Packers sign TE Jimmy Graham

marky mark

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Quick question for you... Do you think Gronkowski is better, equal or worse as a person than ODB? 

Anything else doesn't really matter in this conversation. 

Both get emotional, both have delivered cheap shots. One likes to drink, the other likes to smoke. Neither has been arrested or accused of anything. Both have donated their time and money to charities. Seems pretty equal to me. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I didn't cherry pick, I used the simplest and easiest example to prove the point wrong.  The point being that Belichick can and has traded away players before they're "done."  Buckle up, because more examples are coming. 

One instance proves that Belichick will trade players before they're "done."  What is it you think I'm trying to say?  Belichick also traded Richard Seymour four years before he retired.  Seymour went on to have two pro bowl years with the Raiders.  Deion Branch went on to play 6 or 7 more years after Belichick traded him.

The point I was making is that Belichick trades players away before they're done.  Don't know why you think your tone is justified in this example.  Belichick has traded away a bunch of players before they were "done."  Jamie Collins is another one.  So yeah, you really don't even know what you're arguing, you just want to act like I'm wrong without even knowing what I'm saying. 

I'm arguing that I have percentage on my side, same with those who want to roast Ted for letting Hayward go. Those guys are right more often than not.

I don't think Gronk has much left in the tank, since the Pats are always on TV you see a lot of their games. He's not the same guy he was. He's a better version of Marty, he doesn't get the separation he got when he was younger. He relies on Brady trusting him with those 50/50 balls, Aaron doesn't do that. Maybe with a player like Gronk he would, but I'll take the draft pick free investment in Graham for this experiment. Graham is every bit the athlete Gronk is at this point. Ones older but the other has broken down faster.

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You don't regret letting Hayward go, huh?  You expect me to believe that?  You wouldn't rather have had a 2 time second team all-pro cornerback on our roster the last two years and coming up this year?

Huh. 

You understand results oriented thinking right? The decision made sense. There is nothing to regret.

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I didn't cherry pick, I used the simplest and easiest example to prove the point wrong.  The point being that Belichick can and has traded away players before they're "done."  Buckle up, because more examples are coming. 

One instance proves that Belichick will trade players before they're "done."  What is it you think I'm trying to say?  Belichick also traded Richard Seymour four years before he retired.  Seymour went on to have two pro bowl years with the Raiders.  Deion Branch went on to play 6 or 7 more years after Belichick traded him.

The point I was making is that Belichick trades players away before they're done.  Don't know why you think your tone is justified in this example.  Belichick has traded away a bunch of players before they were "done."  Jamie Collins is another one.  So yeah, you really don't even know what you're arguing, you just want to act like I'm wrong without even knowing what I'm saying. 

Deon Branch wasn't impressive in Seattle...Will Blackmon went on to play multiple years after leaving GB. Does that mean TT made a ball call not keeping him? ha

4 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

You understand results oriented thinking right? The decision made sense. There is nothing to regret.

Not really, regret can totally be felt from a rational decision. I had injuries derail my football career, I made the smart choice to stop playing in college but I regret it because of the memories I could've had. I also regret selling one of my first vehicles, but at the time it was a smart decision to take the money.

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

Deon Branch wasn't impressive in Seattle...Will Blackmon went on to play multiple years after leaving GB. Does that mean TT made a ball call not keeping him? ha

Are you incapable of reading comprehension?  I am going to put this in the simplest terms I can.  Get a dictionary if you have to:

It was posited that Belichick only trades players before they are no longer youthful enough to keep playing.  "A year too early instead of a year too late," was used.  Deion Branch played 8 more years after being traded.  He averaged over 13 yards a catch his first three years as a Seahawk.  He fits the point I am making.  The only question is whether or not you are capable of comprehending the point I am making.

Just now, Jaegybomb said:

You understand that it's possible to regret something without it having been a bad decision, right?  You understand that... Right?  Do I need to post the definition of regret again, or can you comprehend the fact that it is possible to regret a decision without the decision having been a bad decision? 

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

Both get emotional, both have delivered cheap shots. One likes to drink, the other likes to smoke. Neither has been arrested or accused of anything. Both have donated their time and money to charities. Seems pretty equal to me. 

No mention of Beckham's dozen temper tantrums in the middle of games or numerous unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  They aren't equal. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

You understand that it's possible to regret something without it having been a bad decision, right?  You understand that... Right?  Do I need to post the definition of regret again, or can you comprehend the fact that it is possible to regret a decision without the decision having been a bad decision? 

I get that it's possible. It's also dumb and something you should get over eventually.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'm arguing that I have percentage on my side, same with those who want to roast Ted for letting Hayward go. Those guys are right more often than not.

I don't care what you're arguing.  What I'm arguing is that there have been plenty of times Belichick traded away players with a lot of football left in them.

He's not the same guy he was. He's a better version of Marty, he doesn't get the separation he got when he was younger.

You're wrong about this.  There was one of those massive Twitter posts somewhere that detailed the insane amount of separation Gronkowski was getting on every play this year.  It's still an insane amount of separation.  Standby while I find it and prove you wrong. 

I get that it's possible. It's also dumb and something you should get over eventually.

As you grow up and get smarter.

Do you regret not driving down to where the last winning powerball ticket was sold and buying it at the time. Wouldn't you prefer to have millions of dollars? Does it keep you up at night?

What the hell does any of this even mean ya frickin weirdo?  I used regret in a conversation-starting, innocuous, completely bland and non-damning way and you're going off acting like I said I'm losing sleep over it and acting like I'm blaming Gute.  You're the one acting like the weirdo who can't get over something. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't care what you're arguing.  What I'm arguing is that there have been plenty of times Belichick traded away players with a lot of football left in them.

Well this sounds like the basis for a rational discussion if ever I saw one.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What the hell does any of this even mean ya frickin weirdo?  I used regret in a conversation-starting, innocuous, completely bland and non-damning way and you're going off acting like I said I'm losing sleep over it and acting like I'm blaming Gute.  You're the one acting like the weirdo who can't get over something. 

You said the board was going to regret a decision because of some weird twist of fate. I'm saying I think the majority of the board is smarter than that.

Archived