Norman Trade

LoganF89

Keep seeing things float around about a Josh Norman Potential trade. Rumors that patriots would be interested, I’m actually warming up to this idea, if we can get at least a 3rd round and then a conditional pick I think we should do it

I know breeland is a FA and we traded Fuller so we would be thin at the position but I can see us signing an under the radar FA to start at corner while Moreau and dunny battle for the 2nd starting spot, I can also see us going corner in round 1 as well, the money we save from Norman helps sign brown and allows us to look at other FA or save for next year

Logan, I just don’t understand why you would trade our best player on defense. We just let our best player on the team leave and instead of rebuilding we signed his great grandfather to be our QB. 

I could see and have advocated for several years we need a Philly 76er/Cleveland Browns style tanking and get rid of Allen and Gruden, but we have kept them and signed an old QB. They are going all in for a wild card spot in 18 ( as that’s our ceiling) so Allen and Gruden keep their jobs 

35 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Logan, I just don’t understand why you would trade our best player on defense. We just let our best player on the team leave and instead of rebuilding we signed his great grandfather to be our QB. 

I could see and have advocated for several years we need a Philly 76er/Cleveland Browns style tanking and get rid of Allen and Gruden, but we have kept them and signed an old QB. They are going all in for a wild card spot in 18 ( as that’s our ceiling) so Allen and Gruden keep their jobs 

Yup, I’d be down if we’d decided to go with Colt McCoy and just completely started over. Instead we’ve chosen to live in 7-9 limbo land, so may as well keep him

9 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Yup, I’d be down if we’d decided to go with Colt McCoy and just completely started over. Instead we’ve chosen to live in 7-9 limbo land, so may as well keep him

Alex Smith’s win/loss record as a starter is .573 and that’s including his first few years in San Fran when the team was awful. That’s good for 10th overall amongst active NFL QBs. He hasn’t had a losing season as a starter since 2010.

Unless something drastic happens, I doubt we go 7-9 again.

Would absolutely do it. Not only would we get a decent pick, but we would free up a ton of cap space to spend in FA. It’s better to get rid of a guy a year early than a year late.

Washington will never truly rebuild under the Snyder/Allen regime. 

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Alex Smith’s win/loss record as a starter is .573 and that’s including his first few years in San Fran when the team was awful. That’s good for 10th overall amongst active NFL QBs. He hasn’t had a losing season as a starter since 2010.

Unless something drastic happens, I doubt we go 7-9 again.

He was 38-36-1 in SF and this team is far closer to the ones he started with than the one he got benched on.

Win/loss is a hollow measurement for a QB considering they don't touch one side of the game and are completely dependent on their teammates on their own side.

8 hours ago, Slateman said:

He was 38-36-1 in SF and this team is far closer to the ones he started with than the one he got benched on.

Win/loss is a hollow measurement for a QB considering they don't touch one side of the game and are completely dependent on their teammates on their own side.

You might want to look at how horrible the 49ers were when he first got there, he was the #1 pick overall. 

He hasn’t had a losing season this decade. I know the stat is a team stat, but the bottom line is Smith is a winner. At worst, he doesn’t throw red zone ints, pick 6s and fumble a lot which means he doesn’t lose his team games. In the week 5 match up vs tge Chiefs last year, Smith and tge Chiefs offense held on to the ball almost the entire second half because he didn’t make any mistakes.

18 hours ago, Slateman said:

He got benched because kap was Harbough guy. And when smith was out Kap had three pretty solid games . He traded smith for multiple picks ,which is what a smart GM do.

what did you expect Harbough to do?. He had a younger more upside Kap at the helm with less money .

Before smith injury he had won NFC player of the week . Just cause he got benched for a more talented player doesn't mean he sucks . Peyton manning got benched for Oswiler but we both know that was the wrong move .

tired of people brining up that smith got benched . Guess people forgotten that Kap was actually a pretty good protect qb that was doing well for the 49ers before Harbough left .

Smith, had he started all year was on pace for some pretty good stats . If he's such a crappy player why are people trying trade for him. 

Smith didn’t even technically get benched in San Fran. He got a concussion, Kap took over and played well. When that happened Harbaugh  decided to roll with the hot hand, the young guy that was Harbaugh’s pick at qb and what they thought was the long term answer at qb in San Fran.

https://www.si.com/specials/greatest-sports-what-ifs/nfl/2017/alex-smith-jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-quarterback

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You might want to look at how horrible the 49ers were when he first got there, he was the #1 pick overall. 

He hasn’t had a losing season this decade. I know the stat is a team stat, but the bottom line is Smith is a winner. At worst, he doesn’t throw red zone ints, pick 6s and fumble a lot which means he doesn’t lose his team games. In the week 5 match up vs tge Chiefs last year, Smith and tge Chiefs offense held on to the ball almost the entire second half because he didn’t make any mistakes.

Yes, because he's had a good coach and a team built up around him. He'll have neither here.

Archived