Remixxxxxxx mock off-season v1

Scalamania

Wanted to get my first mock off-season out before the combine wraps up and free agency begins. As always, any feedback is appreciated!

2018 Free Agents

Darren Sproles, RB (Green Bay Packers)
Nigel Bradham, LB (Oakland Raiders)
Trey Burton, TE (Jacksonville Jaguars)
Corey Graham, S (N/A)
LeGarrette Blount, RB (Minnesota Vikings)
Caleb Sturgis, K (N/A)
Dannell Ellerbe, LB (N/A)
William Beatty, OT (New York Jets)
Bryan Braman, LB (Houston Texans)
Najee Goode, LB (Arizona Cardinals)
Patrick Robinson, CB (Detroit Lions)
Kenjon Barner, RB (Oakland Raiders)

2018 Cuts/Re-signings/Trades

Torrey Smith, WR (cut)
Isaac Seumalo, OG (cut)
Chance Warmack, OG (cut)
Jaylen Watkins, CB, (cut)
Mychal Kendricks, LB (cut)
Brent Celek, TE (retired)

Jason Peters, OT (restructures)
Fletcher Cox, DT (restructures)
Brandon Graham, EDGE (extended, 5 years, 35M)

Vinny Curry, EDGE (traded to Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a 2018 4th round pick)
Nick Foles, QB (traded to the Minnesota Vikings for a 2018 2nd round pick and 2019 2nd round pick)

2018 Free Agency

Blaine Gabbert, QB, 1 year, 1M
Alex Boone, OG, 1 year, 1M
Luke Wilson, TE, 1 year, 1M
Kony Ealy, EDGE, 1 year, 1M
Christian Jones, LB, 3 years, 12M
Paul Worrilow, LB, 1 year, 1M
Davon House, CB, 1 year, 1M
Rafael Bush, S, 1 year, 1M

2018 Philadelphia Eagles Draft Picks

2.30 (Minnesota)
4.8 (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
4.31 (New England)
5.19 (Seattle Seahawks)

2018 NFL Draft

1.32 The Philadelphia Eagles trade 1.32 to the San Francisco 49ers for 2.27 and 3.6

2.27 (San Francisco 49ers – from New Orleans Saints) DJ Chark, WR, Louisiana State University
2.30 (Minnesota Vikings) Uchenna Nwosu, LB, University of Southern California
3.6 (San Francisco 49ers – from Chicago Bears) Alex Cappa, OT, Humboldt State
4.8 (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) Poona Ford, DT, Texas
4.31 (New England Patriots) JC Jackson, CB, Maryland
4.32 Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi
5.19 (Seattle Seahawks) Trevon Young, EDGE, Louisville
5.32 Durham Smythe, TE, Notre Dame
6.32 John Wolford, QB, Wake Forest

2018 Depth Chart

QB – Carson Wentz, Blaine Gabbert, John Wolford
RB – Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, Ito Smith
WR – Alshon Jeffery, Marcus Johnson
WR –Mack Hollins, DJ Chark, Bryce Treggs
SWR – Nelson Agholor
TE – Zach Ertz, Luke Wilson, Durham Smythe
LT – Jason Peters, Halapoulivaati Vaitai
LG – Stefen Wisniewski, Alex Boone
C – Jason Kelce
RG – Brandon Brooks, Alex Boone
RT – Lane Johnson, Alex Cappa

RDE – Derek Barnett, Kony Ealy, Steven Means
DT – Tim Jernigan, Elijah Qualls
DT – Fletcher Cox, Poona Ford, Destine Vaeao
LDE – Brandon Graham, Chris Long, Trevon Young
WLB – Paul Worrilow, Kamu Grugier-Hill
MLB – Christian Jones, Jordan Hicks
SLB – Jordan Hicks, Uchenna Nwosu
CB – Ronald Darby, JC Jackson
CB – Sidney Jones, Davon House
SCB – Jalen Mills
S – Rodney McLeod, Rafael Bush
S – Malcom Jenkins, Rasul Douglas

7 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

2018 Cuts/Re-signings/Trades

Isaac Seumalo, OG (cut)
Chance Warmack, OG (cut)
Mychal Kendricks, LB (cut)

Don't agree with cutting both Warmack and Seumalo, yeah they aren't great but you need a backup and I don't feel like we want to have to go into the off season with our limited cap to find 2 new backups.

Why would we ever cut Kendricks. That's the real blemish on this mock. Makes no sense at all. If anything trade him for a pick. 

7 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Brandon Graham, EDGE (extended, 5 years, 35M)

You're out of your mind if you think Brandon Graham will sign for that.

2018 Free Agency

Blaine Gabbert, QB, 1 year, 1M
Alex Boone, OG, 1 year, 1M
Luke Wilson, TE, 1 year, 1M
Kony Ealy, EDGE, 1 year, 1M
Christian Jones, LB, 3 years, 12M
Paul Worrilow, LB, 1 year, 1M
Davon House, CB, 1 year, 1M
Rafael Bush, S, 1 year, 1M

Many of these guys will make more than this. 

