Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

42 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

MHA, AoT, Naruto and DBZ are my top 4 in some order. All are 9/10+ for me. Though I've only seen ~15 so top 3-4 really isn't that special.

Death note, Violet Evergarden, Steins;Gate/0 would be my top 3. In that order. 

MHA would be right outside the top 5 behind JoJo's

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Death note, Violet Evergarden, Steins;Gate/0 would be my top 3. In that order. 

MHA would be right outside the top 5 behind JoJo's

Death Note would be #5 for me. The first half is up there with anything but I wasn't big on the Melo/Near stuff except the ending. Steins; Gate was also good. Never seen Violet Evergarden.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Death Note would be #5 for me. The first half is up there with anything but I wasn't big on the Melo/Near stuff except the ending. Steins; Gate was also good. Never seen Violet Evergarden.

Fair enough on death note, the ending was never going to be good without L.

Violet Evergarden is worth a watch even if it is a bit sappy.

41 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Fair enough on death note, the ending was never going to be good without L.

Violet Evergarden is worth a watch even if it is a bit sappy.

I may give it a watch at some point. I don't have any others on my radar right now. I wasn't big on Fate/Zero which I saw someone loved on here and I've seen the ones that sound like they are up my alley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I may give it a watch at some point. I don't have any others on my radar right now. I wasn't big on Fate/Zero which I saw someone loved on here and I've seen the ones that sound like they are up my alley.

Doesn't hurt to go down the Ghibli movie list if you haven't seen them all.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to see Violet Evergarden. It's on my long, ever-growing list.

I always thought the Ghibli films were a bit overrated, and the great majority of their movies lacked adult appeal, esp. the Miyazaki ones. 

Disney does a better job at mass appeal, IMO.

Edited by freak_of_nature
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Ghibli films are far from perfection but they're basically Japan's Disney as often said because comparisons.

The one big difference between the Disney masterpieces and the Ghibli masterpieces is the fact Disney adds showtunes to theirs, and they're often the most popular feature of these movies. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 5:31 PM, Calvert28 said:

I know some people think he's a dumb character but he is my all-time favorite and finally being made canon. None of that dumba$$ Kale crap. This is the legit Legendary Super Saiyan.

Imm open minded about this redo. It seems like it is mixing into the Super series, is that true?

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Give it a good go, its a slow start (or at least it was for me) and then I got hooooooked

About what episode would you say the switch happened? I'm thru three. Interesting premise (maybe a bit younger audience than I thought).

58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

About what episode would you say the switch happened? I'm thru three. Interesting premise (maybe a bit younger audience than I thought).

I think for me it was maybe about 4-5 episode in where I really got into it. However, I don't think it's all that weak early. It just ends up being something that builds up the backstory that you need for the anime.

• Like 1