Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

22 minutes ago, DowNY said:

https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/986729530248351744

Tony Pauline hearing from one source that Baker to Jets is a done deal

Pretty reliable source.

but how can it be a done deal when we pick 3rd? Nobody knows yet what Cleveland and NYG want to do. Unless they know  we are the only ones That have Baker at the top of our board.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As a Texas Tech alum I even hated drafting Amaro over AR15. I was also screaming for Cooks over Pryor. Also wanted Bryant.

Wow spot on.  I have to admit I was fine with the Amaro pick though A-Rob might have been my favorite player in that draft.  Cooks was one of my favorites that year and I was really unhappy with Pryor.  I was calling for Martavis as we took scrub after scrub.  

This whole board wanted Cooks. It was nearly unanimous, which is pretty rare - especially when you're talking about the 18th pick. While many, including myself, got behind the Pryor pick, I know most of us thought it was a huge mistake to pass on Cooks. Pretty crazy to think that 4 years later, footballsfuture.com fan board > John Idzik, NFL Executive

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

This whole board wanted Cooks. It was nearly unanimous, which is pretty rare - especially when you're talking about the 18th pick. While many, including myself, got behind the Pryor pick, I know most of us thought it was a huge mistake to pass on Cooks. Pretty crazy to think that 4 years later, footballsfuture.com fan board > John Idzik, NFL Executive

I also clearly remembering you and I both liking Deion Jones significantly more than that of Darron Lee a couple years ago as well. Who oddly was picked right after we drafted Hack in Round 2 that year.

I've been screaming for us to draft WRs and RBs high for years now with no such luck of us addressing it. At least finally this year we look to break our streak of like 8 straight defenders drafted in Round 1.

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

Wow spot on.  I have to admit I was fine with the Amaro pick though A-Rob might have been my favorite player in that draft.  Cooks was one of my favorites that year and I was really unhappy with Pryor.  I was calling for Martavis as we took scrub after scrub.  

I really did think that OBJ would be there for us that draft and was hoping we'd get him. When we went I thought we'd for sure go Cooks. After we messed up and didn't draft him, I thought for sure we'd draft AR15, Landry or Adams (all very good WRs) and yet we passed on all of them again. To put icing on it all we draft an injured Dexter McDougle that draft when I loved Trai Turner and Gabe Jackson at OG that draft and couldn't believe they were still there in the 3rd. We then in Round 4 draft Jalen freaking Saunders and Shaq freaking Evans after missing out on several star WRs. I wanted Aaron Colvin bad that draft (who ahs turned out to be very good like I thought) and obviously Bryant over either of these 2 awful WR draft picks. We just cant seem to land good skill position guys in the draft period. And that's why I scream for them every year. Sadly I don't think we draft a WR at all this year being we have like 16 on the roster. I also don't think we draft a RB which IMO will be a big mistake. Powell and Rawls should have no holding power on this roster to where we think RB isn't a need. I'd imagine there will be a pretty decent RB that I'll really want us to get in Round 3 or 4 this year. But I expect us to go Edge (which I'm OK with) and CB or OL with the other pick.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I also clearly remembering you and I both liking Deion Jones significantly more than that of Darron Lee a couple years ago as well. Who oddly was picked right after we drafted Hack in Round 2 that year.

I've been screaming for us to draft WRs and RBs high for years now with no such luck of us addressing it. At least finally this year we look to break our streak of like 8 straight defenders drafted in Round 1.

I was high on him, but I did like Lee pretty highly too... I understood what they were trying to do by selecting Lee; it was apples to apples for me. In regards to Cooks, I thought the Jets made a mistake. He was a significantly better player at a more premium position. Pryor made all those highlight real hits, but his measurables didn't stack up. We also didn't know that he would turn out to be a poor character player. Idzik sat in the room with this guy, evaluated, him, and essentially determined he was worth a 1st round pick. You don't pick a safety in the top 20 picks, IMO, unless they're transcendent in one way or another. Pryor was an undersized big hitter with sub-par athleticism who wasn't required to cover much in college. It wasn't a recipe for "1st round pick"... HaHa Clinton-Dix made more sense, but even drafting him over Cooks would've been a mistake. Still think Idzik made the pick in spite of Rex, who we know now wanted a receiver... it was curious at the time too because while many felt Pryor was a Rex Ryan-style player, he never valued safeties. 

