Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

7.5 sacks in 4 years is not a “spark”

Top 5 pass rushing teams in 2017 and 2016

1. Pittsburgh         7.0 #2 was an ILB #3 Edge 3.0 !!!!!!
2. Jacksonville        8.0 DT #3 EDGE was also 8.0 and that giving Campbell credit as EDGE
3. Carolina                 7.5 DT #3 EDGE 5.5 who was a 27 YO DE who had never broke 3.0 before
4. Los AngelesR        5.5 #1 was an ILB #3 Edge 5.0
5. Los AngelesC        5.0 by a guy who had never recorded more than 1 sack in his previous 4 years.

1. Arizona        8.0 #3 Edge 3.5
2. Carolina        5.0 #3 Edge 4.0
3. Denver        5.5 #3 Edge 4.0
4. Seattle        5.0
5. Minnesota        7.5

#3 Sack man for the best pass rushing teams in the NFL average is 6.4 Sacks

#3 Edge sack man for best pass rushing teams in the NFL averege is 5.05

Again God forbid we didn't sign Reggie White.

Jordy Nelson was one of my favorite players to watch film on out of college.

Unfortunately, he has no juice left....he's running in snow shoes every down.

It's crazy to see players become shells of themselves due to lower body and groin injuries..it really sucks to see the explosion and quickness taken from players with elite technician skill.

Most that say kick the tires are just going off the strength of the name and not the actual strength of his game anymore.

Man...the crazy thing for me is...if we are willing to make Trumaine Johnson a top 4 CB at 28 years old (not just his age but he is visibly slowing down on film)with vastly declining athleticism off a 4.7 initial starting type of athleticism, Why not just pay 3 million more a year and make Kyle Fuller the highest paid CB in the league at 25 years old.

The Bears wouldn't match that contract, and we'd have a top CB for at least 3 years.

It would be overpaying, but I'd rather pay 15 million a year on a young impact player for 3 years than 12-13 million a year for 1 to maybe 2 years of declining productivity and gnarly cap hit in the 3rd year after he is cut..

As I respect your analysis Mind....I think his presence, pure understanding of defenses, decision making, leadership and ability to find the soft spots make him a great asset. Like I said.....allow Gordon to be the Playmaker. Allow Nelson to be a trustworthy viable option opposite of Gordon while Landry destroys in the Slot. Just my opinion tho. 

1 minute ago, dawgpound1816 said:

As I respect your analysis Mind....I think his presence, pure understanding of defenses, decision making, leadership and ability to find the soft spots make him a great asset. Like I said.....allow Gordon to be the Playmaker. Allow Nelson to be a trustworthy viable option opposite of Gordon while Landry destroys in the Slot. Just my opinion tho. 

I could definitely be wrong as maybe the time of rest will rejuvenate his lower body and he'll get some juice back.

I'd love to still believe in Jordy man as I said he was one of my favorite players (gritty, explosive, hands, great blocker, advanced route game), but I'm telling you man he just doesn't have it anymore, especially when you have to consider the question: Where do you play him?

You can't line him up in the slot where he's probably best to do what you'd say "settle in to soft spots in zones" as that's the LAndry's entire game in the slot.

On the Boundary, you need some speed to at least threaten the defense vertically or teams will start to sit on routes and shrink the box. Jordy doesn't really have the quickness to beat press either anymore which was one of his strongest qualities.

Now, I'd take a flyer on him as a prove it deal as you're right his leadership and understanding of defense could go a long way toward helping develop Corey Coleman, but he'd be more of a situational number 3/4.

He'll serve that role well on he Patriots next year as an underneath possession receiver and he'll probably make Kenny Britt expendable.

With Njoku and Landry settling into Zones and Njoku working combinations to go vertical with Landry, we don't need a possession WR on the outside we need a vertical speed threat to space the field and allow us to have ideal 1 on 1s in space.

22 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Jordy Nelson was one of my favorite players to watch film on out of college.

Unfortunately, he has no juice left....he's running in snow shoes every down.

It's crazy to see players become shells of themselves due to lower body and groin injuries..it really sucks to see the explosion and quickness taken from players with elite technician skill.

Most that say kick the tires are just going off the strength of the name and not the actual strength of his game anymore.

Facts, I noticed that when we played them. He looked horrible running reputes, GB wouldn't dare get rid of him if he had anything left.

12mil per and 30 GTD for Malcolm Butler means nonsense like 14mil per and 37 GTD for Trumaine Johnson....we're about to pay him like Patrick Peterson....would've loved Breeland at 8mil per if his contract numbers are true.

Again....why not just get wild and give Kyle Fuller 16mil per year and have a corner piece for years to come instead of Trumaine at 14mil... crazy thing is if we get in a bidding war we might pay Trumaine that 16 mil per...lol.

I don't care about spending billionaires' money but at some point especially with a player who's athleticism is declining it's just not a good deal for the longterm health of the team nor is it good for the near future health in 3 years.

Archived