Jets trade up to #3 in the draft with Indy

Iamcanadian

2 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

Broncos won't take Mayfield.  We clearly think you are coming up to get one of the 4, will have to be 4 with Cleveland or 5 with us, and it will cost you all a lot.

We will see but I think the bills make a splash at 2 or wait and see what happens at pick 6. With me I see it falling like this if everyone stays put

1 Browns Darnold 2 Giants Rosen 3 Jets Mayfield 4 Browns Barkley (they have the picks to get other players so no need to make a trade and lose out on Darnold/Barkley tandem for the next 10 years) 5 Broncos can go Allen as Keenum isnt going to be the longterm answer or they go and assist in giving Keenum best protection with a Guard. 6 Colts Chubb (if chubb and nelson are gone this is where I can see bills moving up for allen). 7 Bills trade with Tampa and get Josh Allen.

Giants are basically the key to this whole thing if they push to win now with Eli as I believe they are then they will take the bills picks likely 12, 22, 2nd rd, 3rd rd, and 2019 2nd rd pick or 12, 2 2nd rd picks, 1st rd next year and a late rd pick next year. 2019 1st rd pick even though its next year is more valuable then pick 22 as they have the potential to land a higher pick then settling with 22. Me personally I would just give them 12, 22 and next years 1st. May be alot but the bills still would have 7 picks this year and 8 next year plus 100 mil in cap space to build up for rosen/darnold/ mayfield and this qb limbo for the last 25 years will end as they will likely get a guy for the next 10-15 years if the scouts know what they are doing.

41 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

No that is wishful thinking.

It's history actually.

Even if the Giants take a QB, I don't see the 4th one going until 8-10 range. 

Chubb, Barkley, Nelson and Fitzpatrick are too good for teams to trade down a few spots just to grab an extra 3rd or 4th and potentially miss out on a blue chip player they covet. 

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

If one isn't there it would be the first time in history 4 went that high.

I don't disagree that this is a fact.  That said, there is building momentum that it will happen.  I feel like Mayfield will start dropping in the next two weeks.  Along with Allen.  But I think it's a huge risk given the moves being made

Just now, BaldyBronco said:

I don't disagree that this is a fact.  That said, there is building momentum that it will happen.  I feel like Mayfield will start dropping in the next two weeks.  Along with Allen.  But I think it's a huge risk given the moves being made

Certainly a risk but I would be shocked if the Bills made a move before draft night. Beane won't be dictated to. If the Giants or Broncos pass on a QB then one falling down to 12 is possible, and I expect the Bills would try and get ahead of Miami to ensure they got the guy falling *assuming they even want him*.

That's the talk here.  Elway will wait to see if one falls to him at 5.  It's possible that the BPA causes some other teams to try and jump up the board to grab their guy and you see one at 12 I guess?.

My take on the waiting for one to fall is like standing around to see what girls are left at the dance.  Whether I am the girl or the QB, sure make me feel good that you made the move to come to me...Not.

If you want the guy, go get him.  Same exact thing for Elway and Kubiak.  Seems so many GM's are afraid to make a move for a franchise QB.  If he is the guy.  You could trade your entire draft away in hindsight.  If he is not, you get fired (maybe not Elway). 

Getting "value" for a QB seems counter intuitive to me.  If you value the guy, you get him?  I get the Russell Wilson/Cousins/Brady example too; sometimes you get lucky

Just now, BaldyBronco said:

That's the talk here.  Elway will wait to see if one falls to him at 5.  It's possible that the BPA causes some other teams to try and jump up the board to grab their guy and you see one at 12 I guess?.

My take on the waiting for one to fall is like standing around to see what girls are left at the dance.  Whether I am the girl or the QB, sure make me feel good that you made the move to come to me...Not.

If you want the guy, go get him.  Same exact thing for Elway and Kubiak.  Seems so many GM's are afraid to make a move for a franchise QB.  If he is the guy.  You could trade your entire draft away in hindsight.  If he is not, you get fired (maybe not Elway). 

