Rumor: Browns not enamored with 2018 QBS

MWil23

15 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I would like to complement dorsey for getting taylor but if it plays out the rosen drops to us and nobody wants to give up a kings ramsom due you draft him?

No.

I already would have drafted Darnold at #1

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Likely: Barkey at 1, Mayfield at 4 

Realistically: Darnold at 1, Derwin James at 4 

Dream: Darnold at 1, Trade 4 to the Bills for 21,22,53,54 and both 3rds FTW I want more picks. ( that would give us 3 1st, 5 2nd, and 2 3rds ) lol 

If James is the best they plan on doing at 4, they better just trade back. 

I do not care how bad Dorsey thinks this QB crop is, he has absolutely no choice but to choose one, because he has to know that Sachi got fired for his failure to draft a franchise type QB and Dorsey would surely follow in Sachi's footsteps if he failed to draft one.

Besides, rumours at this time of the year are not worth the paper they are printed on, lies are the name of the game, to confuse your opponents as much as possible. He may wish for a solid QB to be there at #4, so he can pull off a huge trade and is just trying to convince teams not to draft QB's(Giants/Colts) or to trade up for them???

35 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

James is better then Minka and arguably better then Chubb inmo had he not gotten hurt. He’s crazy athletic. 

The athletic ability isn’t a question. I just think for what we need, he’s just maybe a better version of Peppers. Probably not a lockdown cover guy or center fielder. I don’t see a fit/value there, but I’ve been wrong before. 

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

The athletic ability isn’t a question. I just think for what we need, he’s just maybe a better version of Peppers. Probably not a lockdown cover guy or center fielder. I don’t see a fit/value there, but I’ve been wrong before. 

He's great in coverage, especially in the deep middle. Fitz is better underneath, but Derwin James is more of a FS than Fitz is. He did it extremely well at FSU whereas Minkah has literally never played deep middle. If we are looking for a NCB/SS, Minkah makes more sense. If we are looking for a centerfielder that can do it all, Derwin James makes more sense. Both guys can probably play both spots, but I think Derwin is a better FS and if all else fails, there is no dropoff in ability if you make him a box safety.

James has much more potential than Minkah does, but Fitzpatrick is the more refined and fundamentally sound football player. Minkah's fundamentals are elite whereas James' are good. James' athleticism is elite whereas Minkah's is good. I want the guy with experience playing FS that has elite potential. Derwin isn't a boom-or-bust guy either...he's very safe as a prospect in addition to being a superstar athlete.

Archived