2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

25 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Is there a reason we have separate threads for the combine and the weigh-in 40 times?

Surprised by Crosby on the O-line and Mayfield at QB. Both measured better than I expected. Lamar answers the first part about him being generally small (he isn't) but there may still be some concern if that is too small for his style of play.

I thought about it, but if you post it in the Combine post, it will be lost in a day and I think people want to be able to quickly go to a post where they can find all these results without having to search the combine general post, which is bound to be a very long one!

15 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

No. I don't get it either. But, it is the FF draft forum, always been an interesting place.

It's mainly because the canadian dude loves to push crap sites and post a boatload of exclamation points so he has to make a new thread to promote those links and spam Shift+1. Really, really pointless when we already had a thread on it.

Just now, Iamcanadian said:

I thought about it, but if you post it in the Combine post, it will be lost in a day and I think people want to be able to quickly go to a post where they can find all these results without having to search the combine general post, which is bound to be a very long one!

That's why a spreadsheet is normally posted in the OP of the general combine thread. Even in a weigh-in thread you don't know where a certain player is or even if it is in there.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

That's why a spreadsheet is normally posted in the OP of the general combine thread. Even in a weigh-in thread you don't know where a certain player is or even if it is in there.

Steelers Depot has been the best place so far among sites to post updated weigh-ins. They have been really on top of what Charles Robinson has been posting on Twitter.

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

There’s a link to a spreadsheet in the op :)

50 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Is there a reason we have separate threads for the combine and the weigh-in 40 times?

Technically, we should. Webby hates these large catch all threads because the information / discussion gets buried and harder to get to. Prefers more specific discussion threads. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Technically, we should. Webby hates these large catch all threads because the information / discussion gets buried and harder to get to. Prefers more specific discussion threads. 

If you agree and I completely agree with your reasoning, why did you lock the other thread. Now it will disappear from the page with-in a day or 2 and nobody will have easy access to the information?

Just now, Iamcanadian said:

If you agree and I completely agree with your reasoning, why did you lock the other thread. Now it will disappear from the page with-in a day or 2 and nobody will have easy access to the information?

Because the information is here and the other thread had already devolved into a "can Lamar Jackson throw from the pocket" and off topic a page and a half in. If it's not going to be about the topic, there's no reason to keep it open.  

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because the information is here and the other thread had already devolved into a "can Lamar Jackson throw from the pocket" and off topic a page and a half in. If it's not going to be about the topic, there's no reason to keep it open.  

It is a bit of a puzzling move to lock it. Most of the discussion was regarding Lamar Jackson's size and how it translates to the NFL. The discussion was there due to his weigh in today at the NFL Combine in the NFL Combine Weigh-ins and 40 times thread

Archived