Getting "value" for a QB seems counter intuitive to me.  If you value the guy, you get him?  I get the Russell Wilson/Cousins/Brady example too; sometimes you get lucky

I think the Josh Allen to Buffalo has some validity to it. At least in terms of what Beane has said he prioritizes at the position, who he was apart of drafting in Carolina and potentially the most important, what he said after trading up to 12.

I am paraphrasing here but he said something along the lines of the players they were scouting, he knew would not be around when they picked. So he had his staff stop doing work on them knowing they'd have to get into the 12-15 range. Low and behold they go and make that move. Allen at 12 is possible and good value for him IMO.

I 100% agree about if there is a guy you want, go and get him. However, I do not believe Buffalo currently has one they covet more then the other and they likely won't for another few weeks at least. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

It's history actually.

Even if the Giants take a QB, I don't see the 4th one going until 8-10 range. 

Chubb, Barkley, Nelson and Fitzpatrick are too good for teams to trade down a few spots just to grab an extra 3rd or 4th and potentially miss out on a blue chip player they covet. 

Im saying that about mayfield not about all 4 qbs as wishful thinking. Mayfield to me and alot of people have him 2b as Darnold is 1 and Rosen can be 1b or 2a. Josh Allen I can see be the player to fall to 8-10 range as he needs more polishing, and teams like Miami are less likely to move up for him compared to mayfield. Jets aren't that dumb to blindly jump to 3 if they werent comfortable being there. They have shown the most interest towards Mayfield then most teams as of yet. Staying at 6 they knew that those 3 wouldnt likely fall and thats why they stepped up on the move. Allen is on the border of those 3 as his accuracy is a big concern as of right now and needs time to sit and learn more then the other 3. If bills want 1 of those 3 it has to be to pick 2 is what I was trying to make as my point.

Can I ask why you think the browns take Josh Allen over the other guys? I just dont see anything that wows me to say he is a candidate at 1, the only thing is a couple media members mentioning his name a couple of months ago. Both Rosen and Darnold have decent arm strength as they have proven to be able to throw 50-60 yd passes in games, combine (rosen), and pro days. I know allen can get 10 more yards on them but is that something worth taking knowing his accuracy is off?

21 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im saying that about mayfield not about all 4 qbs as wishful thinking. Mayfield to me and alot of people have him 2b as Darnold is 1 and Rosen can be 1b or 2a. Josh Allen I can see be the player to fall to 8-10 range as he needs more polishing, and teams like Miami are less likely to move up for him compared to mayfield. Jets aren't that dumb to blindly jump to 3 if they werent comfortable being there. They have shown the most interest towards Mayfield then most teams as of yet. Staying at 6 they knew that those 3 wouldnt likely fall and thats why they stepped up on the move. Allen is on the border of those 3 as his accuracy is a big concern as of right now and needs time to sit and learn more then the other 3. If bills want 1 of those 3 it has to be to pick 2 is what I was trying to make as my point.

Can I ask why you think the browns take Josh Allen over the other guys? I just dont see anything that wows me to say he is a candidate at 1, the only thing is a couple media members mentioning his name a couple of months ago. Both Rosen and Darnold have decent arm strength as they have proven to be able to throw 50-60 yd passes in games, combine (rosen), and pro days. I know allen can get 10 more yards on them but is that something worth taking knowing his accuracy is off?

The Josh Allen needs polishing thing cracks me up.  It means he is inaccurate.  Which is like trying to polish a turd...LOL  I think he is a bust and other teams are using him as leverage in the debate. Mayfield is a wildcard high risk reward pick.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Just the history of John Dorsey would suggest Josh Allen. However, earlier today I said that they'll take Darnold after the pro day he had and the fact that the owner was there and speaking with his parents. Only way Darnold is not a Brown is if the Giants actually have interest in him and entice the Browns to swap picks (assuming the Browns like someone else as well).

I would also say you are giving the Jets too much credit lol. The Jets made that trade out of desperation without knowing the Browns or Giants plans and without even working out any of the QB's.

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

They have 5 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Where are all these holes ? They need a LT, MLB, definitely need a CB and depth. It's not like they're in salary cap jail as well.

