Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

Definitely not a stand alone definer but it doesnt have some value. (Same time it isnt a full on defining thing) ... Just saying Id rather have a guy who knew it was coming and prepared rather than one who blew it off and score like a 23-24 or below 

That's a good point as well. Speaks to how serious said QB is taking the process. These guys are making the leap to becoming professionals. No more HS fun and games. Have to put in the time. Not sure what my threshold would be. But It'll likely be around what you said. Which means only Lamar gets the red flag. It's just another data point. Like many have said, it's probably one of the least important, but it is still a data point that will help you better understand a player. 

The wonderlic is meaningless, but it's not. There are a lot more successful QBs that have scored with high marks (above 30) than there are busts (players who went into the NFL with high expectations that didn't pan out). There also seems to be a correlation between players who scored low (19 or below) that were good, but needed more time to hit their stride (Jeff George, Kordell Stewart, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Jim Kelly, Vinny Testaverde, Daunte Culpepper). What makes it tough is that a lot of the older players didn't prepare for it like sone do today - nor was their education as good - which makes it hard to incorporate as accurate data. 

The best stat I've seen is this: 

Here are the present Super Bowl winning quarterbacks currently active in the NFL and their Wonderlic scores: Eli Manning 39 Aaron Rodgers 35 Tom Brady 33 Drew Brees 28 Russell Wilson 28 Joe Flacco 27 Ben Roethlisberger 25

Also, for your viewing pleasure... every 1st round QB since 2000, red being the clear busts: 

Name Position Score YEAR
Blaine Gabbert Quarterback 42 2011
Alex Smith Quarterback 40 2005
Carson Wentz Quarterback 40 2016
Eli Manning Quarterback 39 2004
Matthew Stafford Quarterback 38 2009
Andrew Luck Quarterback 37 2012
Jared Goff Quarterback 36 2016
Aaron Rodgers Quarterback 35 2005
Christian Ponder Quarterback 35 2011
Matt Leinart Quarterback 35 2006
Ryan Tannehill Quarterback 34 2012
Marcus Mariota Quarterback 33 2015
Joey Harrington Quarterback 32 2002
Johnny Manziel Quarterback 32 2015
Matt Ryan Quarterback 32 2008
Patrick Ramsey Quarterback 32 2002
JP Losman Quarterback 31 2004
Philip Rivers Quarterback 30 2004
Brady Quinn Quarterback 29 2007
Rex Grossman Quarterback 29 2003
Blake Bortles Quarterback 28 2014
Mark Sanchez Quarterback 28 2009
Brandon Weeden Quarterback 27 2012
Jameis Winston Quarterback 27 2015
Joe Flacco Quarterback 27 2008
Josh Freeman Quarterback 27 2009
Kyle Boller Quarterback 27 2003
Carson Palmer Quarterback 26 2003
Jay Cutler Quarterback 26 2006
Ben Roethlisberger Quarterback 25 2004
Byron Leftwich Quarterback 25 2003
Chad Pennington Quarterback 25 2000
David Carr Quarterback 24 2002
JaMarcus Russell Quarterback 24 2007
Robert Griffin III Quarterback 24 2012
Jason Campbell Quarterback 23 2005
Tim Tebow Quarterback 22 2010
Cam Newton Quarterback 21 2012
Jake Locker Quarterback 20 2012
Michael Vick Quarterback 20 2001
Teddy Bridgewater Quarterback 20 2014
Vince Young Quarterback 6 2006

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Has anyone put any thought into the fact that Woody is in the Trump administration and Rosen, who is supposed to be very outspoken, well you know, wore that hat?

His brother is running the show now and is much more moderate. Also, that was 2 years ago. His outspokenness has dialed down a lot. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

His brother is running the show now and is much more moderate. Also, that was 2 years ago. His outspokenness has dialed down a lot. 

Yes his brother is “running the show” but it’s still Woodys team. I pray Woody isn’t that inept 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yes his brother is “running the show” but it’s still Woodys team. I pray Woody isn’t that inept 

I think Christopher Johnson's statement about the anthem was enough proof that either A) Woody is operating through his brother and won't let politics get in the way; or B) Christopher is in fact running the show

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Has anyone put any thought into the fact that Woody is in the Trump administration and Rosen, who is supposed to be very outspoken, well you know, wore that hat?

Let's hope he will lose the re-election. lol.  Honestly, I don't know how is Woody feeling about him.  I will take the risk because Trump won't be in the office forever.  2 or 6 years.  Rosen' rookie contract is up to 5 years.

23 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

No its not. Woody, Chris, and their mother all have equal shares. Woody is simply the face. As per Bart Scott on the FAN about a week ago. Assuming he would know since he was employed by them. 

EDIT: Not sure how true this is since their was no way to look it up, but that was absolutely what he said when they were talking about Woody being in England and Chris running the team. Bart specified that the ownership of the team was always all 3, Woody being the face and being the most involved and the mother and brother being silent partners. Just thought it was interesting and curious if anyone else heard this.

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Let's hope he will lose the re-election. lol.  Honestly, I don't know how is Woody feeling about him.  I will take the risk because Trump won't be in the office forever.  2 or 6 years.  Rosen' rookie contract is up to 5 years.

I dont let politics deter me from who I root for in sports unless you are blatantly disrespecting our country like Kaep and other players did. I am a conservative, and I dont agree with Rosen what so ever, but if I didnt like players for their political elegance I would probably hate more than half of this team realistically. Sports is an escape from all the truly #$@%ed up things that happen in this world. Josh Rosen is certainly entitled to his opinion, and I think he would think twice years later to say something as brash as he did over social media. Either way, I hope whoever we take at 3 develops very nicely for us for once. I am a Josh Rosen fan despite the politics, but after watching more and more film on the other 3, Im beginning to feel more comfortable with who ever we decide to take, even Josh Allen. 

Aside from using poor judgment in expressing his political views, his father is a renowned physician, he comes from big money. Bart  Scott made a good point about how his family will react should he suffer another head injury. In other words, how committed is he to football? 

2 minutes ago, Harris Smith said:

Aside from using poor judgment in expressing his political views, his father is a renowned physician, he comes from big money. Bart  Scott made a good point about how his family will react should he suffer another head injury. In other words, how committed is he to football? 

Yup.  He keeps dropping down my list more for off the field concerns like this and others .  I am at Darnold, Allen, Mayfield and Rosen now.

20 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I dont let politics deter me from who I root for in sports unless you are blatantly disrespecting our country like Kaep and other players did. I am a conservative, and I dont agree with Rosen what so ever, but if I didnt like players for their political elegance I would probably hate more than half of this team realistically. Sports is an escape from all the truly #$@%ed up things that happen in this world. Josh Rosen is certainly entitled to his opinion, and I think he would think twice years later to say something as brash as he did over social media. Either way, I hope whoever we take at 3 develops very nicely for us for once. I am a Josh Rosen fan despite the politics, but after watching more and more film on the other 3, Im beginning to feel more comfortable with who ever we decide to take, even Josh Allen. 

He can do anything he wants during off season.  His future team will be prepared for social media outcry.  Many players got busted for drugs, physical abuse, DUI, etc.  They definitely are worse than Rosen's history of being smart aleck.

Hopefully, he slows down as he ages for Jets' sake in long term.

41 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

For the Jets, it is better for Trump to win again. Keep Woody away from this team. If we can get some traction before he gets back, we might be able to build something. 

Archived