Some interesting, maybe less discussed prospects...

mwalker

There are some interesting ones, as usual. For those of us who study a bit too much,

I'm sure not all of these are 'less well known' but just thought it'd be interesting to name a few.

LB G. Avery, 6'1 255 - Memphis LB who many say will outrun a lot of DBs even at this rocked up size.

LB J.Igyiebuniwe, 6'1 230 - W.Kentucky LB who is apparently quite the tackling machine. 

LB D.Leonard, 6'3 230 - SC State LB isn't unknown anymore. Probably cheating putting him on here.

DE/FB M.Martin, 6'3 245 - Slippery Rock DE lis the all time sacks leader

CB J.C. Jackson, 6'1 193 - From Maryland, he's no small school guy, but I don't hear a lot of buzz. Could be special.

CB H.Hill, 6'2 205 - OK. He's not unknown at all, starring at Texas, but since he was suspended he's not talked about as much. 

Who else you got?

Im very high on J.C Jackson's ability, especially with his size. Teams will have to do a lot of digging on him as he was involved in two serious incidents that lead to his transfer from Florida to Maryland. 

He was involved in a shooting at a apartment complex where he and another friend were grazed with bullets while a third was shot in the face.

As I understand 4 months later the more serious issue arose. He was arrested and charged for home invasion and robbery with a weapon. Apparently he and two others went to a "friends" house. Jackson left but the two others stayed and robbed the person  by gunpoint of 2 game consoles and $400. I dont have all the details but thats what I did read. He was held on$150,000 bail. Much later he was finally found not guilty. 

Im hoping for his sake that the move to Maryland helped him get away from much of that. He is very talented , teams will be asking a lot of questions cause at the moment hes a 2nd-3rd rounder at worst based on talent. I expect to have an even higher grade on him the more games I get in on him. But the questions will tamp that down a bit.

2 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Im very high on J.C Jackson's ability, especially with his size. Teams will have to do a lot of digging on him as he was involved in two serious incidents that lead to his transfer from Florida to Maryland. 

He was involved in a shooting at a apartment complex where he and another friend were grazed with bullets while a third was shot in the face.

As I understand 4 months later the more serious issue arose. He was arrested and charged for home invasion and robbery with a weapon. Apparently he and two others went to a "friends" house. Jackson left but the two others stayed and robbed the person  by gunpoint of 2 game consoles and $400. I dont have all the details but thats what I did read. He was held on$150,000 bail. Much later he was finally found not guilty. 

Im hoping for his sake that the move to Maryland helped him get away from much of that. He is very talented , teams will be asking a lot of questions cause at the moment hes a 2nd-3rd rounder at worst based on talent. I expect to have an even higher grade on him the more games I get in on him. But the questions will tamp that down a bit.

Thanks for that info. I had no idea.

I didn't either until two days ago. 

As for a player that seems to be under the radar quite a bit or hardly mentioned by Steelers fans. 6'2 196 lb cornerback/safety Kameron Kelly from San Diego State. Mount West Conference 1st team All Conference his senior year after moving over from Safety the previous three seasons. Ballhawking corner/ that gets great position. Has a very good backpedal, is a good tackler and a great blitzer. 

3 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

As for a player that seems to be under the radar quite a bit or hardly mentioned by Steelers fans. 6'2 196 lb cornerback/safety Kameron Kelly from San Diego State. Mount West Conference 1st team All Conference his senior year after moving over from Safety the previous three seasons. Ballhawking corner/ that gets great position. Has a very good backpedal, is a good tackler and a great blitzer. 

I cooled off on him after watching him give up 3 long touchdowns almost uncontested.

3 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I like K.Kelly, but prefer him as a FS.

22 hours ago, mwalker said:

There are some interesting ones, as usual. For those of us who study a bit too much,

I'm sure not all of these are 'less well known' but just thought it'd be interesting to name a few.

LB G. Avery, 6'1 255 - Memphis LB who many say will outrun a lot of DBs even at this rocked up size.

LB J.Igyiebuniwe, 6'1 230 - W.Kentucky LB who is apparently quite the tackling machine. 

LB D.Leonard, 6'3 230 - SC State LB isn't unknown anymore. Probably cheating putting him on here.

DE/FB M.Martin, 6'3 245 - Slippery Rock DE lis the all time sacks leader

CB J.C. Jackson, 6'1 193 - From Maryland, he's no small school guy, but I don't hear a lot of buzz. Could be special.

CB H.Hill, 6'2 205 - OK. He's not unknown at all, starring at Texas, but since he was suspended he's not talked about as much. 

Who else you got?

I helped coach Marcus while at Slippery Rock, his motor will be what teams fall in love with, always in pursuit of the play, he may not have the natural bend or athleticism for an edge rusher in the NFL which could limit him defensively, but he is such a team player and is in no way worried about his accolades. Also he showed his willingness to switch to FB in the all-star game which I think will help him.

Another PSAC name I will throw out there who could be a good late rounder of UDFA

Max Redfield, FS IUP

Former 5-Star, got in trouble at Notre Dame (as an Irish fan, he was the ultimate disappointment) then transferred to IUP, very rangy FS who had a pretty good year at IUP this year. 78 Tackles and 4 INT's as well as AFCA 1st Team All-American

2 hours ago, JPeezy55 said:

I helped coach Marcus while at Slippery Rock, his motor will be what teams fall in love with, always in pursuit of the play, he may not have the natural bend or athleticism for an edge rusher in the NFL which could limit him defensively, but he is such a team player and is in no way worried about his accolades. Also he showed his willingness to switch to FB in the all-star game which I think will help him.

Maybe someone else will get their Rosie Nix.

2 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Here are two plays.  I can’t remember the other game.  

Are you sure you watched the right guy on this game?  The guy that had two sacks, a forced fumble, an interception to close out a game on the final drive, and the only play you could suggest he was beat in coverage that he wasn't side by side with the receiver was handed off to the safety who was just 5 yards away and it ended up incomplete. What I can figure is that you are putting the two big runs that a Heisman frontrunning running back broke away on all on this cornerback, one play he was blocked out on ok, so he didnt get off of a block and then the other he made a diving attempt as a last ditch line of defense hope and just missed bringing him to the ground... thats why youre not going to draft a cover corner/safety ?? especially vs the $#!@ this team has. SDSU won the game 20-17.  

On 2/26/2018 at 2:45 PM, mwalker said:

His name is popping up more and more. I haven't looked at any plays from him, but seeing and hearing the name more from draftnicks.

I like his upside. he makes some big plays, but also has areas to tighten up on.  He can move and drop in coverage well right now.

DE/FB M.Martin, 6'3 245 - Slippery Rock DE is the all time sacks leader.

Love my PSAC guys.  One of those classic tweeners that they are trying on offense. Rooting for him to make it somewhere.

Who else you got?

Great stuff Mwalker.

Archived