Free Agency News

Kmart128

On 3/19/2018 at 4:37 PM, Joutmaniii said:

Short sighted in my opinion. You are going to get a QB that might or might not pan out and place him in a lineup with below average players.

Well, the thing is all draft picks may or may not pan out, not just QB's. They all are gambles and I'm fine with taking a shot at a QB early. One way or another, we must find our franchise QB who can put the offense on his shoulders once in a while. It's been so long since we've had that, it's almost like we haven't been able to even play a modern era style of football!

30 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

JPP gets dealt to TB for a 3rd and 4th rounder..

Thoughts on any possible implications for us ?

Bradley Chubb has to in play now for Giants with Quenton Nelson, Saquon Barkley and QB's

As I mentioned in the jets move to 3 thread. I do not see chubb as their option at 2. I think the JPP move was strictly financial and scheme related. The new DC is from Arizona and played a 3-4 defense for the last 3 years. JPP is 6'5 275, chubb is 6'4 270 both are coming from a 4-3 pass rush scheme so I do not see Chubb as a guy they want at 2 to play 3-4 DE or 3-4 OLB. To me this helps the bills because that means they could be looking at roquan smith or trumaine edwards at pick 12 as they would be ideal 3-4 OLB pass rushers. Also some can argue whether or not Shaq and Hughes can be a vital piece to assist on making the trade if the giants are interested. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

As I mentioned in the jets move to 3 thread. I do not see chubb as their option at 2. I think the JPP move was strictly financial and scheme related. The new DC is from Arizona and played a 3-4 defense for the last 3 years. JPP is 6'5 275, chubb is 6'4 270 both are coming from a 4-3 pass rush scheme so I do not see Chubb as a guy they want at 2 to play 3-4 DE or 3-4 OLB. To me this helps the bills because that means they could be looking at roquan smith or trumaine edwards at pick 12 as they would be ideal 3-4 OLB pass rushers. Also some can argue whether or not Shaq and Hughes can be a vital piece to assist on making the trade if the giants are interested. 

I agree, Chubb doesn't seem like the ideal pick at 2 given the new defensive scheme. Chubb is more of a 4-3 end. 

By the way, Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are not ideal 3-4 pass rushers. They a best suited as 4-3 linebackers. Roquan is best for 4-3 weakside, Tremaine can play almost any of the 3 spots, I think he's best in the middle or strong side. 

3-4 OLB's are guys like Marcus Davenport or Harold Landry, who could be in play at 12. 

8 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

I agree, Chubb doesn't seem like the ideal pick at 2 given the new defensive scheme. Chubb is more of a 4-3 end. 

By the way, Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are not ideal 3-4 pass rushers. They a best suited as 4-3 linebackers. Roquan is best for 4-3 weakside, Tremaine can play almost any of the 3 spots, I think he's best in the middle or strong side. 

3-4 OLB's are guys like Marcus Davenport or Harold Landry, who could be in play at 12. 

Roquan will play ILB in any scheme. Has Luke Kuechly upside. Edmunds is a SLB in a 4/3 for sure 

I like Roquan for us more than Edmunds tbh

To me it seems that Linebackers have an easier time transitioning from a 4-3 to a 3-4 then 4-3 Defensive Ends to a 3-4 OLB. I get that they can be ILB but both proved to be solid pass rushers at times. I think whether they go inside or outside they would be a big factor in the giants defense over drafting Chubb. Either way I think the media is just trying to link the 2 just to discuss something rather then repeating the QB debates. Unless the giants truly love a qb I do not see them sticking around to pick at 2 and will take a package deal. My only concern is the broncos because they are pick 5 and if elway is desperate to solve the qb dilemma they have been having since manning retired then he may jump the gun and offer up a 2019 1st rd pick. I do not see any other team looking to make a move up other then the bills. 

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

NEW FUN IDEA

Pray the Giants pass on a QB, trade up to #4, take a QB (Rosen??!!)

Trade for OBJ 

or just give the giants 3 1st rd picks and get pick 2 and obj? I just dont see Rosen falling to 4, he is the most polished qb in the draft, even with a couple of concussions he is still the ideal qb in the NFL. I think this is all talk though and OBJ isnt going anywhere. The Giants have all the power to keep him if they want whether he sits out or not they still hold his rights and will be forced to play as every player has done so in the past and he is no different. 

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

or just give the giants 3 1st rd picks and get pick 2 and obj? I just dont see Rosen falling to 4, he is the most polished qb in the draft, even with a couple of concussions he is still the ideal qb in the NFL. I think this is all talk though and OBJ isnt going anywhere. The Giants have all the power to keep him if they want whether he sits out or not they still hold his rights and will be forced to play as every player has done so in the past and he is no different. 

3 firsts isn’t nearly enough 

Archived