Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is part of the problem to begin with. Randall had no business being our "top" corner, yet he was, probably the last 2 years, at least on paper. That's how weak we have been at the position since Shields left. If trading Randall is truly part 1 of an "overhaul" like some have said, I'm all for it because our CB personnel from top down needs to improve, pretty dramatically. 

But its not like its the only part of the defense that has holes. We may not now beef up our pass rush because corner is now a bigger priority again.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

You'll have to take that up with Ben Fennell - whom you can find on Twitter.

Go match your "football takes" with him -- publicly -- on Twitter. It would be an interesting read.

If you post a tweet, it means you read the tweet and found it insightful enough to post it. You're agreeing with it.

If you agree with a bad tweet enough to post it, you deserve to be called out on it. 

Fennel has a bunch of clips compiled showing Randall getting beat, you just chose the worst one. 

12 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

XFL legends. Just wait.

You get paid to play.  YOU GET PAID MORE TO WIN! 

That's right! You get paid more to win! And if you don't..... YOU'RE FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

w2vyt.jpg

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Again. Simple. I think DRs contribution can be replaced. You (suddenly) like the guy - after POUNDING on him for years. For YEARS you were his most vocal critic. 
Nuf sed. I think his talent level can be replaced. You apparently dont. Fine. We'll leave it at that.

I  clearly said earlier that I wasn't a fan of Randall.  My issue is we've backed ourselves into a corner now needing multiple starting CBs and I refuse to believe that we can just pluck any warm body off the street and get the caliber of play we seen from Randall last year.  You can make him out to be a scrub but like it or not, he was our best CB last year.  

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you post a tweet, it means you read the tweet and found it insightful enough to post it. You're agreeing with it.

If you agree with a bad tweet enough to post it, you deserve to be called out on it. 

Fennel has a bunch of clips compiled showing Randall getting beat, you just chose the worst one. 

Nope. I often post content - not because it reflects any personal opinion - simply because others might find it interesting or informative. Have for years. I posted only one which contained a video. Not because I researched to find the worst one - simply because I didnt spend more time doing it. You want to do it - help yourself. Twitters a public site. Copy and paste away.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

I  clearly said earlier that I wasn't a fan of Randall.  My issue is we've backed ourselves into a corner now needing multiple starting CBs and I refuse to believe that we can just pluck any warm body off the street and get the caliber of play we seen from Randall last year.  You can make him out to be a scrub but like it or not, he was our best CB last year.  

Sigh.

Again - I think his talent and contribution can be replaced. Thats it.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Nope. I often post content - not because it reflects any personal opinion - simply because others might find it interesting or informative. Have for years. I posted only one which contained a video. Not because I researched to find the worst one - simply because I didnt spend more time doing it. You want to do it - help yourself. Twitters a public site. Copy and paste away.

Is misleading and incorrect information intresting or informative?

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is misleading and incorrect information intresting or informative?

You're a particular type of Ahole aren't ya?
Again - if you have problem with the data - take it up with Ben Fennell as he wrote it.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Sigh.

But you have a finite amount of resources to replace talent. You can replace Randall, you can replace anybody. But spending your finite resources to patch holes of your own making is just dumb. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Sigh.

Sure it can be replaced.  In doing so, you are sacrificing the ability to replace a needed talent at another position.  Only so much $$ and draft picks to fill all the holes.  

Hundley to Kiser is a lateral move.  Randall to ??? is a down grade.  

The pick upgrade means we can get a player a few selections higher, or we can trade up a few slots higher.  Not all that impressive IMO

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

But you have a finite amount of resources to replace talent. You can replace Randall, you can replace anybody. But spending your finite resources to patch holes of your own making is just dumb. 

I  agree.  We just created another and signifiant hole with this trade.  Our weakest position group just got weaker with this move.  We've only got so many draft picks and so much salary cap space.  

I suspect that we're now going to need a guy like Rollins to play a substantial amount of minutes which makes our defense worse.  

Archived