Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

I have a feeling Mac is going to trade down in the 3rd to try and pick up an extra 4th or so, but we'll see.  Rams could be a great target.  They have 3 4th rounders.  It'd be cool if we could drop down from 72 to 87 and pick up their 2 comped 4ths. 

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I have a feeling Mac is going to trade down in the 3rd to try and pick up an extra 4th or so, but we'll see.  Rams could be a great target.  They have 3 4th rounders.  It'd be cool if we could drop down from 72 to 87 and pick up their 2 comped 4ths. 

Any player you get that late in the draft will be a crap shoot. The further you drop in the draft the odds go down and the chance of getting a good player are slim. And Mac record with his late round picks suck.

10 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Agree about the Rams. They've been aggressive this off-season as well. 

Macc has traded down in the 3rd with all his pick except 1. 

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Actually had a similar trade in my mock. Jets trade 72 to the Rams for picks 87 and 111. 

10 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

There has been speculation that Josh Rosen isn’t on our draft board, which is really confusing if true.

I don't get it either. Not sure I buy it. The ONLY reason we would have him off our draft board is medical related. The shoulder thing can't be it. Maybe the concussion issue is a big deal. Are teams allowed to take a look at a players prior cat scans? Rosen likely had a cat scan done after his first or second concussion.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

I don't get it either. Not sure I buy it. The ONLY reason we would have him off our draft board is medical related. The shoulder thing can't be it. Maybe the concussion issue is a big deal. Are teams allowed to take a look at a players prior cat scans? Rosen likely had a cat scan done after his first or second concussion.

I still think if passion for the game isn’t there or they don’t get the gut feeling it’s there that’s grounds too. 

Not saying he does or he doesn’t but they’ve met him if he rubbed them the wrong way on that feeling would be reason to take him off.

Most players drafted early have the talent and physical skill ... work ethic and drive are needed to achieve greatness though.

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

There has been speculation that Josh Rosen isn’t on our draft board, which is really confusing if true.

This would be awful if true. Then again Macc has never in his career shown the ability to draft a franchise QB... so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Cleveland apparently is down to Baker and Allen. This came out of left field. I officially don't believe anything that has been put out there in the last two weeks.

News that has held up for longer than a week: Denver is eyeing a QB, Cleveland is going Allen or Darnold, the Giants are going Darnold or Barkley, the Jets are going Rosen or Mayfield.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Cleveland apparently is down to Baker and Allen. This came out of left field. I officially don't believe anything that has been put out there in the last two weeks.

News that has held up for longer than a week: Denver is eyeing a QB, Cleveland is going Allen or Darnold, the Giants are going Darnold or Barkley, the Jets are going Rosen or Mayfield.

My QB rankings are still...

1. Rosen

2. Darnold

3. Mayfield 

4. Allen

Nothing can change that in the next 6 days unless someone gets arrested for something stupid.

4 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

And people have compared Rosen to Cutler.  These guys have no clue.  They're just comps.  

Touche

But the Cutler comparison is from an attitude stand point, the Keenum one is regarding skill set even though I think it’s slightly off. 

15 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Where is this coming from?

13 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Where is this coming from?

Dustin Fox - Cleveland reporter. Apparently Browns coaches aren't high on Darnold.

I'm going to stop checking twitter. I was enjoying all this stuff until today.

Archived