Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

16 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Exactly my point .. 32 teams.  2 QBs around six feet.  Rodger is 6'2" and has a canon for an arm compared to Mayfield.

All three of those guys were not top 5 or 10 picks as well.  Not saying Mayfield can't or won't be a good QB.  Saying he is not going top 5 because of height. 

Tyrod, Dalton is 6’2, Teddy B is 6’2, Keenum is 6’1, etc. RG3 was 6’2 and went 2nd overall.  I think people will look past the height but we’ll see 

8 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I’m not going to spend the time looking up each source I’ve seen, feel free to do that on your own. But go check out Benjamin Allbright’s Twitter, he’s been saying it for some time. He’s proven to be plugged into he Jets FO and called the Jets interest in Hack way before anyone else.

While I’ve seen Peter King and Louis Riddick mock Mayfield to the Jets, it seemed much more like them liking the player/fit rather than it being based on any sources.

Allbright is not a good reporter.  He also said the Jets were a lock to take a QB in the first last year and that he was convinced that Demayrius was going to be a jet in 2016. 

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Tyrod, Dalton is 6’2, Teddy B is 6’2, Keenum is 6’1, etc. RG3 was 6’2 and went 2nd overall.  I think people will look past the height but we’ll see 

Again those non RG3 guys were not top 5 picks AND they are taller than Mayfield.  RG3 is out of the league, not a great example for your argument.  Fits more into my argument as to why a small QB does not get drafted high - potential injury concerns with a small guy. 

I disagree on draft position with you on Mayfield.  And I think there is 0% chance we traded up for him.  As you said, we will see though. 

3 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Again those non RG3 guys were not top 5 picks AND they are taller than Mayfield.  RG3 is out of the league, not a great example for your argument.  Fits more into my argument as to why a small QB does not get drafted high - potential injury concerns with a small guy. 

I disagree on draft position with you on Mayfield.  And I think there is 0% chance we traded up for him.  As you said, we will see though. 

Height has nothing to do with injuries. Baker is 215. For comparison, Kirk is listed at 202. 

20 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Allbright is not a good reporter.  He also said the Jets were a lock to take a QB in the first last year and that he was convinced that Demayrius was going to be a jet in 2016. 

So Rich Cimini doesn’t count either? Because he has reported that the Jets are high on Allen. Fans are much higher on Mayfield than the NFL, outside of a few teams (the Jets not being one of them IMO).

Right or wrong, teams are terrified of short QBs. Let alone one that comes from an offensive system that doesn’t translate to the NFL. If Mayfield’s demeanor and personality wasn’t so likeable I don’t believe he would be viewed as highly.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Height has nothing to do with injuries. Baker is 215. For comparison, Kirk is listed at 202. 

Tell that to the 6'1", 215 guy that gets sacked on blind side by the 250-275 lb OLB/DL!  LOL

Bottom line, and we both will see, Mayfield does not go top 5. And I believe one reason is height and other reason is the offense he was in as well as his conference and bad d rep. 

33 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

So Rich Cimini doesn’t count either? Because he has reported that the Jets are high on Allen. Fans are much higher on Mayfield than the NFL, outside of a few teams (the Jets not being one of them IMO).

Right or wrong, teams are terrified of short QBs. Let alone one that comes from an offensive system that doesn’t translate to the NFL. If Mayfield’s demeanor and personality wasn’t so likeable I don’t believe he would be viewed as highly.

Cimini is reputable but there are plenty reputable reporters who are reporting the opposite. Nobody really knows. 

30 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Tell that to the 6'1", 215 guy that gets sacked on blind side by the 250-275 lb OLB/DL!  LOL

Bottom line, and we both will see, Mayfield does not go top 5. And I believe one reason is height and other reason is the offense he was in as well as his conference and bad d rep. 

215 is a fine playing weight for a QB, never the less someone at 6’1

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

I see Rosen as Eli but a little worse

Allen I think your close on the Cam Newton comp, I see him as half way between cam newton and Rothlisbeger. A lot of it honestly for me depends on worth ethic which is hard for us to tell but it does seem Allen is able to learn. But also I see some of Farve in there too, bit of self confidence and never say die gunslinging.

Obviously I’m a bit of an optimist For sure because there are plenty of rough patches in his film ... but cam also occasionally threw complete ducks in college due to mechanics and he’s cleaned them up and improved (tho his play style leads to him taking a beating)

farve was often over aggressive and made dumb throws on the confidence in his arm but also high risk and reward plays.

and like rothlisbeger I think he’s gonna be hard to bring down and create a lot of plays in chaos.

and to me I think creating plays in the chaos is a  Key trait for a Qb especially breaking the play for the defense, I think Allen has the most potential to do that well as he was pretty much forced into it during college constantly. While I think Rosen is excellent in the pocket and does step into pressure and deliver throws, don’t see as much excellence in true chaos.

whoever we draft I’m sure that our coaching staff will be sold on him tho.

I don';t see anything that Eli does better than Rosen at this point in their careers.  Rosen is a better thrower of the football, and I think he has a higher ceiling as far as his mental game.

2 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I don';t see anything that Eli does better than Rosen at this point in their careers.  Rosen is a better thrower of the football, and I think he has a higher ceiling as far as his mental game.

Eli had no durability questions coming out. 

8 hours ago, rampantjet said:

My brother is a giants fan so I saw a ton of Eli last year. For the most part he wasn’t the problem ... his o line let him get murdered his wrs didn’t exist first off after he lost his 1 and 2.... he had no threatening running game

and he still looked highly competent.

completed over 60% almost threw for 3500 yards ... 

put Rosen in there forget about play I think he doesn’t finish the season because of how many hits he woulda taken

Eli’s escapabilty is more natural and way more effective (strictly in the pocket)

47 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

My brother is a giants fan so I saw a ton of Eli last year. For the most part he wasn’t the problem ... his o line let him get murdered his wrs didn’t exist first off after he lost his 1 and 2.... he had no threatening running game

and he still looked highly competent.

completed over 60% almost threw for 3500 yards ... 

put Rosen in there forget about play I think he doesn’t finish the season because of how many hits he woulda taken

Eli’s escapabilty is more natural and way more effective (strictly in the pocket)

Well ya Eli is more advanced than Rosen at this point, but the dude has been in then league a million years.  I am comparing rookie Eli to rookie Rosen.  

52 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Well ya Eli is more advanced than Rosen at this point, but the dude has been in then league a million years.  I am comparing rookie Eli to rookie Rosen.  

sorry misread it then

but still think eli was the clear no 1 that drag ... also think he moved better even back then

Archived