The Allen Robinson Thread

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Record with horrendously terrible defense

Record with a defense that looks like it knows how to make plays 

Defense wasn’t that bad in 2016 but I’m just trying to brace for his departure by looking at the glass half full. Lol

It's rough, but I think we gotta just see how this plays out and then rip them for it.

Just too hard to tell what the plan is. I don't see how it makes a ton of sense in the end but still.

42 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

u dont let a 24 year old possible number 1 wr walk away for a 3rd round comp pick

That's assuming we don't sign anyone in FA. If we do, that impacts the calculation of what comp we get. If we don't, well that's just colossal dumb decision

53 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Sure.

u could have transitioned tagged him which wouldnt be as costly and could have matched the deal if u thought it was good.  franchise tag could let u get you better compensation for him potentially and the worse case scenario is u keep him for a year.  sure not having the "6 million if he gets 10 on the market" would suck but keeping young, good talent should be a priority rather then oh we have some defenders that we should extend next year.  Next year we could let Fowler walk(im not saying hes bad but im saying hes not worth the amount he will be making way more then hes worth when hes a rotational guy who has to be schemed into plays. 

Coughlin just lost some major respect in terms of being a good President for the team.  Caldwells more at fault IMO for being a dumb guy who will let the 2nd best playmaker on Offense(im going with Fournette as number 1) walk cuz he doesnt want to pay robinson what hes worth.   i think this years success in the playoffs really screwed with Caldwells head in making him think we can can be a superbowl contendor with Bortles at QB. 

i also think maybe Trading for dareus was a bad move long-term for us as it likely keeps us from having the cap room to go resign Arob. 

Archived