Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

So many reasons to believe the pick is not Allen. Not just scheme, but too big of a project, too big of a risk. Chris Johnson also said Jets fans will be happy with the pick. If they even have a slight sense of what Jets fans want, they know not to pick Allen. The other 3 are fair game with that comment.

My guess is Macc has Rosen and Darnold at the top in some order. The coaches have Rosen and Mayfield. I think Rosen and Darnold will be there when we pick and maybe Baker. But Rosen will be the pick. Just going off comments from coaches, Macc from the past. 

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

So many reasons to believe the pick is not Allen. Not just scheme, but too big of a project, too big of a risk. Chris Johnson also said Jets fans will be happy with the pick. If they even have a slight sense of what Jets fans want, they know not to pick Allen. The other 3 are fair game with that comment.

My guess is Macc has Rosen and Darnold at the top in some order. The coaches have Rosen and Mayfield. I think Rosen and Darnold will be there when we pick and maybe Baker. But Rosen will be the pick. Just going off comments from coaches, Macc from the past. 

I didn't catch that quote from CJ

Sounds a little Mayfield-ish o_0

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I didn't catch that quote from CJ

Sounds a little Mayfield-ish o_0

I think it was during the owners meeting in March that he said it. I don't recall exactly but I thought it was interesting for him to say something like that. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

I think Mac is going to build up his trade value in the pre-season and try to swing him in a trade personally.

Really hope the goal isn't just to build up Hack to trade him for a 7th rounder and we focus on developing our #3 pick instead.  Cut bait and move on the guy is terrible.

If Darnold is there at #3, it's because of Macc. lol Leo wasn't supposed to fall to our pick and Adams wasn't supposed to either. 

I still doubt the Browns skipping Darnold, but that would be really interesting for Macc to have his choice of any QB in this draft at #3 after only giving up 3 second round picks. 

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Really hope the goal isn't just to build up Hack to trade him for a 7th rounder and we focus on developing our #3 pick instead.  Cut bait and move on the guy is terrible.

Hack costs nothing. Keep him around, see what he does if he doesn’t have it then move along. 

I’d bring 4 QBs to camp. Remember McCown is gone after this year and he’ll likely join the staff at some point, Teddy is on a year prove it deal and Hack literally costs nothing and he’s what 22 y/o. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Hack costs nothing. Keep him around, see what he does if he doesn’t have it then move along. 

I’d bring 4 QBs to camp. Remember McCown is gone after this year and he’ll likely join the staff at some point, Teddy is on a year prove it deal and Hack literally costs nothing and he’s what 22 y/o. 

We do have about 1000 WR's for them to throw too, need a few extra arms.

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Although Hack sucks, I agree with this

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

He might end up being a good backup then we can call him Backupberg. 

I’ll exit the thread now.

We can also play a rendition of "Back that @ss up" dubbed over with "Hack up" for when he comes in to close games

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Most likely you get enough snaps for 2 guys in camp.  Teddy if healthy and the #3 guy are the two you want getting the snaps.  McCown will likely sit out most of the time like he did last year.  The other guy will get minimal snaps and garbage time in preseason.  Not nearly enough to raise his trade value.  He's just not worth the effort.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Most likely you get enough snaps for 2 guys in camp.  Teddy if healthy and the #3 guy are the two you want getting the snaps.  McCown will likely sit out most of the time like he did last year.  The other guy will get minimal snaps and garbage time in preseason.  Not nearly enough to raise his trade value.  He's just not worth the effort.

Raise who’s trade value? Teddy? Or Backupberg?

Archived