2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

Just now, Shylo3716 said:

Much better than Orlando Brown.

If that’s all it takes to impress you, be at my house Monday after I get off work and I’ll show you a 35 year old guy with a beer gut, bad back and arthritic knee that can beat every one of Brown’s numbers. ;)

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think the fact that it's symbolic of his entire journey is why it's such a big deal. He had to go through things other prospects didn't to make it to that bench.

Symbolically, sure, it’s a great moment. Warms the soul and all that stuff.

But......

the only other thing he has to go through that others didn’t *as it relates to the lift* is getting fitted for/putting on the prosthesis.

Maybe I’m just old, jaded and not easily impressed....

Chark 40 vert and 10’9 broad while DJ Moore 39.5 and 11’ even impressive #’s given their catch drills have gone well too.  

Helping their stock in a big way today.  Can’t wait to see their shuttle and 3-cones.  

4 hours ago, lod01 said:

Cutler's an interesting and legit comparison. It then comes down to how much the guy wants to be great. Is he a student of the game, does he take control like Wentz has. Cutler really wasn't like that.

I thought Josh Allen was basically Ryan Mallett with wheels?

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If that’s all it takes to impress you, be at my house Monday after I get off work and I’ll show you a 35 year old guy with a beer gut, bad back and arthritic knee that can beat every one of Brown’s numbers. ;)

@LETSGOBROWNIES- Bad back, arthritic knee- but you've got HEART!!  And that's what counts, Brownies!

46 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Brian O'Neill did himself a solid in the combine.

Think he can get into the 1st?

The big Q is that he got absolutely owned in the SB anytime a power rush was used.   Add his skinny legs, he'd be the first OL in something like 6-7 years IIRC to post the longest broad jump and not get drafted in Rd1, but I think it's 50-50....especially because Kolton Miller put up an exceptional Combine, and has better tape, and we have guys like Crosby who have better tape as well.   If there's one trait that will make GM's hesitate in an athletic OL, it's lack of functional strength.  

I think the template for O'Neil is what Terron Armstead has been able to do since he got into the league as a premier athlete who has gotten stronger since being drafted in the 3rd round. That's probably where I see him going if teams view him as a bit of a project. 

Archived