Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

3 more weeks ladies and gentleman. 3 more weeks. All doubts will be removed in 3 more weeks. 

NFL Draft pre draft pick tone. Goodell walks up to the mic. With the 3rd Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select .....

And the crowd goes wild. 

Bobby - Aren't you from the Dallas area? Are you crashing the party? Maybe try and see if you can sneak and peak at Macc's big board.

I will be there. Luckily in a suite so I want have that embarrassing moment of shaking my head if I don't like the pick and regretting it being on TV the rest of my life if the QB we select becomes our franchise QB. Haha!!

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

At the end of the day I think we end up with Rosen or Baker. I prefer Rosen but wont dislike getting Baker at all. So I feel no matter what I'll be happy post draft Thursday.

Famous last words.... xD

If we do end up with either I'd agree though. 

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I will be there. Luckily in a suite so I want have that embarrassing moment of shaking my head if I don't like the pick and regretting it being on TV the rest of my life if the QB we select becomes our franchise QB. Haha!!

Nice. Sounds like it'll be fun.

With the 3rd Pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select Derwin James Safety Florida State. I wouldn't want to be in the crowd if the Jets go safety with the 3rd pick.

Image result for jets fan after draft

43 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Man.... these 3 weeks are gonna drag.  I just have nothing else to say about these QB's that hasn't been said a ton of times already lol.  I think it's coming down to Baker or Rosen, give me one of them and i'll be happy.

We can even mock either because we practically only care about 1 pick. So, it'll go back to QB debate. 

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

At the end of the day I think we end up with Rosen or Baker. I prefer Rosen but wont dislike getting Baker at all. So I feel no matter what I'll be happy post draft Thursday.

After all these months of QB talk,  I agree I would prefer Rosen but I also will be happy with Baker. I just think there is something about Rosen I want. I am sure the NY & NJ press are going to love this guy for obvious reasons. There has not been a outstanding Jewish QB in the NFL since Sid Luckman in the late forties & early fifties. 

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

After all these months of QB talk,  I agree I would prefer Rosen but I also will be happy with Baker. I just think there is something about Rosen I want. I am sure the NY & NJ press are going to love this guy for obvious reasons. There has not been a outstanding Jewish QB in the NFL since Sid Luckman in the late forties & early fifties. 

Pretty sure him being Jewish will have 0 impact on if we draft him or not.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

s-l225.jpg

Would do the trick. lol.

35 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Nice. Sounds like it'll be fun.

With the 3rd Pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select Derwin James Safety Florida State. I wouldn't want to be in the crowd if the Jets go safety with the 3rd pick.

Image result for jets fan after draft

Would we still be upset if James became the member of Hall of Fame without a single SB ring?

Besides, Maye was merely 2nd round pick. lol.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Pretty sure him being Jewish will have 0 impact on if we draft him or not.

That isn't what he said. He is eager to witness next Jewish qb stud.  There are many certain qbs who hadn't panned out well in NFL since Sid Luckman.  

I’ve stated several times that I’d be ok if we draft mayfield he’s just 3rd on my list of QBs (1.Rosen 2.Darnold). I want to talk about outside of his play. Watched a video on YouTube yesterday that stated how teams should be more worried about his attitude then anyone is saying. And this is really my main issue with him besides size. The main thing it points to is how he has apologized several times for things and says things like that won’t happen again, yet they do. Why should any team magically think this changes the day he gets drafted? In te new nfl, his antics on the league will face suspensions frequently. Bringing attention to the team that no staff or teammates want. His arrest alone wouldn’t big time worry me bc it’s not uncommon to get a PI in college. But him running from cops is worrisome. And for me one of the biggest parts of this is how little he “actually” cares. If he cared he wouldn’t be making headlines for this stuff. He apologizes but continues to do things. Which negates the apology. Throughout this whole process he has continuously said he will not change who he is. Which imo is to polar opposite answer he needs to be giving  and showing. With his arrest and antics he needs to change who he is 100%. And the fact that he shows 0 want to do that is big time worrisome. Let’s remwber this was a kid that had recruitment issues bc of his attitude. He says he has a chip on his shoulder. And I get that. But why is there a chip there? He played for one of the best high school football teams in Texas (the US). It’s not like he wasn’t noticed. He received 0 scholarship offers. Only team that commented on this was TCU. And that was only bc like an immature kid Mayfield blamed Patterson for ruining his recruitment by saying he was cocky and his parents were an issue as well. I highly doubt hundreds of teams just took Patterson’s words and never cared to see him. No they met with him and saw exactly what Patterson saw and wanted nothing to do with him. Hence why he wakes on a TTU. He also displayed this cockiness and attitude at TTU which along with Mahomes coming in led to not getting a scholarship. Once again his cockiness holding him back, but like an immature kid he blames TTU just like Patterson and TCU in high school. He’s displayed no maturity since all of this. In fact he’s even more cocky now and has an arrest to go along with it while running from the cops.

I’ll cheer for whoever we draft at QB at 3 and based on skill Mayfield is very possibly best suited for that pick. But we cannot act like his cockiness and all isn’t a factor or an issue.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve stated several times that I’d be ok if we draft mayfield he’s just 3rd on my list of QBs (1.Rosen 2.Darnold).

I would not be thrilled with Mayfield at all. I think that he's a fit on the field, but a disaster waiting to happen off it. I also think he benefitted tremendously from scheme/talent at Oklahoma as well as conference play. He's 23 years old with limited athletic skill set. I stand by my comparison of Dak Prescott with a slightly stronger arm.

8 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I would not be thrilled with Mayfield at all. I think that he's a fit on the field, but a disaster waiting to happen off it. I also think he benefitted tremendously from scheme/talent at Oklahoma as well as conference play. He's 23 years old with limited athletic skill set. I stand by my comparison of Dak Prescott with a slightly stronger arm.

I generally agree with this. But if he’s our QB I have to cheer for him.

Archived