Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

3 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

I agree it sucks, but we have a lot to address anyways. This team's talent level has been trending the wrong way for awhile. I just don't think losing Randall makes any difference. 

I won't completely disagree.  There are some problem areas of the roster.  I just think this move makes another hole at CB, and is likely a lateral move at QB.  Instead of adding a 3rd round TE to the mix, we now have to take a CB (just an example).

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Again - it all comes down to your evaluation of DR. I think his talent can be replaced.

I  just don't think it will be that easy.  We spent our first pick on the position last year and didn't get that sort of play.  Right now, we've got to add multiple starting CBs. I    think it will be a struggle to expect a rookie to play to the level we seen from Randall last year.  Unless we're signing a top tier UFA, I     don't think a vet us the answer either.  Tramon Williams caliber CBs who are playing for scraps isn't the answer IMO and that is likely the path.  Getting older, less athletic and slower.

Ben Fennel thread on Twitter: Damarious Randall has some gorgeous INTs in his career... That's been his upside - getting the ball back. He's an opportunistic CB that you must swallow a lot of bad in hopes for some good....these 20+yd receptions allowed from Randall.. Too often clumsy in his transition and not locating the ball. Must be able to fight for yourself downfield and find the ball.... So you put him in the slot and he struggles with the twitch...... Alright so big body CB who doesn’t play ball well downfield and struggles with twitch

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think it goes without saying, we're going to add multiple players to this position.

I  think that's pretty obvious given the dumpster fire we currently have at the position group.  It's King and a bunch of Special teams caliber players.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

I  just don't think it will be that easy.  We spent our first pick on the position last year and didn't get that sort of play.  Right now, we've got to add multiple starting CBs. I    think it will be a struggle to expect a rookie to play to the level we seen from Randall last year.  Unless we're signing a top tier UFA, I     don't think a vet us the answer either.  Tramon Williams caliber CBs who are playing for scraps isn't the answer IMO and that is likely the path.  Getting older, less athletic and slower.

Come on SSG. Did you just equate DR with a top tier FA? Did you just do that? At what point did you fall in love with the guy. You ragged on him for years. Now he's irreplaceable hot stuff?

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Whoever asked, "Doesn't that reflect Randall?"  No.  It doesn't.  Somebody reported we were talking to multiple teams.  We went with the team that offered a QB when we don't need a QB. 

I effed up the quote. “Doesnt that reflect Randall” was that dudes response to you saying we were bottom 2 in CBs

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Randall is the kind of guy we'd drool over his potential of he was a fa.

Maybe with the current state of the CBs.  I don't know that he is THAT good.  We would probably hope he was a good 2-3 year stop gap.  I think that is what he will be for the Browns.  2018 and the 5th year option.  They can get 2 years of decent play and move on.  Instead of investing at CB because of a need, they can let the board fall to them.  

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Only real problem I have with letting Randall go is the notion that MM is going to dog any player who basically challenges the status quo. Randall's comments about the defensive accountability may have been mis-delivered, but they were dead on accurate. MM just let Capers go about his business for years without any accountability despite year after year of poor defense. Randall basically called out Capers and MM threw Randall under the bus. That rubs me the wrong way. 

Didnt Randall throw blame on a teammate for his blown TD then cried about it? That also rubs me the wrong way. I dont think it was just Randall calling out Capers that got him traded. Randall has issues.

Archived