Packers Sign DE Mo Wilkerson

Gopackgonerd

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

Corners? I have a feeling we're gonna land one of the two Cowboys corners. Morris Claiborne would be solid but the injuries are a concern. Signed a 1 year with NYJ last season at 5M. 

He was VERY good last season however. As a flier I’d be over the moon to see it at this point.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Just sign House and Tramon and trade for Shields. Go all in circa 2014.

I wouldn't mind House for his veteran leadership but Tramon is too old and Sam is a concussion away from retirement.  Thanks but no thanks.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A guy with one good year and four ****ty ones

A washed up former stud.

A 32 year old who was moved to Safety and then cut.

Free Agency sucks. 

This is the result though when you whiff in the draft. Randall/Rollins in 2015 had a domino effect and none of it was good. The Shields concussion thing was bad luck at the worst possible time

GB may seriously be looking at drafting CB with their 1st pick for the 3rd time in 4 yrs, all while at the same time having to spend in FA to address CB. Ouch

Packers played the Jets in the home opener back in 2014. Game was at Lambeau, perfect football day

During a 2 pt conversion, a scuffle broke out - video here

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Jets-Muhammad-Wilkerson-ejected-after-scuffle/49b07ee4-a901-476b-9df4-d0a7bac6427f

Wilkerson was ejected and on his way off the field, he gave the crowd a double finger salute...classic

6 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

This is the result though when you whiff in the draft. Randall/Rollins in 2015 had a domino effect and none of it was good. The Shields concussion thing was bad luck at the worst possible time. GB may seriously be looking at drafting CB with their 1st pick for the 3rd time in 4 yrs, all while at the same time having to spend in FA to address CB. Ouch

Agree.

Both Daniels and Clark have been overworked, so adding Wilkerson not only brings his own contribution but can help keep those two fresh. If Adams develops and Lowry keeps balling, we could have a true impact DL group.  

I fully understand the worries at CB, but it's not like regular season games begin tomorrow. Plenty of time for Gutey to add talent to that group. 

2 minutes ago, salmar80 said:

Both Daniels and Clark have been overworked, so adding Wilkerson not only brings his own contribution but can help keep those two fresh. If Adams develops and Lowry keeps balling, we could have a true impact DL group.  

I fully understand the worries at CB, but it's not like regular season games begin tomorrow. Plenty of time for Gutey to add talent to that group. 

God damnit webby give me more likes

If we are sitting in August with the same CB room we have now, with one draft pick in the first 3 rounds (other than Ward) I will start reacting to what happened. 

If we can add Pat Robinson (though I haven't seen us have interest yet), Melvin, Claiborne, Breaux and then add Ward, or Oliver, or Jaire Alexander then I will feel pretty ok, and that is still attainable. tbh if we added one of those FA and Ward I will be very happy. I'd rather have Ward than any of the FAs who signed already (but I'd rather have both)

12 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

To show them how obnoxious it is to be told how to feel and how to post and what to post. 

This is one of my pet peeves on message boards. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. You don't need to like it but don't tell someone they can't have it. If you have a constructive counterpoint to make, make it. Otherwise, opinions differ and respect that.

10 minutes ago, salmar80 said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure we are unable to make anymore moves and we should all begin our criticisms now. 

Since this is a Mo thread, I'll post about Mo.

This signing gets an A from me.  This kind of a deal is the kind of deal you get done two or three weeks into free agency.  $5M salary with $3M incentives?  Great deal for the club.  That's a prove it deal.  GB gets a nice piece of defensive line help but not much money.

That is a great get for Gute.

Depending on the incentives and how easily they are attained, you might have to consider that $$ spent.

If it is playing a set % of snaps, sacks, tackles vs pro bowl, all pro, etc.

Regardless, I would count the cap number as $8M until further details are released on the specifics on the incentives.

32 minutes ago, IBleedGreen&Gold said:

This is one of my pet peeves on message boards. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. You don't need to like it but don't tell someone they can't have it. If you have a constructive counterpoint to make, make it. Otherwise, opinions differ and respect that.

Its never been about the freedom to have an opinion or the ability to disagree. Its about being disagreeable when you do it. The ones that act like a whiny 5 year old and cannot express themselves as an adult are the main issue. They have the emotional intelligence of a small child. And then they spam the board with 50 posts whining about the same thing over and over.  What happens is next is that the intelligent folks who have actual insight to share around here, stop sharing.

That's why people push back on the emotional midgets - not because they have a different opinion, but because they use this place as their personal diaper and it leads to an overall downgrade in the quality of the board. In life, you don't demand respect, you earn it.  

McCarthy said it himself:

" Its ok to disagree, but at some point you have to stop being so ******* disagreeable" 

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Its never been about the freedom to have an opinion or the ability to disagree. Its about being disagreeable when you do it. The ones that act like a whiny 5 year old and cannot express themselves as an adult are the main issue. They have the emotional intelligence of a small child. And then they spam the board with 50 posts whining about the same thing over and over.  What happens is next is that the intelligent folks who have actual insight to share around here, stop sharing.

That's why people push back on the emotional midgets - not because they have a different opinion, but because they use this place as their personal diaper and it leads to an overall downgrade in the quality of the board. In life, you don't demand respect, you earn it.  

McCarthy said it himself:

" Its ok to disagree, but at some point you have to stop being so ******* disagreeable" 

Well said, spot on. 

Archived