Packers releasing WR Jordy Nelson

deltarich87

8 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

And I'm fine with that.. But it's not like we did him an awesome favor paying his base non guaranteed salary during those years. That's expected. So is getting cut early or taking a pay cut. Typically you don't ask them to take 1 mil instead of 9 lol. 1.1 for Jordy Nelson... Just think about that. He's probably gonna get 7-8 million

I am going to say Nelson gets $4M in FA.   

18 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

We would sign him back for that you would think, anything below $5 million you would think we would match.

You would think.

He's gone. The Packers said good-bye. It's over. The book is closed. Time to move on. 

5 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Booked. In their entire careers has Graham ever outproduced Jordy other than the Hundley year?

They have the same number of TDs (69) with Graham playing one less season.  Jordy has about 1000 more yards than Graham again with one more season.  They aren't that different statistically.  

8 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

And I'm fine with that.. But it's not like we did him an awesome favor paying his base non guaranteed salary during those years. That's expected. So is getting cut early or taking a pay cut. Typically you don't ask them to take 1 mil instead of 9 lol. 1.1 for Jordy Nelson... Just think about that. He's probably gonna get 7-8 million

Very sad Jordy is gone, BUT it is no surprise. You guys watched him, without Arod throwing him open he had zero separation. He might have been able to contribute as long as our QB stayed healthy, but his skills have deteriorated noticeably. If you ignore the name and watch his play over the last 10 games last year- there is no way you would spend $6-7M on that guy. Then you say his name and your heart swells a little, pride and memories. He was such a class act you kind of feel like the Packers owe him something else. Pride and memories don't count for crap in the NFL. Those things are reserved for the fans.
Gute knew this would be one of his toughest calls. Jordy will be missed.

14 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Can anyone name a WR from Green Bay that left for a different team during the Rodgers era who has performed as well for that team as they did for the Packers ?  James Jones didn't.  Greg Jennings didn't.  

Charles Johnson. Lol

21 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

No. Don’t.

It wasn't you, it was him. If you love him, let him go. And if he should catch a ball for another fan, don't be jealous and cry. Celebrate his success. Cherish the memories you two had and realize sooner or later he would have probably given you a STD

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It wasn't you, it was him. If you love him, let him go. And if he should catch a ball for another fan, don't be jealous and cry. Celebrate his success. Cherish the memories you two had and realize sooner or later he would have probably given you a STD

He also went for 140 in the Super Bowl. It’s not like he was a short time girlfriend, he’s the mother of our children.

17 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Can anyone name a WR from Green Bay that left for a different team during the Rodgers era who has performed as well for that team as they did for the Packers ?  James Jones didn't.  Greg Jennings didn't.  

I can't actually though James Jones was NO WHERE NEAR the caliber of player that Jordy was and I'd argue that Jennings wasn't either.  But to be fair, I couldn't name a quality DB that we let leave under Capers either and then Hayward and Hyde made our front office  and coaching staff look like they have no idea what their doing. 

This is a wasted argument.  It happens every year.  Players that leave Green Bay are instantly garbage all while players coming are flawless pieces of art.  Flaws in Jordy's 2017 season are flaws that we'll ignore and make excuses for when looking at Jimmy Graham's 2017 season.  We're not going to tell if this was the right decision until after the season.  Hopefully he doesn't wreck our world in the same manner Brett Favre did when he left with a vendetta against Green Bay.

I think this management thought that Julius Peppers career was over when they didn't want to retain him yet he proceeded to be a more productive and dominate pass rusher than any player we had on our roster.  They picked youth over production and our defense paid a significant price for it.  Is what it is.  Hopefully Jordy signs with New England and is able to compete for a Super Bowl.  Would be interesting to face off against him in the super bowl assuming our GM can fix the raging dumpster fire we've currently got at CB.

Archived