First Round with Three GMs

aldashex86

How was the mock?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How was the mock?

• It was very fun and different! Thanks!
    • It was bad and you should feel bad.
    • I know everything and you are wrong and I am right!! I realize this doesn't actually answer the question but, I am angry!!

So, some may know how this goes. Two of my friends and myself assume the GM roles of the teams. Alex is Red, Eric is Blue, Chris is Black. I must warn you, this is not your normal mock. Things got crazy. Reaches were made, players dropped, some expected picks, and surprise picks.... so... like the real draft. 

Cleveland (0-16) .520 - Josh Rosen, QB

New York Giants (3-13) .531 - Baker Mayfield, QB 

Indianapolis (4-12) .480 - Saquan Barkley, RB 

Cleveland - from Houston (4-12) - Denzel Ward, CB

Denver (5-11) Sam Darnold, QB 

New York Jets (5-11) - Marcus Davenport, EDGE 

Tampa Bay (5-11) - Bradley Chubb, DE 

Chicago (5-11) - Quenton Nelson, G 

San Francisco (6-10) - Tremaine Edmunds, LB

Oakland (6-10) Roquan Smith, LB

Miami (6-10) - Vita Vea, DT

Cincinnati (7-9) - Connor Williams, OT

Washington (7-9) - Mike Hughes, CB

Green Bay (7-9) - Josh Jackson, CB

Arizona (8-8) - Minkah Fitzpatrick, S/CB

Baltimore (9-7) - Calvin Ridley, WR

Los Angeles Chargers (9-7) - Josh Allen, QB

Seattle (9-7) - Jaire Alexander, CB

Dallas (9-7) - Courtland Sutton, WR

Detroit (9-7) - Harold Landry, EDGE

Buffalo* (9-7) - Da'Ron Payne, DT

Buffalo - from Kansas City* (10-6) - Lamar Jackson, QB

Los Angeles Rams* (11-5) - Sam Hubbard, EDGE 

Carolina* (11-5) - Derwin James, S

Tennessee* (9-7) - Billy Price, C/G

Atlanta* (10-6) - Will Hernandez, G

New Orleans* (11-5) - Christian Kirk, WR

Pittsburgh* (13-3) - Ronnie Harrison, S

Jacksonville* (10-6) - Mike Gisecki, TE

Minnesota* (13-3) - BJ Hill, DT

New England* (13-3) - Harrison Phillips, DT

Philadelphia* (13-3) - Ronald Jones II, RB

15 minutes ago, The OUTLAW said:

I'm not a fan of your Browns picks but they aren't awful.  I'd have gone a different way however. 

I honestly was going Chubb until I was making the pick. Ogbah isn't awful but, their CB play was. That's why I went that way. Plus, it's fun to mix it up. How would you have gone?

4 minutes ago, aldashex86 said:

I honestly was going Chubb until I was making the pick. Ogbah isn't awful but, their CB play was. That's why I went that way. Plus, it's fun to mix it up. How would you have gone?

In this situation I'd go Barkley, Darnold. 

I would say the position is ok as OG is a need although no where near the need a DT is.   We only have 1 DT on the entire roster in Grady Jarrett.  So we need to get 3 of them this offseason somehow.  I would say if any of  Vea, Payne, Bryan, and maybe Hurst fall to us in the real draft you are looking at our 1st round pick more than likely.   Just based on we draft biggest need early and often and then scheme fit/BPA at that need.

Now if you must stick with OG then i would say Isaiah Wynn at Og is the more logical choice as he fits our scheme much better than Hernandez does and is a much better zone blocking guy coming out.   Where as Hernandez is a top tier power run mauler and medicore at best in pass protection.   So just based on BPa and scheme fit Wynn should be our choice and if not him then probably Billy Price if he is healthy.

Taven Bryan would be my pick there as it sits though as said DT is our biggest need and Bryan is a top 25 player and better value than Hernandez or Wynn honestly and OG is super deep this year into round 2 and 3.

35 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I would say the position is ok as OG is a need although no where near the need a DT is.   We only have 1 DT on the entire roster in Grady Jarrett.  So we need to get 3 of them this offseason somehow.  I would say if any of  Vea, Payne, Bryan, and maybe Hurst fall to us in the real draft you are looking at our 1st round pick more than likely.   Just based on we draft biggest need early and often and then scheme fit/BPA at that need.

Now if you must stick with OG then i would say Isaiah Wynn at Og is the more logical choice as he fits our scheme much better than Hernandez does and is a much better zone blocking guy coming out.   Where as Hernandez is a top tier power run mauler and medicore at best in pass protection.   So just based on BPa and scheme fit Wynn should be our choice and if not him then probably Billy Price if he is healthy.

Taven Bryan would be my pick there as it sits though as said DT is our biggest need and Bryan is a top 25 player and better value than Hernandez or Wynn honestly and OG is super deep this year into round 2 and 3.

Will Hernandez makes a ton of sense too, though. He's a good fit athletically and is one of the best technicians in the class.

53 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Will Hernandez makes a ton of sense too, though. He's a good fit athletically and is one of the best technicians in the class.

Oh don't get me wrong i don't dislike the guy at all i hope it didn't come across that way.  I'll also say he atleast at the combine showed alot more athleticism than what was expected from him.  But after watching a solid bit of tape on him i will say the combine athleticism doesn't quite show up on the field all the time compared to a guys like Wynn and Price.    It's one of those if we do take him and the DT's were gone i wouldn't cry about it i know we still got a very solid player.   But just based on my personal scouting and watching i have done with all 3 guys + James Daniels he would be the least of that group that i think fits our scheme the best on the field not the combine.   He is still more than capable of being a solid player for us though and theirs no shame in that.   I do honestly think if you put him on a power running team where he doesn't have to get in open space as much and run all the time and put some solid pass protectors around him he could be a monster even more so than he would be here. 

Also i guess i haven't asked you yet though but how does your list of OG's look on for the Falcons say the top 7 or 8 guys.  Who would you want for the Falcons in order based on value and scheme fit.   If you want to Pm me to keep his mock clean thats cool to if not i'll check them out here as well if ya post em here.

8 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

I do like Harrison for the Steelers. However, if his college teammate, Rashaan Evans, is on the board like in this mock then I think they should go with him instead or even Vander Esch.

I am a Steelers fan as well (I'm Alex) and the reason I went with Harrison is because of Colbert's comments about the linebackers in this draft not being playmakers. It leads me to believe he doesn't like the LB class and ILB will be addressed in FA. So, that was my thinking in picking the one Bama player over the other.

14 hours ago, The OUTLAW said:

In this situation I'd go Barkley, Darnold. 

I just seriously do not think the Browns go Barkley at one. I think they have spent years passing on QBs and this time they finally will evaluate the class and take who they believe is the top QB.

49 minutes ago, aldashex86 said:

I just seriously do not think the Browns go Barkley at one. I think they have spent years passing on QBs and this time they finally will evaluate the class and take who they believe is the top QB.

Yeah. I would go as far to say ignore any takes having the Browns take Barkley or Chubb at number 1. There is no way in heck that happens. It's quarterback all the way at number 1.

2 hours ago, aldashex86 said:

I am a Steelers fan as well (I'm Alex) and the reason I went with Harrison is because of Colbert's comments about the linebackers in this draft not being playmakers. It leads me to believe he doesn't like the LB class and ILB will be addressed in FA. So, that was my thinking in picking the one Bama player over the other.

That would be fine with me. I could definitely see them going the FA route to get an ILB and then taking the safety in the first round. Harrison would be a really good fit in Pittsburgh.

Archived