The Allen Robinson Thread

.Buzz

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

why do we need to spend like 50 million on our DL?  certainly could better allocate the funds to keeping a Legit offensive weapon but apparently it makes 2 much sense for us to do. 

You win games in the trenches

Campbell will definitely be here for 2018, I’m not sure about 2019. If they cut him after 2018, they would save $12M and Smoot would take over for him. I expect Smoot to play a lot more in 2018.

They can save $12M by cutting Dareus after 2018.

They can create a bunch more cap. Hurns and his 8M. Parnell and his 6M.

Dareus isn’t preventing this team from giving A-Rob money. They do a great job managing the cap.

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You win games in the trenches

Campbell will definitely be here for 2018, I’m not sure about 2019. If they cut him after 2018, they would save $12M and Smoot would take over for him. I expect Smoot to play a lot more in 2018.

They can save $12M by cutting Dareus after 2018.

They can create a bunch more cap. Hurns and his 8M. Parnell and his 6M.

Dareus isn’t preventing this team from giving A-Rob money. They do a great job managing the cap.

dareus on this roster is probably keeping Arob off the roster cuz they probably want to have some rollover money so we can extend Ngakoue/Ramsey/Jack.  

Parnell and his 6 million is fine. its not great but most starting Right Tackles are getting paid closer to 7 and up now.  probably would cost us more money in Free agency to replace him and by all means we probably shouldnt go reach for an OT this year in the draft in round 1. 

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont think $ is really the issue. I think whoever said its a Marrone thing is right. We dont want to pay him close to market value because they dont value having and paying for an elite WR.

http://www.1010xl.com/2018/02/28/marrone-indicates-allen-robinson-wont-be-leaving-the-jaguars/?platform=hootsuite

Drops Mic. 

clearly theres gotta be something other then a marrone thing. 

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I cant listen to it now. Does he flat out say it or is the link just bait?

its an article. u dont gotta listen to it. '

i would say Marrone was Pro-resigning/tagging him.

Caldwell seemed alot less Supportive of keeping him. 

IMO its a Caldwell thing.  its gonna be Extremely ugly if we resign Crappy lee and lets Arob leave....... 

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont think $ is really the issue. I think whoever said its a Marrone thing is right. We dont want to pay him close to market value because they dont value having and paying for an elite WR.

I don't get the impression it's a Marrone thing at all.  But he doesn't really make those high level personnel decisions anyway.  He's not the GM.  I think it's very clearly more of a Caldwell thing.

I think it's probably essentially the same sort of reason Caldwell grabbed Lee 20-something picks ahead of Robinson in the first place.  They value that "explosive/dynamic" ability over consistent hands and that "big possession target" type.  It's been a theme under Caldwell that we're pretty consistently linked to more of these smaller, quicker, "dynamic" types who are better with the ball in their hands...rather than the big sure-handed, precision route running, "easy target" possession-type guys.  It seems to be a philosophical thing, or at very least...a clear bias in preferences with him.  Flash speedy, big play types...over the consistent reliable types.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's the reasoning behind undervaluing a guy like ARob...and not wanting to pay top-end WR money on that "type" of player.

Not really my preference, and i think its a mistake to undervalue that completely different element that ARob could bring to the field for us.  And i get the impression Marrone recognizes that potential as well.  But i think that's probably what's at the heart of letting him go.

Probably means that if/when we're looking the draft...it'll be more of a Marqise Lee type that they target, rather than an ARob replacement.  Even if we already have guys in DeDe and Cole who are very much in a similar mold to Lee already.

52 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I can’t stop laughing. 

I laughed at it all.

Get upset about ARob leaving, I get it. But holy overexaggeration.

As for the Dareus part, that may have took the cake. The guy single handedly fixed our run defense and came in midseason and had to learn a whole new defense/role. The guy was a monster. We got him for a late round pick. You take that any day all day.

He was a big part in how far we got this past year. We were in win now mode and made a win now move that also gives us an anchor in our run d. That's a no brainer. 

25 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

dareus on this roster is probably keeping Arob off the roster cuz they probably want to have some rollover money so we can extend Ngakoue/Ramsey/Jack.  

Parnell and his 6 million is fine. its not great but most starting Right Tackles are getting paid closer to 7 and up now.  probably would cost us more money in Free agency to replace him and by all means we probably shouldnt go reach for an OT this year in the draft in round 1. 

Dareus being on the roster is not why we aren't keeping ARob. Just stop.

If we wanted ARob/felt like we needed him, he'd be on the roster. We have a ton of flexibility in the coming years with guys that KYDI named and others.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I laughed at it all.

Get upset about ARob leaving, I get it. But holy overexaggeration.

As for the Dareus part, that may have took the cake. The guy single handedly fixed our run defense and came in midseason and had to learn a whole new defense/role. The guy was a monster. We got him for a late round pick. You take that any day all day.

He was a big part in how far we got this past year. We were in win now mode and made a win now move that also gives us an anchor in our run d. That's a no brainer. 

Yeah.  I wasn't entirely sure about Dareus at first.  But on the field...he brought everything we could've wanted and more.  So long as he keeps that effort and level of play up, easily worth keeping, even at his higher salary.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I wasn't entirely sure about Dareus at first.  But on the field...he brought everything we could've wanted and more.  So long as he keeps that effort and level of play up, easily worth keeping, even at his higher salary.

He loves it here/seems to be well liked in the locker room too. I absolutely love that move.

We were just getting gutted week after week prior to him. One person making that big of a difference was pretty crazy. Excited to see what an entire offseason with him will look like.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He loves it here/seems to be well liked in the locker room too. I absolutely love that move.

We were just getting gutted week after week prior to him. One person making that big of a difference was pretty crazy. Excited to see what an entire offseason with him will look like.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was just Dareus singlehandedly making that difference all by himself.  There were other factors at play.  Things looked to be starting to pick up in that respect, even in the first week he arrived, before he was playing as much.  But he did have about as huge an impact as you could reasonably expect any one non-QB player to have.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was just Dareus singlehandedly making that difference all by himself.  There were other factors at play.  Things looked to be starting to pick up in that respect, even in the first week he arrived, before he was playing as much.  But he did have about as huge an impact as you could reasonably expect any one non-QB player to have.

I mean, not one player obviously takes a unit from bottom 2-3 to top 5-8. But you take away Dareus and I'm sure we finish bottom 8-10 in the league still. Abry couldnt hold up by himself. He's so much better in a backup role.

Archived