Running Backs, Positional Value, And The 2018 Prospects

LETSGOBROWNIES

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

First off, and I want to get this out of the way early, I really like Saquon Barkley as a prospect.  He’s as good as you hope to find at the position in any given year, a 10/10 running back prospect.

Bruh.....

5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

But This vehement hatred for Barkley is just lame and for no other reason than to win an internet argument.

I mean....

24 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I mostly agree but strongly disagree with they don’t add wins. That’s an opinion. Like most of your piece. Factual evidence proves others wise. Drafting a RB in the top 5 nets the single biggest return on wins out of all position groups since 2000 with 4.8+ wins. C_BCFaPV0AAtplu?format=jpg

Going off this we should Draft Barkley and Nelson and call it a day 

I love Barkey if he’s there at 4 I’m grabbing him. But rather take a QB and trade down 

Jamal Lewis. LaDainian Tomlinson. Ezekiel Elliott. Leonard Fournette.

vs

Cadillac Williams. Ronnie Brown. Cedric Benson. Reggie Bush. Darren McFadden.

Go back further to 1980 and the trend holds. There's as many severe busts as there are home runs.

10 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

You have issues.

Dont we all? We are the morons spending time talking about a 1-31 team.

You have been boiling over me poking fun at OSU fans on here for years.

Not at all. Funny that you can dish it out but can’t take it. Then again you’ve always loved whining and playing the victim.

Get over it.

LOL

I have nothing against their NFL prospects. 

Nor should you. They’re the real deal. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Not at all. Funny that you can dish it out but can’t take it. Then again you’ve always loved whining and playing the victim.

LOL

1. If that was the case you wouldn't remember it and be upset about it years later

2. What in the world are you talking about? 

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So, options for 4 other than Barkley, imo.

1. Minkah, if they believe he is an elite CB.  Similar debate as with Ramsey two years ago.

2. Nelson, if they believe he can play LT.  I think he may be a Bruce Matthews/Larry Allen type player who has Pro Bowl ability really anywhere along the line.  His tape is every bit as good as what folks think Barkley’s is.

3. Trade down. My personal favorite. Move back a spot or two so that a team can snag their QB and still likely have the ability to grab one of the top 3-4 non-QB’s in the draft while building our draft capital for 2019.

4. Chubb. He looks the part on tape, and his combine numbers were better then expected. If you believe in building on a strength, he’s probably in the mix for you.

7 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

You're a troll. That's all. It's ok.

so who to take at 4 then?

raw

1. If that was the case you wouldn't remember it and be upset about it years later

Yes, years later. 2 to be exact. Not exactly a long time.

2. What in the world are you talking about? 

I guess that question answers your above question. Looks like you must suffer from memory loss.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

TRUTH MAN i realized it after this 0-16 seaosn that i have v v v bad issues if i still cant bring myself to stop caring about this team

i mean, i still think that barkley could be there at 4
manning is 38.  if they're not dumb, they take a qb
indianapolis certainly could take a RB but... they could also take Chubb

adrian peterson fell to 7
fournette fell to 4
zeke fell to 4

Just now, MWil23 said:

Yes, years later. 2 to be exact. Not exactly a long time.

I guess that question answers your above question. Looks like you must suffer from memory loss.

Ok man... Back to football... 

For me at 4 it's Barkley, who might not even be there and then a trade down. There aren't any other blue chippers outside of Nelson. 

In a trade with maybe the jets at 6 I'd take:

Derwin James

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Denzel Ward

Nelson 

Chubb

Say 3 QBs are taken in the first 6, that would mean Fitz, Chubb or Nelson would be there. 

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

i mean, i still think that barkley could be there at 4
manning is 38.  if they're not dumb, they take a qb
indianapolis certainly could take a RB but... they could also take Chubb

adrian peterson fell to 7
fournette fell to 4
zeke fell to 4

If you're already aware of this, I apologize but they're arguing with me about taking Barkley at 4. Still not sure why that's such a huge issue, though. GMs don't seem to think so.

Just now, pnies20 said:

Ok man... Back to football... 

giphy.gif

Just now, pnies20 said:

For me at 4 it's Barkley, who might not even be there and then a trade down. There aren't any other blue chippers outside of Nelson. 

I've actually been a big Barkley supporter at 4 if he's there because I think that he's the best skill position player on offense in the draft this year. He may or may not be there. It will depend on how many QB's go in the first 2 picks IMO. If the Giants don't go QB, which means that they're idiots if they bypass that position and roll the dice on a 38 year old QB who is declining rapidly, they'll surely go Barkley or Nelson.

Just now, pnies20 said:

In a trade with maybe the jets at 6 I'd take:

Derwin James

A little too high for my liking. I like his body/frame and athleticism, but he has 2 knee surgeries in his medical, one being a torn ACL. He also has only played in 26 college games, but he's looked good in that timeframe.

Just now, pnies20 said:

Minkah Fitzpatrick

As long as we utilize him correctly, sure. He's a nickel/box guy ideally.

Just now, pnies20 said:

Denzel Ward

Probably the best CB in the draft. Definitely the best man/press man corner. I wish he were 6'0 instead of 5'10, but he's a stud.

Just now, pnies20 said:

Nelson 

Only if he/Bitonio can play LT in an ELITE manner. Otherwise that's pointless.

Just now, pnies20 said:

Chubb

I'm not as high on him as most. Throw in the above argument about it being a position of strength on an 0-16 roster with 2 solid to good DE's under 25 and that doesn't make much sense to me.

Just now, pnies20 said:

Say 3 QBs are taken in the first 6, that would mean Fitz, Chubb or Nelson would be there. 

I'd prefer Ward (OH MY GOSH I AM SUCH AN OSU HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to Chubb and see above with my thoughts on Nelson, because he's the best CB in the draft, he's got elite technique, he's a solid tackler, and his man/press man skills are already NFL ready.

I wouldn't fault them for Fitz though.

Archived