Jets trade up to #3 in the draft with Indy

Iamcanadian

10 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I essentially see this as a rob johnson move, no time to repeat history by giving up a 1st or multiple picks for mediocrity based on a handful of productive games. Ill risk it on a rookie qb

Again, everyone is expecting the worst with QB's. Just like Josh Allen, we may have to prepare for a QB outside of Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield at end of the day as much as its not what any of us want.

Foles is an upgrade over Taylor imo, add in quality draft picks based on need like maybe Roquan Smith, Will Hernandez, Christian Kirk etc and we're considerably better than our 9-7 team from last season.

50 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Again, everyone is expecting the worst with QB's. Just like Josh Allen, we may have to prepare for a QB outside of Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield at end of the day as much as its not what any of us want.

Foles is an upgrade over Taylor imo, add in quality draft picks based on need like maybe Roquan Smith, Will Hernandez, Christian Kirk etc and we're considerably better than our 9-7 team from last season.

A lot of QBs are an upgrade over Taylor. That's not a good argument to sign Foles.

Foles is a same ole' same ole' signing/trade of the last 20 something years. We've been down this road how many times?

46 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I understand it may be better team but is it enough to be a superbowl contender or a repeat division winner? I just dont buy it giving up pick 22 for foles are we getting what he did with philly in playoffs or end of regular season or when he played for the rams? Wentz and defense are built for success and stepping in for a few games granted superbowl is it enough to say Foles can be franchise material behind the oline the bills have or the defense that is here? I know the uncertainty of a rookie qb and thats why I was all for cousins because he produced so well so often but the bills have been committed to moving up ever since beane stepped in to the building. If he wasnt confident in the qbs in the draft I dont think he would have pulled the trigger on trading Tyrod or asking for move up power with Cincy on the glen trade, they could have selected to take a mid round pick if they wanted to but the signs just point towards moving up and getting the qb they can build around for the next 5 years. Im just tired of seeing history constantly be repeated by not taking advantage of the opportunity to get a guy you truly want then settling for someone at 12 like Lamar or Rudolph or trading for someone else's scraps in Foles. Im tired of the retreads, Tyrod, fitzpatrick, orton, heck even bledsoe, back up Qbs with their current teams to come over to bills to be starter isnt something I am happy about. I would be fine giving up this entire draft to the browns or giants if it meant a stable qb for the next 10-15 years. No one remembers what teams gave up to get their franchise qb they remember being contenders in the division and playoffs. With Tom Brady being 41 years old the AFC East is up for grabs for the next 5-10 years so why not be that team to blow up this years draft to be the next patriots in the division?

3 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

A lot of QBs are an upgrade over Taylor. That's not a good argument to sign Foles.

Foles is a same ole' same ole' signing/trade of the last 20 something years. We've been down this road how many times?

And we may have to go down the road again.

I agree with everyone about moving up in the draft but it takes 2 to tango in a deal and Cleveland and Giants may have the exact same mindset as us. Especially Cleveland who doesn't need the kings ransom of draft picks 

Let's be realistic and open minded here boys.

17 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

And we may have to go down the road again.

I agree with everyone about moving up in the draft but it takes 2 to tango in a deal and Cleveland and Giants may have the exact same mindset as us. Especially Cleveland who doesn't need the kings ransom of draft picks 

Let's be realistic and open minded here boys.

I agree 100%. I think if we don’t move up it means more than likely that the teams ahead of us want to stand pat. You guys are acting like it’s going to be easy to move up in one of the deepest QB drafts on paper in years. The problem is we won our usual 7-9 games and it put is out of the elite QB range yet again. I know we all wanted to break the drought, but it kind of screwed us. It’s going to take a lot for a team like the Giants to move back 10 spots when there are elite players at the top they may see as franchise players. Everyone wants us to move up and get our franchise guy, but if the teams in top 5 deem our guy as a franchise player then there is likely nothing we can do.

1 minute ago, Billsfaninptown said:

If we were to move up to 4 it would have to be on draft. We would need to see how the top 3 picks play out and see if our QB is still there.

How would you guys rank the big 4 QBs in terms of how they'd fit on your roster?

Just now, Billsfaninptown said:

I would go...

1. Darnold

2. Mayfield

3. Rosen

4. Allen

Allen has the skillset to be a good fit in our offense, but I question his intangibles.

One thing Allen has going  for him is that he's played in cold weather. I think Mayfield makes it to 4 for sure though, and I think the Broncos are secretly hot for him so if you guys think Mayfield would fit your scheme, that could very well go down.

So the Jets sign two QB's paying them a combined 25 mil? Then trade 3 second round picks to move up just 3 spots without knowing what the Browns and Giants are doing? LOL okay.

Beane said himself he hasn't spent more than 15 minutes with these QB's but yet the Jets feel confident enough to make this move? I'm sorry but I find that hilarious. 

Not since 1999 has the 3rd QB in the draft gone before pick 8. Even in this years draft I do not see that changing. 

Here is my guess:

1. Cleveland selects Josh Allen
2. NYG Select Sam Darnold
3. NYJ Select Josh Rosen
4. Cleveland select Saqon Barkley
5. Denver selects Quenton Nelson
6. Indianapolis selects Bradley Chubb
7.  Tampa Selects defense
8. Chicago selects defense 
9. Buffalo trades up for Baker costing pick 12 and 96.

Archived