They can go Darnold, Barkley and trade back up to replace Thomas or wait to get a CB who will likely start. 

End of the day, we need them a hell of alot more than they need us 

I'd add a TE, OLB, DT, and since I have no faith in Gordon staying in the league, a WR, too. My $0.02. As for the salary cap...yes they have a ton of room, but that doesn't mean there is anyone left that they want to spend any serious cash on. 

As you said though, we are far more desperate to get to 4 than they need us to hook them up with picks.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Just the history of John Dorsey would suggest Josh Allen. However, earlier today I said that they'll take Darnold after the pro day he had and the fact that the owner was there and speaking with his parents. Only way Darnold is not a Brown is if the Giants actually have interest in him and entice the Browns to swap picks (assuming the Browns like someone else as well).

I would also say you are giving the Jets too much credit lol. The Jets made that trade out of desperation without knowing the Browns or Giants plans and without even working out any of the QB's.

I'm thinking Josh Allen to Giants makes way, way too much sense. They can afford to sit him for 1 maybe even 2 Years and mold that toolset.

If we get to 4 or 5 I'm thinking Baker Mayfield will be our dude, and I'm cool with that.

Giants just traded JPP to bucs, everyone is linking chubb to them at 2 but I have a feeling this isnt the case as the new DC runs a 3-4 base and both chubb and jpp have almost identical frame. One guy who was highly touted as a 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE is Shaq Lawson, beane willing to part ways with a whaley pick and signing murphy? This could be a piece to be added to their equation to get to 2. get pick 12 and a mid round pick that they can send to bucs, bears or niners and get edmunds or smith. Giants will have Shaq olb olgetree ilb edmunds/smith olb and their other guy would be a nice 4 setup at linebacker they need to revamp that def.

54 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Giants just traded JPP to bucs, everyone is linking chubb to them at 2 but I have a feeling this isnt the case as the new DC runs a 3-4 base and both chubb and jpp have almost identical frame. One guy who was highly touted as a 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE is Shaq Lawson, beane willing to part ways with a whaley pick and signing murphy? This could be a piece to be added to their equation to get to 2. get pick 12 and a mid round pick that they can send to bucs, bears or niners and get edmunds or smith. Giants will have Shaq olb olgetree ilb edmunds/smith olb and their other guy would be a nice 4 setup at linebacker they need to revamp that def.

Shaq Lawson is not a 3-4 OLB. When Rex drafted him to play that position it was quite a head-scratcher.

He is best played at 4-3 DE. I don't see a 3-4 team wanting Shaq. 

16 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Shaq Lawson is not a 3-4 OLB. When Rex drafted him to play that position it was quite a head-scratcher.

He is best played at 4-3 DE. I don't see a 3-4 team wanting Shaq. 

Coming out of college he was stated to be a 3-4 OLB. At the combine this is what was said about him:

STRENGTHS: Built like a tank with thickly muscled legs and a broad chest. Clemson played him at 5-­technique and standing up on the outside. Scheme versatile and will likely appeal to be 3­-4 and 4-­3 teams. Very powerful at the point of attack. Able to punch, extend arms and control the line of scrimmage or set a hard edge. Able to shock and shed blockers and has the hand quickness to staggered block attempts. Power allows him to play on other side of the line. Finished second in the nation in "stuffs" for defensive linemen with 17. Comes off ball low and with forward lean into his rush. Has frame to handle a double team. Has plus instincts and feel for the game. Toughness in full display.

SOURCES TELL US: "I see Shaq as an outside linebacker in a 3-4. He's not the guy you want to turn loose against the quarterback, but he is the guy that will make it hard for tight ends to block him in the run game. We knew we couldnt run at him and it changed how we called plays." -- ACC offensive coach

NFL COMPARISON: Courtney Upshaw

He has the capability of playing both 3-4 De or 3-4 OLB....ideally he would be better at 3-4 OLB.

Either way giants will need a pass rusher, people say chubb but he doesnt fit so they can either take shaq as a piece or even take edmunds/smith at 12

Archived