Packers Sign DE Mo Wilkerson

Gopackgonerd

2 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Cautious about this but glad to see we’re giving him another shot. Hope he cares.

so much of this. seems like i've heard he hasn't been a great locker room guy since getting his big pay day and we just traded away a young talent in Randall for a similar reason. that being said i like the idea of adding veteran talented DL. 

add a vet CB and draft one  

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wilkerson-Clark-Daniels-Perry

Matthews-Martinez

King-Hawkins-Pipkins

HHCD-Brice

+++

We're running a 4-3 Under. Turn on your Jacksonville tape if you want to see what this looks like. Not saying we've got the horses to be Jacksonville, but that's what this looks like.

Assuming we find some god damn Cornerbacks. 

Never much liked the 4-3 Under, but portions of the legue are trending in that direction. 

Can see wilkerson playing that calais campbell position fairly well.  Gives him a chance to be really disruptive, and gives daniels more reps moving up the field and not facing double teams, but he isn't the pass rusher that malik jackson is/was.

Leaves Perry in a more natural spot for his frame, and keeps matthews off the ball in kind of a seattle bruce irvin role.  Probably means we are playing cover 3 type zone behind everything since that's been the trend for these 4-3 under teams.

35 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

HZ tonight at Applebee’s:

Server: How are you doing tonight?

HZ: Terrible!

Server: Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe some mozzarella sticks will cheer you up. 

HZ: Do they come with 3 CBs??!!

Server: Uh, they come with marinara.

HZ: Is marinara going to defend our secondary??  I don’t think so!

Server: Uh, I can give you more time if you need it...

HZ: There’s is no more time!  Free agency already started!!

actually laughed out loud

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

What really comes down to is WR, EDGE, CB for me. 

Agree. I'm not sure what WRs are out there now (or will be) - but it would be nice to at least snag a CB FA before the draft - then we're set up to make our moves / the above selections that day. 

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Can see wilkerson playing that calais campbell position fairly well.  Gives him a chance to be really disruptive, and gives daniels more reps moving up the field and not facing double teams, but he isn't the pass rusher that malik jackson is/was.

Leaves Perry in a more natural spot for his frame, and keeps matthews off the ball in kind of a seattle bruce irvin role.  Probably means we are playing cover 3 type zone behind everything since that's been the trend for these 4-3 under teams.

That's certainly what the talent looks like.

Could also just be that Gute thought he had a bargain on a high ceiling player at a high impact position.

38 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

HZ tonight at Applebee’s:

Server: How are you doing tonight?

HZ: Terrible!

Server: Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe some mozzarella sticks will cheer you up. 

HZ: Do they come with 3 CBs??!!

Server: Uh, they come with marinara.

HZ: Is marinara going to defend our secondary??  I don’t think so!

Server: Uh, I can give you more time if you need it...

HZ: There’s is no more time!  Free agency already started!!

Hope he remembered to pick up a gift card for Ryan Longwell.

Archived