Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

I think Mora meant what he said and while it has been an unpopular opinion Mora was closer to the situation than anyone. He shouldn't have said it and he may be right, but that doesn't mean its such a bad thing. 

I think the NFL does have somewhat of a problem with players who come off as being more important than the rest of the team, and that's the vibe Rosen gives off when he questions "authority"... still, I think that's what will make him a great QB. Some of the best QBs have that kind of mindset/personality and want to know the "why" behind what they're being asked to do. Maybe that won't be a great fit for old school guys like John Dorsey and Hue Jackson, but it's the exact kind of player "deep thinkers" like Maccagnan and especially Bates want to build around. If what is being said about Rosen is true, then he will thrive with Bates... Bates is the kind of intellectual challenge that Rosen apparently needs, and they have a lot of similarities in their interests away from football and their desire to know everything there is to know about the game. This quote in it of itself makes me think more and more that the Jets will draft Rosen if he's there, but at the same time, the behind the scenes (medical, long-term commitment to football) will play a factor.

Another thing to keep in mind about Rosen: Jedd Fisch, UCLA's OC this year, was Bates' QB coach in Seattle. They also coached together with Denver in 2008 (Bates was QB coach/play caller). Considering the wealth of knowledge Bates will have on him and the amount of work Maccagnan has done (attended 6 UCLA games this year... more than any other QB), the only reason I can think of us not taking him is because we were scared off by something. 

QBASE scores are out and Mayfield has the fourth highest score since 97.  The only ones who were higher were Rivers, McNabb, and Palmer.  Allen is by far the lowest of the QB's.  Obviously not always accurate, but it predicts future success off of stats while taken into account competition and talent on your team.

25 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

QBASE scores are out and Mayfield has the fourth highest score since 97.  The only ones who were higher were Rivers, McNabb, and Palmer.  Allen is by far the lowest of the QB's.  Obviously not always accurate, but it predicts future success off of stats while taken into account competition and talent on your team.

What?  Random numbers that say Mayfield is the best.... I'm sold lets take the kid.

42 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I posted about QBASE on the previous page. Looking at past scores, it doesn't seem like the most reliable predictor. But I guess the only thing reliable about a prediction is that  you are likely to be wrong.

20 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

What?  Random numbers that say Mayfield is the best.... I'm sold lets take the kid.

That's what I've been saying for about 2 weeks now. I punched a bunch of numbers into my NFLDRAFTERIZER 2100 and it came back with Mayfield. Not sure what the big debate is about. 

So, I wonder if there's a generational difference between Jets fans and who they want at QB. Wondering if Millennial who grew up in the age of big data lean Mayfield. 

Stats/Analytics are here to stay though. It'll be a key factor in scouting, play calling, etc. The Eagles had a stat guy on the radio to help with play calling. Meanwhile, Bowles decides to punt it from their opponents 40 yard line. Sigh.

I think this franchise is eyeing Baker as the offensive culture changer much like they saw Adams on the other side of the ball. I think the Manziel comparison is the laziest analysis I have ever heard. This is going to be an exciting few weeks leading up to draft day!

10 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I think this franchise is eyeing Baker as the offensive culture changer much like they saw Adams on the other side of the ball. I think the Manziel comparison is the laziest analysis I have ever heard. This is going to be an exciting few weeks leading up to draft day!

It is a lazy evaluation. But to think he doesn’t have issues with his attitude on the field (antics that should never be displayed) and not acknowledge he has had off the field issues is even more lazy.

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It is a lazy evaluation. But to think he doesn’t have issues with his attitude on the field (antics that should never be displayed) and not acknowledge he has had off the field issues is even more lazy.

Nobody ever said/thought that

57 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Nobody ever said/thought that

Not true. I’m not saying you have. But several people on here have said that his antics show that he has fire and is highly competitive. Like his antics are a positive. Which couldn’t be less true. That’s people who are jut fans of him, excusing it. These are the same people pretty much who criticize Rosen for things off the field. Which I find odd. I’ll take a guy voicing a political stance every day of the week over a guy running from the cops after being arrested. 

40 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

This is a great read on Baker if people aren’t sold on him skill set wise

https://www.ndtscouting.com/crabbs-debunking-many-myths-mayfield/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

As someone who isn’t particularly a fan of him (obviously if we draft him I’m an immediate fan). I think there’s no persuading guys who don’t like him. For me it’s attitude more than play. Although I do have a couple questions about his ply as well. I’ve used this comparison before on him. Take Bryce Harper. People either love or hate him, mainly bc of his attitude and the way he play the game. I prefer the more Mike Trout type attitude on my team rather than Harper. And that’s why I probably don’t particularly like Baker. And really not a thing can change that in the next few weeks. If we draft him I’ll onbiously cheer for him, but that doesn’t mean I have to like him. As a yankee fan I had to do this with ARod and might have to even with Harper if he becomes a Yankee. On a 53 man roster there’s going to be personalies people don’t like. Baker is that personality I don’t like.

Archived