Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

So he can dominate us for years to come? No thank you. Let them have Baker. Better yet, let the psychic be right and have Baker land in Arizona. 

If Rosen is on the board and we select anyone else - including Darnold - I believe we will have made a mistake until proven otherwise. 

Ya it would kill me to see us take Mayfield and then see Miami or Buffalo move up and grab Rosen. We will regret that for a long time IMO.

7 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Giants are setting a MASSIVE smokescreen to get people to bid really high on the #2 pick. They want a bidding war between the Bills, Broncos, Cards, and Miami. I think The Browns are locked into Allen for sure. I don't think the Giants want a QB at all. I think they would love to move to Denver spot and still get Barkley or Chubb plus picks. I just don't see Denver giving up what they want for the #2 pick. In the end this is what the top 5 picks will look like.

1. Allen - Browns    LOCK IT IN!

2. Barkley - Giants  They wanted to move down to get Barkley but no too far that they miss out on Barkley and Chubb. In the end they take Barkley and run with Manning for the next 3 years.

3. Darnold - Jets  The Jets are bringing him in for a visit after it was reported that they would not. I think this is more of a hint than anything. 

4. Chubb - Browns  The Browns get their guy in Chubbs to team up with Myles. 

5. Rosen - Denver  Elway played his cards right and got the QB that was second on his list. 

Interesting mock by Pat Kirwan had NYG trade 2 for 5 with Broncos for Darnold for 5 and next year's first plus additional picks this year. Giants trade ODB to SF for 9. They draft Nelson at five, trade up with the Colts for Chubb, and back into the first for Ridley.

Maybe a little imaginative, but something like this could happen.ODB could be a factor in what the Giants do at the top of the draft.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Honestly it doesn't surprise me. These guys have no reason to not like each other (all the QBs in this draft). If anything I'd imagine they might even be friends. Even Darnold and Rosen are apparently buddies and they played for rival teams. They all think they're the best in the class. And you have to have that ego to be great. In the ESPN link posted... Rosen comments on that he thinks Mayfield-Manziel comparisons are idiotic. I think they're all cheering for each other.

2 hours ago, Harris Smith said:

Interesting mock by Pat Kirwan had NYG trade 2 for 5 with Broncos for Darnold for 5 and next year's first plus additional picks this year. Giants trade ODB to SF for 9. They draft Nelson at five, trade up with the Colts for Chubb, and back into the first for Ridley.

Maybe a little imaginative, but something like this could happen.ODB could be a factor in what the Giants do at the top of the draft.

Willing to bet $100 that this won’t happen for a return of $5. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Honestly it doesn't surprise me. These guys have no reason to not like each other (all the QBs in this draft). If anything I'd imagine they might even be friends. Even Darnold and Rosen are apparently buddies and they played for rival teams. They all think they're the best in the class. And you have to have that ego to be great. In the ESPN link posted... Rosen comments on that he thinks Mayfield-Manziel comparisons are idiotic. I think they're all cheering for each other.

Considering what we know about Baker, I think this is more of the sarcastic, passive-aggressive “like”

Just now, jetskid007 said:

Considering what we know about Baker, I think this is more of the sarcastic, passive-aggressive “like”

I really don't think it is.  He has already said that each guy should answer the question that they are the best QB in the draft.  He was super supportive of Allen during the Senior Bowl.  Every nice play Allen made Baker was running down the sidelines to congratulate him.  I'm fine with people not liking his game, or his antics during games, but painting him as this terrible person seems like a bit much.

14 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I really don't think it is.  He has already said that each guy should answer the question that they are the best QB in the draft.  He was super supportive of Allen during the Senior Bowl.  Every nice play Allen made Baker was running down the sidelines to congratulate him.  I'm fine with people not liking his game, or his antics during games, but painting him as this terrible person seems like a bit much.

Nothing about what I said makes him terrible. I'd probably do the same thing. 

Ha. Was listening to the play like a jet podcast and Mark Scoefield called out Steve Young on his height. Apperently Steve Young admitted to being just 6'0". He also called out the picture of him and Farve. 

I called that a few pages back and posted a picture of Young and Favre. He likely saw the same picture. Some of these guys used to lie about their height. Now we measure guys to the fraction of an inch and there are 100's of reporters. So QB's can't lie any more. 

Archived