Braves call up 2B/SS Ozzie Albies

NewAge

8 minutes ago, coors said:

Carmago to 3rd. Albies SS. Freeman back to 1st. 

Make it happen, Bravos. 

Absolutley not. Adams can at least hit for power occasionally, Camargos babip is normalizing and we see his wRC+ sinking like a rock. Hes a glove first utility guy, not someone who should see everyday abs. 

And albies playing ss makes little sense as well. Swanson may be up before the years over and he'll certainly break camp next year. Hes the guy at short, let albies continue to aclimate to 2nd.

13 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Absolutley not. Adams can at least hit for power occasionally, Camargos babip is normalizing and we see his wRC+ sinking like a rock. Hes a glove first utility guy, not someone who should see everyday abs. 

And albies playing ss makes little sense as well. Swanson may be up before the years over and he'll certainly break camp next year. Hes the guy at short, let albies continue to aclimate to 2nd.

I'm talking about while Swanson is down in AAA to try that lineup. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Wonder if Atlanta is getting closer to finding a buyer for Phillips?

EDIT:

Bowman added "indication Atlanta ready to move Phillips ASAP"

It baffles me that they knew they were bringing up Albies to be the starting 2B at least a few days ago, and they didnt trade Phillips before the deadline. Now he has to go through waivers and anything can happen if someone claims him.

The only reasoning I can think of is that they want Dansby in AAA a couple more weeks, and will bring him up if Phillips is traded.

13 hours ago, devils1854 said:

It baffles me that they knew they were bringing up Albies to be the starting 2B at least a few days ago, and they didnt trade Phillips before the deadline. Now he has to go through waivers and anything can happen if someone claims him.

The only reasoning I can think of is that they want Dansby in AAA a couple more weeks, and will bring him up if Phillips is traded.

They tried trading Phillips. No one bit... yet.

Archived