Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

FWIW my cousin told me the Jets are going to take Mayfield today. She's the person who tipped me on the Jets taking Hackenberg a few years ago. I'm hoping she's wrong. 

She has like inside scoop or something?

11 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I don't think it would agitate me, but I think i'd be confused.

Like i have said before I have reached the point where I have these 2 guys even, but I can see a reason for them to go either way.  If they wanted to go with Rosen over Mayfield I'd assume that they are looking for a guy that is going to be more getting things done from the pocket on time, and that they would run a ton of timing routes.  If they take Mayfield, I'd assume that they want someone that can create a bit more out of structure, and that they might be a bit concerned with Rosen's durability.  I watched some of his 2016 tape and it seemed like the guy was limping after every hit, or shaking out his arm or something.    

8 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Like i have said before I have reached the point where I have these 2 guys even, but I can see a reason for them to go either way.  If they wanted to go with Rosen over Mayfield I'd assume that they are looking for a guy that is going to be more getting things done from the pocket on time, and that they would run a ton of timing routes.  If they take Mayfield, I'd assume that they want someone that can create a bit more out of structure, and that they might be a bit concerned with Rosen's durability.  I watched some of his 2016 tape and it seemed like the guy was limping after every hit, or shaking out his arm or something.    

When I look at Rosen, I see a guy if he stays healthy, could be a perennial pro bowler.  When I look at Mayfield, I see the upside of a fringe top 10 guy who finds way to win.  I don't see anything wrong with either by any means.  I'd likely take Rosen though.  My fear is that Rosen ends up in NE.  He's very similar mentally and physically to Brady (not saying that's his upside, but you can draw numerous comparisons there). 

36 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’d be fine with taking Baker, as I view him as a future Franchise QB, but man it be difficult to not take Rosen there.

Yeah..  If MM wanted to get the exact qb then he would trade up to #1.  After trading up to #3, it strongly suggests 4 qbs of them are franchise qbs to MM's eyes.  Right now, FO splits on whoever is better 2nd or 3rd qb for Jets depending on Giants' #2.

qb6p7kidxm9z.gif

Good Luck MM.

The good thing is we haven’t had leaks with Macc in charge so I think we’re putting things out purposely. Maybe to get some team wanting Baker to jump us helping Rosen or Allen or Darnold fall or something. I just can’t see Macc letting it get out that he has his guy already in mind.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The good thing is we haven’t had leaks with Macc in charge so I think we’re putting things out purposely. Maybe to get some team wanting Baker to jump us helping Rosen or Allen or Darnold fall or something. I just can’t see Macc letting it get out that he has his guy already in mind.

He is basically presiding over qb debate.  No?

23 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’d be fine with taking Baker, as I view him as a future Franchise QB, but man it be difficult to not take Rosen there.

Macc is going to have to make a tough decision. I like both those guys about equally. I'd personally be afraid either way. If we take Rosen and Mayfield lands in our division and becomes a probowler. And viceversa. I feel like Buffalo is getting the guy we don't take. Buffalo is running the offense the Pats run. So I'm sure they are drooling for Rosen. 

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

She has like inside scoop or something?

She's a publicist for a few very notable NFL players. Top client is Josh Norman. Used to work for George Whitfield and the Carolina Panthers. She gets most of her information from agents and her connections from scouts she worked with in Carolina and George himself. For all I know she can just be relaying information that the media is saying, but usually she's pretty good at finding out stuff. Knows I'm a big Jets fan so she usually tells me anything that's relevant as she hears it. 

Archived