1.32 The Philadelphia Eagles trade 1.32 to the San Francisco 49ers for 2.27 and 3.6

Bad value

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Maybe it's just me but that's terrible value for our 1st. 

No. 29: Green Bay → Cleveland (D). Green Baytraded their first-round selection (29th) to Cleveland in exchange for Cleveland's second- and fourth-round selections (33rd and 108th).[source 1]

I valued that trade based off the most comparable trade I could find from last years draft and this is the closet I could come. We're getting an early third instead of a fourth and a late 2nd instead of an early second. 

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Don't agree with cutting both Warmack and Seumalo, yeah they aren't great but you need a backup and I don't feel like we want to have to go into the off season with our limited cap to find 2 new backups.

Neither provide anything - maybe keeping Warmack makes a little sense but Seumalo doesn't deserve a spot on anybody's roster. 

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

You're out of your mind if you think Brandon Graham will sign for that.

I think he takes a team friendly deal but that's just my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Many of these guys will make more than this. 

They're all lower to middle tier guys. I honestly can't say any of them getting many better offers then what's listed - contract were never my strong suit, though.  

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

Neither provide anything - maybe keeping Warmack makes a little sense but Seumalo doesn't deserve a spot on anybody's roster. 

I think he takes a team friendly deal but that's just my opinion. 

They're all lower to middle tier guys. I honestly can't say any of them getting many better offers then what's listed - contract were never my strong suit, though.  

Seumalo is better than Warmack, just saying.

What reason does he have to do so? He's got his Super Bowl ring and he's never had a huge pay day in the NFL, this is his last chance to get one.

You're undervaluing how much veteran players get paid period in this day and age. Especially Gabbert at QB. He'll get more than that simply out of positional market value.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

What reason does he have to do so? He's got his Super Bowl ring and he's never had a huge pay day in the NFL, this is his last chance to get one.

What leverage does he have right now? We have the right to tag him two years in a row starting in 2019 and by that time he'll be 34ish and will have zero chances for a long term commitment from any team. 

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Especially Gabbert at QB. He'll get more than that simply out of positional market value.

Oh, you mean the same player who signed for less then 1M last year? In a deep free agent QB crop, there's not a high probability that Gabbert makes more then last year. 

Like I said, I don't see many of those players making more then what's listed but NFL Free Agency is so unpredictable. 

What leverage does he have right now? We have the right to tag him two years in a row starting in 2019 and by that time he'll be 34ish and will have zero chances for long term

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/brandon-graham-6522/market-value/

The fact that his market value is more than double that? Brandon Graham has played better than comparable players/contracts in recent years, the deal you proposed is ludicrous. It'd be like us proposing to give Carson Wentz a 6 year, $63 Million deal.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/brandon-graham-6522/market-value/

The fact that his market value is more than double that? Brandon Graham has played better than comparable players/contracts in recent years, the deal you proposed is ludicrous. It'd be like us proposing to give Carson Wentz a 6 year, $63 Million deal.

I don't understand how a website (who I think is usually way off on their contract predictions) making a prediction based off percentages is supposed to impact my opinion? Maybe in the long run I'm wrong but I just don't see Graham getting that kind of deal from us. 

I don't understand how a website (who I think is usually way off on their contract predictions) making a prediction based off percentages is supposed to impact my opinion? Maybe in the long run I'm wrong but I just don't see Graham getting that kind of deal from us. 

Exactly. He won't get it from us because we can't afford it. Unless we cut Curry and maybe another. He's more likely to be gone than to be here come 2019.

Free Agency notes: 

Luke Willson** (sorry had to) 

You even went ahead and said where our FAs may land (Blount to MN is tough they have a 2 back combo already)

I expect some guys will sign with a winner, but what 7 guys on 1yr/1M deals? 

Draft notes:

Not familiar with DJ Chark but I thought Nwosu was a 3-4 edge guy?? Everytime I watched him he was a stand up OLB (von miller)

I like how you brought up some names I'm sure some of us haven't seen yet, I will have to investigate some of them.  

4 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I valued that trade based off the most comparable trade I could find from last years draft and this is the closet I could come. We're getting an early third instead of a fourth and a late 2nd instead of an early second. 

Bro, they traded down 4 spots and picked up a 4th. You're trading down 27! 

On 3/2/2018 at 6:59 PM, Jroc04 said:

Bro, they traded down 4 spots and picked up a 4th. You're trading down 27! 

I understand what he was thinking but yeah, that is really bad value. 

Does anyone think a team will actually trade for Curry?

13 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I understand what he was thinking but yeah, that is really bad value. 

Does anyone think a team will actually trade for Curry?

Speaking of Curry I think he’ll have to be part of a deal. #32 and Curry for a couple of 2s and something else

Archived