59 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Man I really lost hope with this team. We traded a lot for a QB we could have gotten at 6. I see Mayfield as a bust, looks like this franchise is being set back a long time.

Yes we did give up a lot to move to three, but staying a six was no guarantee one of the three top QB's in the draft will be there when we pick at six. Is it possible that one of the QB''s could drop to six, absolutely, but the Jets can't take that gamble. The odds now are the top three QB's will be gone by the sixth pick. Mac made the right move.

44 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I wish by some miracle that Darnold falls to 3. The Browns stupidly take Allen over Darnold, then the Giants go Barkley.  That would be the best outcome. 

For the last fifty years the only So Cal QB who has been a top NFL QB is Carson Palmer, Cody Kessler is a ok backup. But look at the So Cal QB who failed in the NFL. Todd Marinovich, Mark Sanchez. Matt Barkley, Pat Haden, Matt Leinart, Vince Evans, Rob Johnson, Rodney Peete who was a good backup, some of these players were very high draft picks. It is really surreal when you think of all the great players to come out of So Cal. and only one is a QB. Let hope if we do draft Sam Darnold, he will be different. After all the second round draft picks we gave up to move up in the draft, we can afford to screw this pick up. I have no problem if Darnold, is our pick, I prefer Rosen or Mayfield.

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

For the last fifty years the only So Cal QB who has been a top NFL QB is Carson Palmer, Cody Kessler is a ok backup. But look at the So Cal QB who failed in the NFL. Todd Marinovich, Mark Sanchez. Matt Barkley, Pat Haden, Matt Leinart, Vince Evans, Rob Johnson, Rodney Peete who was a good backup, some of these players were very high draft picks. It is really surreal when you think of all the great players to come out of So Cal. and only one is a QB. Let hope if we do draft Sam Darnold, he will be different. After all the second round draft picks we gave up to move up in the draft, we can afford to screw this pick up. I have no problem if Darnold, is our pick, I prefer Rosen or Mayfield.

I think a schools history is QBs means pretty much nothing. I mean let’s look at OU who have they produced at QB? Bradford? Aikman played at both OU and UCLA. Let’s also look at UCLAs QBs... Brett Hundley?

My point being a schools history at QB means nothing. To say we should be weary of Darnold bc of USCs QBs history is lazy. Same as it would be to say it for Mayfield and OU and Rosen and UCLA.

I love the history you give @doumeyer but comparing anything football related outside the last 10 years or so to the modern day NFL is like comparing apples to oranges.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think a schools history is QBs means pretty much nothing. I mean let’s look at OU who have they produced at QB? Bradford? Aikman played at both OU and UCLA. Let’s also look at UCLAs QBs... Brett Hundley?

My point being a schools history at QB means nothing. To say we should be weary of Darnold bc of USCs QBs history is lazy. Same as it would be to say it for Mayfield and OU and Rosen and UCLA.

I love the history you give @doumeyer but comparing anything football related outside the last 10 years or so to the modern day NFL is like comparing apples to oranges.

Yeah, I agree.  How many QB's beyond Wentz have come from NDSU?

13 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Pretty reliable source.

but how can it be a done deal when we pick 3rd? Nobody knows yet what Cleveland and NYG want to do. Unless they know  we are the only ones That have Baker at the top of our board.

Hope we don’t bypass Rosen and Darnold for Baker. If both are gone then fair enough but Rosen especially will be a true franchise qb and I’m not 100 percent sold on Baker. 

Archived