Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

48 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

We are probably going to scare someone into trading us out of the 3rd pick for Barkley or Chubb and end up with Allen at #4 or #5

Dont hate my prediction...since you can all see the future about the QB's

We aren’t trading out of 3.

1 hour ago, jetfan8178 said:

We are probably going to scare someone into trading us out of the 3rd pick for Barkley or Chubb and end up with Allen at #4 or #5

Dont hate my prediction...since you can all see the future about the QB's

I would bet all of my meager possessions that we don't trade back from 3.  

On 3/30/2018 at 4:39 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

That's what I'm saying, looking at pure completion percentage is misleading as hell.

Agree with you.  Brett Favre had a 52.4% completion percentage for his college career at So Miss.  I love Parcells but I don't think his 60% threshold number is an absolute.  I have watched Allen highlights and IMO he is the real deal.  Cannon for an arm (as a matter of fact a lot of his incompletions where deep balls that I think NFL talent receivers will help increase that percentage).  Mobile.  Competitive. Has displayed touch at times. Big frame.  Does he have things to work on?  Hell yes but I think he might have the most upside in the draft.  More and more I am hoping he is our guy at 3. 

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Agree with you.  Brett Favre had a 52.4% completion percentage for his college career at So Miss.  I love Parcells but I don't think his 60% threshold number is an absolute.  I have watched Allen highlights and IMO he is the real deal.  Cannon for an arm (as a matter of fact a lot of his incompletions where deep balls that I think NFL talent receivers will help increase that percentage).  Mobile.  Competitive. Has displayed touch at times. Big frame.  Does he have things to work on?  Hell yes but I think he might have the most upside in the draft.  More and more I am hoping he is our guy at 3. 

I've watched too much of these QBs but especially Allen ... hated him for his stats coming in but after watching him play really do like a lot of what I see.

I completely get the argument that hes raw in some aspects, but I do think thats a lazy observation of him and also doesnt give him enough credit.

Ive seen him make pre snap checks to his protections and routes (not very often but it does happen) ... Ive seen him try and look off a safety and come back late to the other side and throw the ball into a opening he made with his eyes.

His pocket presence is actually quite good too ... he feels pressure and moves well in the pocket and normally doesnt round out of it unless he gets a pretty open alley and stuff down field is less certain.

He also seems to keep his eyes downfield when under pressure and sliding in the pocket. Theres plays where he steps around the pressure keeping his mechanics clean and then perfectly places a ball in a seam downfield. (Do think hes worse at this when looking for a short lateral pass tho doesnt set his feet great for those)

As for decision making he does tend to force some balls up field, but i do like the gunslinger in him, I still think its easier to tame a guy who has that courage and confidence ... then to instill it in someone who's overly cautious.

Also unlike QBs with rocket arms, he does seem to know when to and how to use touch on the ball to get it where it needs to go. And yea i did see some bad misses that were caused by shoddy mechanics or running for his life, but also saw a guy who's confidence wasnt shaken.

He's definitely a competitor, definitely has leadership of his team, and 100% is a real prospect 1st Round QB. I mean all of the 5 are, but I really do think hes the best QB in this draft, as long as you have some structure around him and dont throw him to the wolves on a really bad team. (All QB needy teams other than buffalo seem to have taken steps to do just that with a young QB tho) (Sorry AJ Mccaron)

8 hours ago, KBS756 said:

I've watched too much of these QBs but especially Allen ... hated him for his stats coming in but after watching him play really do like a lot of what I see.

I completely get the argument that hes raw in some aspects, but I do think thats a lazy observation of him and also doesnt give him enough credit.

Ive seen him make pre snap checks to his protections and routes (not very often but it does happen) ... Ive seen him try and look off a safety and come back late to the other side and throw the ball into a opening he made with his eyes.

His pocket presence is actually quite good too ... he feels pressure and moves well in the pocket and normally doesnt round out of it unless he gets a pretty open alley and stuff down field is less certain.

He also seems to keep his eyes downfield when under pressure and sliding in the pocket. Theres plays where he steps around the pressure keeping his mechanics clean and then perfectly places a ball in a seam downfield. (Do think hes worse at this when looking for a short lateral pass tho doesnt set his feet great for those)

As for decision making he does tend to force some balls up field, but i do like the gunslinger in him, I still think its easier to tame a guy who has that courage and confidence ... then to instill it in someone who's overly cautious.

Also unlike QBs with rocket arms, he does seem to know when to and how to use touch on the ball to get it where it needs to go. And yea i did see some bad misses that were caused by shoddy mechanics or running for his life, but also saw a guy who's confidence wasnt shaken.

He's definitely a competitor, definitely has leadership of his team, and 100% is a real prospect 1st Round QB. I mean all of the 5 are, but I really do think hes the best QB in this draft, as long as you have some structure around him and dont throw him to the wolves on a really bad team. (All QB needy teams other than buffalo seem to have taken steps to do just that with a young QB tho) (Sorry AJ Mccaron)

Allen is growing on me as well.

Archived