2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Carrington with some mitts.

I talked about him months ago when people were still low on him. Carrington can be a solid receiver in the league. Savvy route-runner who knows how to get open deep and attacks the ball with those big mitts. You can tell he is the son of a former NFLer.

5 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

I talked about him months ago when people were still low on him. Carrington can be a solid receiver in the league. Savvy route-runner who knows how to get open deep and attacks the ball with those big mitts. You can tell he is the son of a former NFLer.

Yea I remember you talking about him.

Edit: I actually see a more sure-handed Mohamed Sanu with Carrington. Better top end speed too.

1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Weight can be hard to figure out sometimes for players. Some guys cut specifically for the combine. Some guys cut down from college because they won't be used like they were in their college scheme. Some guys will put the weight right back on. Some won't.

I am pretty sure, most of them lose weight in hopes of attaining a better 40 time and improving in most of their test scores! Just common sense, but few ever keep the weight off !!

Just now, Jlash said:

Yea I remember you talking about him.

My main concern is his age (turning 24) and the checkered past, but the Utah staff raved about him so I think character-wise he should be okay. I'm not trying to excuse his past behavior, but his best friend and QB on his high school team died in a single car accident in 2015 which led him to drinking and subsequent problems. Carrington agreed to regularly meet with counselors and pastors as part of going to Utah. 

I don't think he'll test amazing, but I think he could run high 4.4's, low 4.5's. That's got to be the benchmark if he is hoping to go in the 3rd-4th range.

Is there a reason we have separate threads for the combine and the weigh-in 40 times?

Surprised by Crosby on the O-line and Mayfield at QB. Both measured better than I expected. Lamar answers the first part about him being generally small (he isn't) but there may still be some concern if that is too small for his style of play.

The main thing to be watching for is the underclassman measurements. As @CalhounLambeau said, we already have measurements on A LOT of the senior. Just a few here and there who skipped All-Star Games for whatever reasons.

I was talking with Greg Gabriel about Riley Ferguson's weight influx (which promoted him to post a tweet about it) saying how some guys will drink a ton of water before Combine weigh-in to add weight. Ferguson was only 196 at the East-West Shrine Game and was 212 today. Gabriel said they are able to do that in Indy because they don't have to workout the same day. Pro Day though, they have to weigh-in and then workout, so they can't take in that much water beforehand. Interesting point overall I thought.

These guys spend 2 months working out with pro coaches before the Combine and I am sure, they are taught every trick in the book to make a better showing to improve their draft stock, including training for their interviews.

It is also another reason why the Combine is so important, teams will observe the progress prospects have made since the end of the season, particularly important for raw juniors and also an indication of how hard a worker they are!

Archived