Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Learn how to talk to people on here or further actions will be taken. Thank you

Which part upsets you greatly?  Mayfield being one of top considerations for Jets at #3?   Jets traded up to #3 before they actually complete their homework at qb.  All 4 qbs are equal in March. By the last week of April, we may see some separation between top qbs for Jets.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Which part upsets you greatly?  Mayfield being one of top considerations for Jets at #3? Well, suck it up.  Jets traded up to #3 before they actually complete their homework at qb.  All 4 qbs are equal in March. By the last week of April, we may see some separation between top qbs for Jets.

No you talking down to other posters. It’s nit how this forum is ran and you’ve now been warned. You can make a debate and leave it at that. There’s no reason to the end of your comment write Sorry. And this is not even close to the 1st time you’ve talked down to me and other posters. I’ll leave this conversation at that. If you want to continue talking about how to debate on her PM me.

Getting jabbed by Q J is like having Don Rickles crack a a joke about your weight,  he's one of the old characters from this forum.

On Mayfied, I've been hearing guys like former Q B Jim Miller and Charlie Weiss say that Mayfied would be a perfect fit with Bates offense. They were arguing Jets should pass on Cousins and sign McCown as the bridge, so there are football pros making the argument for Mayfiold. As Bowles points out, different players fit different markets and situations unique to the team.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Idk man, Jets play things close to the vest. Not that it isn’t believable but more that I doubt something like this would get out and if so it’s probably a smoke screen. Idk just doesn’t seem like something we’d let out right now.

I think Rosen is not only the best QB in the draft but the most likely to succeed. I think the only thing that will hold him back is injuries. But with how protected QBs are in the NFL now... that's not as big of an issue.

I was listening to Chad on a podcast and basically he said he thinks Allen is the rawest with the most upside, Rosen has the best set of tools right now, and Mayfield is an underrated passer but needs an offense tailored around his height like Brees and Wilson to be successful.  Sounds about right IMO

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Idk man, Jets play things close to the vest. Not that it isn’t believable but more that I doubt something like this would get out and if so it’s probably a smoke screen. Idk just doesn’t seem like something we’d let out right now.

According to this article, Jets said nothing about zeroing on Mayfield.  Bowles put up the positive statement about Mayfield.  That's all.

In different article or internet passage, Bowles said he believed Mayfield could play in NFL level. It has nothing to do with him wanting Mayfield to be a Jet. As known as a smokescreen. Is it? lol.

Bills are still high on Nate Peterson so they may not threaten to trade ahead of Jets. umm.  Cardinals and Broncos are "locked" with starter and back up qb for two seasons so they have no reason to hurry up and make a deal for top qb.

There is a good chance to witness two qbs taken in top 5.  Darnold and Rosen.

Watching some Allen highlights and I noticed he loved throwing to Gentry in 2016. In fact Gentry caught for 1.360yds and 14TDs that year. This should be considered when you see the drop off of his production. I still rank him 4th of the QBs, but the talent Allen played with should be considered.

I am having a really hard time figuring out this QB class.  I have watched more of these guys than is probably healthy, and I have gone back and forth on all of them.  Here is how my rankings stand right now.  I left out Darnold because I don't think we really have a chance at him. 

1a- Mayfield-  I just really like how this kid plays.  Talk about his height all you want but he has the best in play processor of any of these guys imo.  His unreal stats while under pressure tell the story.  Talk about his superior team all you want but plays under pressure kind of takes that out of the equation as much as anything.  The last thing is i just like the kid.  That shouldn't factor into it, but i am a fan of the team who wants to root for someone, and he is the easiest dude for me to root for.  I can see how some might be turned off by his personality, but I love it and I think he brings a fire we have needed on offense forever.

1b- Rosen-  Rosen is the best guy in this draft on plays that go to plan.  When he has protection and things are happening on time you can generally count on things going well.  Though he is probably the worst of these guys when things don't go to plan.  He doesn't have the athleticism or creativity to handle pressure, and I don't think he has the best feel for the pocket.  Add in his injury past and that bumps him down a bit.

2. Allen- Probably the highest ceiling, but the most to work on.  While I think he has a better chance of fixing his accuracy than Hack he still has some fixing to do which is always troubling, especially with our history of developing QB's.  

3. Lamar-  Just throwing him in because I love watching him play.  I know he isn't our target at 3 but he is just fun.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

I was listening to Chad on a podcast and basically he said he thinks Allen is the rawest with the most upside, Rosen has the best set of tools right now, and Mayfield is an underrated passer but needs an offense tailored around his height like Brees and Wilson to be successful.  Sounds about right IMO

I'm surprised Chad didn't become a coach

12 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I am having a really hard time figuring out this QB class.  I have watched more of these guys than is probably healthy, and I have gone back and forth on all of them.  Here is how my rankings stand right now.  I left out Darnold because I don't think we really have a chance at him. 

1a- Mayfield-  I just really like how this kid plays.  Talk about his height all you want but he has the best in play processor of any of these guys imo.  His unreal stats while under pressure tell the story.  Talk about his superior team all you want but plays under pressure kind of takes that out of the equation as much as anything.  The last thing is i just like the kid.  That shouldn't factor into it, but i am a fan of the team who wants to root for someone, and he is the easiest dude for me to root for.  I can see how some might be turned off by his personality, but I love it and I think he brings a fire we have needed on offense forever.

1b- Rosen-  Rosen is the best guy in this draft on plays that go to plan.  When he has protection and things are happening on time you can generally count on things going well.  Though he is probably the worst of these guys when things don't go to plan.  He doesn't have the athleticism or creativity to handle pressure, and I don't think he has the best feel for the pocket.  Add in his injury past and that bumps him down a bit.

2. Allen- Probably the highest ceiling, but the most to work on.  While I think he has a better chance of fixing his accuracy than Hack he still has some fixing to do which is always troubling, especially with our history of developing QB's.  

3. Lamar-  Just throwing him in because I love watching him play.  I know he isn't our target at 3 but he is just fun.

I do think that Rosen should be below Allen for that reason, he didn’t make big plays when things fell apart from what the initial call and read told him (especially if he had to move)

and I absolutely believe that is a trait a QB needs to be elite in today’s NFL

also of the top 5 I think his arm may be the worst in terms of arm strength 

and his stats are padded with quick dump offs and screens. As well as the fact he made a lotta throws on crossers over the middle short to medium depth. Didn’t see that many big deep passes on time and without slowing down receivers.

44 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Bills are still high on Nate Peterson so they may not threaten to trade ahead of Jets. umm.  Cardinals and Broncos are "locked" with starter and back up qb for two seasons so they have no reason to hurry up and make a deal for top qb.

There is a good chance to witness two qbs taken in top 5.  Darnold and Rosen.

I don't think we will see any more trades in the top 6. Going on a limb there. But I think the Giants and Browns stay put. Just a hunch based the idea that the Giants, Browns and Colts want one of the 3-4 non-QB premium players. Once you get out of the top 8, the talent level flattens out bit. 

Archived