete. Marcus Peters is a head case who got kicked off his team and Dorsey still took him in the 18th overall. Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and even his QB pick Patrick Mahomes.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

To me baker or to a lesser extent Rosen are not guys you draft to let them wait a couple of years. 

Tygod is on a one year deal. I think the only way he gets brought back is if he plays amazing. Give Baker the year to sit and learn and then he comes out. I also dont think it would be set in stone. If Baker comes in and does a Rusell Wilson, he could win the job.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

But as of now, we only have him for one year. 

2 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I honestly think it is Josh Allen. I feel like the first thing Dorsey looks at and his ultimate tie breaker is supreme physical talent. Look at his picks and successes in Kansas City. Eric Fisher for his early struggles was a freakish athlete. Marcus Peters is a head case who got kicked off his team and Dorsey still took him in the 18th overall. Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and even his QB pick Patrick Mahomes.

Sure, but Mahomes had a ton going for him outside of the physical ability. I could see it if it was a tough choice outside of those aspects and that was the tie breaker, but I just don't see it as such.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Fisher draft was a horrible draft. He was just one of the safest picks.

Mahomes and Kelce were talented but were damn good in college. All the QBs are pretty physically talented. Allen has an amazing arm but he doesnt have amazing arm talent. Mahomes did IMO. IMO Darnold, Rosen, and Bake have better arm talent than Allen 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Fisher draft was a horrible draft. He was just one of the safest picks.

Mahomes and Kelce were talented but were damn good in college. All the QBs are pretty physically talented. Allen has an amazing arm but he doesnt have amazing arm talent. Mahomes did IMO. IMO Darnold, Rosen, and Bake have better arm talent than Allen 

Exactly 

it’s gotta still be Darnold. He can wait a year and be ready 

can you believe we’ll actually be able to sit a QB for a year wow 

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Sure, but Mahomes had a ton going for him outside of the physical ability. I could see it if it was a tough choice outside of those aspects and that was the tie breaker, but I just don't see it as such.

I don't see it in Josh Allen. Don't get confused here. I am very anti Josh Allen. I am simply saying what I think John Dorsey is going to see and how he picks his QB.

I think I have finally broken my tie at the top for QB and I think I'm going with Baker Mayfield at #1 over Sam Darnold simply because Sam seriously looks like he is swimming up stream in almost everything he does. He looks like he is working 10 times harder to get similar results as the other guys. And now too many rumors about how he bombed the chalk talk. Where there is smoke there is fire. I still like him but he is going to have to settle for #2 on my QB board.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Exactly 

it’s gotta still be Darnold. He can wait a year and be ready 

can you believe we’ll actually be able to sit a QB for a year wow 

I would really be happy with Darnold, Rosen, and Baker.

Lamar Jackson is starting to really interest me. I think he might have the 2nd best mechanics in the draft behind Rosen and the 3rd best I think is Baker 

Archived