Back-to-back picks

Shylo3716

2 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

For a team that has back-to-back picks in the draft, what determines which guy should they pick first between the two they want?

the guy they want more is taken with the first pick. so they can still talk about trades with the second pick.

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

the guy they want more is taken with the first pick. so they can still talk about trades with the second pick.

I appreciate the feedback. Someone just told me that it’s salary based from a positional standpoint.

1 hour ago, Shylo3716 said:

I appreciate the feedback. Someone just told me that it’s salary based from a positional standpoint.

I think this is the main reason, but everything being equal as to position importance, leaving room for a possible trade can come into play.

10 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

This, but also if you're a team like the Browns who has pick #64 (last pick in the 2nd) or pick #65, the 1st pick of the 3rd, that would be a contract, guaranteed money, years on the contract, etc. thing. 

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

This, but also if you're a team like the Browns who has pick #64 (last pick in the 2nd) or pick #65, the 1st pick of the 3rd, that would be a contract, guaranteed money, years on the contract, etc. thing. 

This is part of it. Specifically between 32 & 33. I feel like if you wound up with 1&2 and you are taking a QB, you take him at 1 because I cant help but feel like even with the rookie wage scale, an agent is going to try and talk his client and the team into getting #1 money and that will snowball 

Archived